Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Error reports and suggestions for OLCI/mobile CKI

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:40 am

I suppose this is to be expected as it's a booking for two passengers, but it's a real shame I can't have the BP on the AF's mobile app.

What would be great is having all BPs and then picking one or just having the option to download one. Surely it's something that can be done

Had I booked the flights as individual tickets, it would be fine. But for the sake of convenience, I booked them together, and as a result, you are inconvenienced by the inability to have the BP on your phone
Old Sep 11, 2014, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I fully agree. There should be an easy way for each pax on a single PNR to have their BP on their phone.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 2:23 am

Programs: Many
Just did OLCI this morning for wife and myself travelling together but on 2 separate PNR :
- system successfully asks for the other pax's ticket number...
- ... but retrieves only one BP
Old Sep 26, 2014, 6:59 am

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
Grr, OLCI on AF and KL websites override my DL FFN entered in the PNR with the Flying Blue FFN automatically, maybe because it is booked as an award flight on FB? There is no way leaving the DL FFN except not checking in online.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 9:19 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
I recently tried to do OLCI at klm.com for a KL-coded, ticketed and operated TATL flight, for myself and Mrs KQ321 - travelling together but on separate PNRs.

Having started OLCI for one of us, and selected 'add passenger', the system correctly found the other pax. However, the following screen asked to 'confirm personal details' (ie: gender, DoB, nationality, residence and FFN) for each pax - and although these were correctly entered for both of us, the system wouldn't proceed beyond this point, but gave the following error message:
Unfortunately something went wrong while updating your personal details. Please try again later, or check in at a self-service machine or at the desk at the airport. We are sorry for the inconvenience! [005.001.000]
Doing OLCI for each of us individually worked fine - the (same) personal details were accepted, and it then moved to another personal details screen (I think asking API data for the USA). Data entered here was accepted, and we were able to (individually) complete OLCI.

So, it appears there is some kind of (transient?) problem with the personal information/API data stage, when pax on multiple PNRs attempt to check-in together...

PS: I realise I've posted quite a few error reports in this thread in recent months, so perhaps I should point out that for the vast majority of flights (especially single sector trips within Europe), OLCI has worked perfectly...
Old Apr 26, 2015, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by KQ321
I recently tried to do OLCI at klm.com for a KL-coded, ticketed and operated TATL flight, for myself and Mrs KQ321 - travelling together but on separate PNRs.

Having started OLCI for one of us, and selected 'add passenger', the system correctly found the other pax. However, the following screen asked to 'confirm personal details' (ie: gender, DoB, nationality, residence and FFN) for each pax - and although these were correctly entered for both of us, the system wouldn't proceed beyond this point, but gave the following error message:
Unfortunately something went wrong while updating your personal details. Please try again later, or check in at a self-service machine or at the desk at the airport. We are sorry for the inconvenience! [005.001.000]
Doing OLCI for each of us individually worked fine - the (same) personal details were accepted, and it then moved to another personal details screen (I think asking API data for the USA). Data entered here was accepted, and we were able to (individually) complete OLCI.

So, it appears there is some kind of (transient?) problem with the personal information/API data stage, when pax on multiple PNRs attempt to check-in together...

PS: I realise I've posted quite a few error reports in this thread in recent months, so perhaps I should point out that for the vast majority of flights (especially single sector trips within Europe), OLCI has worked perfectly...
Argh, just had exactly the same problem on my flight tomorrow, although the error is [005.009.111]
Strangely, it asks for my nationality, something which it hasn't done in recent times, despite me booking this ticket exactly the same way as my previous ones.
Either way, no matter what I try and how I try it, just cannot get past this.

Also, on my previous flight (also a LHR-CDG), I had an automatic check-in, something I've only ever had on previous domestic AF flights.

I received an email this morning saying that due to a technical error, I wasn't checked in automatically.

I presume the root cause is the same, but why?
Old May 17, 2015, 3:22 am

Can't do OLCI for a TATL flight to MIA, with my wife and infant son.
Do you guys think it's because of our son, or is this another bug?
I've tried AF website and app, and klm website.
Old May 17, 2015, 3:43 am

Bonjour Ben from a fellow TV engineer working in Paris

I eventually managed to fix this and check in although it's a somewhat convoluted process.

The reason (in my case) for the inability was because it had somehow lost my passport / nationality information.

It's misleading because the error is just a number and at no point does the check-in process suggest what is missing.

The way I did it was to log into my profile on the full website, then in my personal details, add the documents.

Once that's done and all saved. Log out of your account, then log back in. After I did that, I was able to check in online.

Now tt could be that you already have the details saved for yourself, but if this is the first time you're travelling with your son, his details aren't present hence the problem.

It could also be that you cannot check-in minors online, I don't know, but it's worth checking you have all the passenger's details in your profile. I think you can add others too (I seem to remember seeing that option on the mobile app).

Bonne chance!
Xavier
Old May 17, 2015, 3:45 am

Merci Xavier, I'll try that!
Old May 17, 2015, 3:52 am

I've tried again but it seems I can't add passport information for my wife and son. I can add them to travel companions, with their FB number, but that's it.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 7:02 pm

Argh!

FFS, they've done it again.
Went to check in online using their Android App, and I knew it wasn't going to work when it asks for nationality... Same error code: 005.009.111
I've added the passport to the app again, for some reason it was deleted. But still cannot check in.
I've logged out and back in, no change.
I've tried checking in on the normal web page on the PC, same problem.

This is sooo frustrating. Happens every now and then for no reason. I book my tickets in exactly the same way.

It's not just ATC in France that are on strike, it's AF's systems too!
Old Jul 26, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: Many
Error reports and suggestions for OLCI/mobile CKI

Experienced last week on MiNi ticket : Passbook correctly showing MiNi, paper BP printed at the airport showing Basic...
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: Flying Blue
tried checking in for my Y flight to CUR tomorrow. No allocated seats?? and no seat plan.. now hoping I will have some decent seats tomorrow as Plat..

Twitterted KLM this morning but no reply...
Old Jun 8, 2018, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I did't want to open a new thread for this, but there are some interesting bugs at the moment in the AF app. Look at the lounge info (this is a Schengen flight in Y out of 2F)
I was secretly hoping it was a new Ultimate benefit , but no...just a bug.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.