Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Looking for your help for a SkyTeam Route/advice departing from VIENNA (VIE)

Looking for your help for a SkyTeam Route/advice departing from VIENNA (VIE)

Old Oct 21, 12, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: SkyTeam/FlyingBlue Plat - AMEX/AF
Question Looking for your help for a SkyTeam Route/advice departing from VIENNA (VIE)

Dear All,

I hope you're fine
I am seeking a little help/trick fy for a forthcoming travel i could do either by car, but i'd be keen on doing by flight.

I have to go from Vienna to Munich (OR Stuttgart OR Innsbuck (not too far) (or eventually/excpetionnal) Nurenberg if this would help somehow) on Friday 26th October 2012 preferable in the morning...
I am considering ALL route with SKYTEAM (for my status flights counts), aka : Via PARIS , via ROME, via PRAGUE, etc.

but I cannot manage work something out either on AirFrance or Alitalia website for such routes. and on separates tickets there is only business available and massive price.
The return date can be a fake/random one...

I am desperately seeking a little help for any possiblity or advice ? Preferably in Eco. (more or less expensive)

Thousand thanks for the kind help and tips, !!
Alex
Old Oct 21, 12, 5:31 am

Programs: EY Silver, BA Bronze, Accor Gold
ITA shows Skyteam flights from E732 with Tarom.
Old Oct 21, 12, 5:43 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
I checked with EF all combinations I could think of and it seems that the seats for this OD pair are simply gone, except some very expensive fares in high Economy classes or Business.
It seems you are too late with your flight plans. As this is a rather unusual combination, your options are few anyway and you can't have both: a flight on short notice and a cheap one.
Unless I have overlooked something very exceptional, my advice is: take the car and use the money you will have saved to buy a cheap flight to a nice destination, but this time some weeks in advance. Even if you just fly to AMS or CDG or FCO and return on the same day, this should be cheaper than any VIE-MUC flight you could have come up at an earlier point of time. In this sense, you are not missing out on any opportunity.

Last edited by cityflyer369; Oct 21, 12 at 6:03 am
Old Oct 21, 12, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by AlexanderCDG View Post
Dear All,

I hope you're fine
I am seeking a little help/trick fy for a forthcoming travel i could do either by car, but i'd be keen on doing by flight.

I have to go from Vienna to Munich (OR Stuttgart OR Innsbuck (not too far) (or eventually/excpetionnal) Nurenberg if this would help somehow) on Friday 26th October 2012 preferable in the morning...
I am considering ALL route with SKYTEAM (for my status flights counts), aka : Via PARIS , via ROME, via PRAGUE, etc.

but I cannot manage work something out either on AirFrance or Alitalia website for such routes. and on separates tickets there is only business available and massive price.
The return date can be a fake/random one...

I am desperately seeking a little help for any possiblity or advice ? Preferably in Eco. (more or less expensive)

Thousand thanks for the kind help and tips, !!
Alex
You can't get those to work because - quite rightly - airlines won't have priced itineraries with such unnatural stops (not even a question of HIP rule, just a question of probably no fare loaded for this at all!) I believe that if you DO want to do this by plane, you only solution would be two separate tickets. Let us say, for the of argument that you want to go via CDG:

- VIE-CDG-VIE return (return wasted)
- CDG-MUC-CDG return (outound on the same day, leave yourself at least two hours between arrival of the VIE-CDG flight and departure of the CDG-MUC one, return wasted).

Needless to say that while I'm sure that you have your own perfectly valid reasons not to take the excellent trains on that route (which would do the trip in about 4 hours in vastly more comfortable surroundings), or failing that a direct LH/OS flight, either option would be far cheaper, faster, safer (in terms of risking a missed connection) and easier than what you are trying to do.
Old Oct 21, 12, 6:05 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
There are fares loaded for this itinerary, there are just no seats on offer anymore.
Old Oct 21, 12, 11:03 am

Programs: AA Plat, Delta GM
Well... a bit late for cheap fares...

403€ according to ITA with SU via Moscow with a long layover :

Vienna (VIE) to Moscow (SVO) - ven., oct. 26
Aeroflot 2355 Dep: 12:30AM Arr: 5:05AM 2h 35m Airbus A319 Economy (T)
Layover in SVO 10h 35m

Moscow (SVO) to Munich (MUC) - ven., oct. 26
Aeroflot 2326 Dep: 3:40PM Arr: 4:45PM 3h 5m Airbus A320 Economy (T)

Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents)
VIE SU X/MOW 151.20TEX SU MUC 202.44TEX1 NUC 353.64 END ROE 0.790327 XT 7.70AT 8.00QD 17.90ZY 82.00YQ 7.40YR

And 409€ for STR :

Vienna (VIE) to Moscow (SVO) - ven., oct. 26
Aeroflot 2355 Dep: 12:30AM Arr: 5:05AM 2h 35m Airbus A319 Economy (T)
Layover in SVO 7h 5m

Moscow (SVO) to Stuttgart (STR) - ven., oct. 26
Aeroflot 2336 Dep: 12:10PM Arr: 1:30PM 3h 20m Airbus A319 Economy (T)

Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents)
VIE SU X/MOW 151.20TEX SU STR 202.44TEX1 NUC 353.64 END ROE 0.790327 XT 7.70AT 8.00QD 17.90ZY 5.80RA 82.00YQ 7.40YR
Old Oct 21, 12, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Hello All, and many-many thanks for your super input/help as usual for this weird posting of mine )
Yes unfortunatelly quite a bit last minute (

Good to read you and Thanks Orbitmic ))
Yes i recon it's a bit silly (how to do simple when one can do complicate ;-)
Hahah !

But yes what you said is very interesting for the VIE-CDG-VIE + CDG-MUC-CDG to combine. (as i'd always be able to use the "returns/non used" at some other later date with modification fee etc. Or to put a random date.

Actually on the Thursday it is interesting and "okay" for me in terms of fees and could be done, and i would like to do it but on Friday it's madness
Actuelle the probleme is getting out of Vienna.
(the PARIS >> MUC >> PARIS is "okay" @ 200e)
but i'm STUCK to get out of Vienna on that day...
If any ideas i'm open to any morning flights...
AZ, AF, KLM, Czech which could bring me to a connecting airport for MUC/STR.

I'm still hesitating/considering the options if ever something new comes up please don't hesitate i'd really be interested... via PAR/CDG/LYON/AMS or WHATEVER and then from then to take another separated ticket to reach MUC or STR or so... maybe

As I could get part of it reimbursed the rest will be for my "pleasure of flying" (and Status Flights!)

Very Interesting for the via Moscow Route. Thanks for this. It will not work this time (too late) but why not next time when i know more in advance...

Many thanks and speak soon,
Alex
Old Oct 22, 12, 3:00 am

Programs: AA Plat, Delta GM
Hi,

Just an idea but if you want your miles on FB, try to have a look at Ukraine Air International. Maybe you can do something via KPB like VIE-KBP-AMS-STR/MUC.

Not sure at all, and on two separate tickets though I think and no level miles.

100% – B, E, H, K, L, O, Q, R, S, V, W, Y
50% – G, M, N, J, T
KBP-CDG : 0% anyway.
Old Nov 2, 12, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

You where right, finally due to poor timing/dates (26Oct) was national holiday in Austria, there was no realistic outbound options for the route so all went via Road & car rental.

I'll post soon as i might have a new timeframe (soon) aka within less that 1 week for a trip to Paris via xxx any stopover(s) for my status "runs"...
Will let you know soon in case this time is more suitable,
Man y thanks again,
A.
Old Nov 3, 12, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Exclamation Looking VIE - PAR via Stopover 09/NOV and Return to preverably MUC (eventually VIE)

Well another “Friday” outbound possible

Next Friday 9 November:
I will be leaving from VIENNA (VIE) to go PARIS i can leave anytime but the sooner the better.

I am ok/willing to make 1 or 2 stopovers (for status flights) as it could be a good moment/timing (no luggages, no much stress) or cross tickets:

I started looking on the differentes sites but i’m not expert as you and again lost !!!
How should i look it up ? It there a best best website for the “uncommon” routes/rates to check ?

From VIENNA : I understood experienced the most commun Skyteam hubs are
Vienna > Lyon / Rome / Amsterdam : are among easy option/operated routes.
And i’m ok “cross” ticketing if needed.
First flights leaving on early morning are fine.
I saw KLM was starting to be booked.
AF and Alitalia still possibilities to work something out i guess but need your advice ☺

1 / I see there is one alitalia @ 170e for VIE-ROM on the Friday (with a random useless return)
from then i could top on a AF ROM PARIS (direct or via AMS)

2 / Or in the mean time for instance i have a reservation on :
GO : FRIDAY 09 NOV
VIE – LYS – CDG
Return : TUESDAY 13 NOV
CDG – VIE (not MUC possible without SKYROCKETING Prices)
300Euros.
I might not take the return to VIE and will take it another time, and will take a Normal Munich Round trip, (also which one return it’ll use another time)
I guess that’s what you call cross tickets (?)

For info “only”
I would have to fly back on Tuesday 13 Nov from Paris to GERMANY (munich) (preferably direct) and in the morning BUT I can ALSO take a separate “normal go & return” for this, if simple and as I saw a new thing : return to other country of destination is no longer possible on airfrance (unless high prices)
I used to do it , still few weeks ago and Germany/Austria for instance was totally fine, and where counting like a normal/local “return” ticket in Eco etc.
I cannot and am not willing to pay business for this and my employer either !!

Normal / price eco will be ok.
What would your suggestions expertise be ?
THOUSAND THANKS AGAIN and have a good week end ))
Old Nov 4, 12, 9:18 am
Original Poster

I am to book a return (from a previou ticket) VIE-LYS-CDG for 150eur (incld modification fee) and will take a new ticket for a CDG-MUC and return MUC(orVIE)-CDG
Old Nov 6, 12, 11:10 am
Original Poster

I will be able to leave as of Thursday 8th Nov and be as of around 1.00Pm local time at VIE Airport.
Is there any flights (with correspondance) AMS or ROM or other in the afternoon ?
I took a few weeks ago ST / KLM

VIE - AMS (around 14:20) then AMS - CDG but can't find this on this date ?
Any thoughts , new schedule ?
Thousand thanks )
Alex
Old Nov 8, 12, 2:46 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
For this kind of query, I always start with the SkyTeam downloadable timetable, and then if necessary use KVS Tool to check specifics, and availability.

Anyhow, it seems that in summer season KLM has 4 daily flights AMS-VIE and vv, but in winter season there are only 3 (departing VIE at 06:55, 12:40 and 17:00).