Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Error reports and suggestions for OLCI/mobile CKI

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2013, 6:10 am

May I suggest we start a completely new thread that is only related to the mobile apps?

I might be able to assist with the issues you encounter on the mobile side, but I would not want to interfere with the website checkin and other issues discussed here that are not related to the mobile apps.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by JohnnyDoe
May I suggest we start a completely new thread that is only related to the mobile apps?

I might be able to assist with the issues you encounter on the mobile side, but I would not want to interfere with the website checkin and other issues discussed here that are not related to the mobile apps.
I would support that, it's up to the moderators to decide and make the necessary changes.

Johnny, I assume you are involved with the development/maintenance of the mobile apps?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 2:14 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
There is another update for the KLM app available.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
There is another update for the KLM app available.
Just wondering why the AF application isn't updated as well, it suffers from the same bug of disappearing boarding pass.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Johnny, I assume you are involved with the development/maintenance of the mobile apps?
For now, let's say I know some people

Regarding the AF app, it will be updated soon. I think AF wants some other things implemented as well and that is why it is taking a bit longer.

In the meantime, if you experience other problems with the KL app, please post here and maybe send me a PM in case I do not read this thread as often as I would like.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 8:20 am

New update for the AF app is available.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

First AF flight this year, booked for a family members.

Booking process: crashed three times, impossible to enter FB numbers, profile changes not registered.

Check-in: Boarding passes arrived by mail at H-30h, wanted to click on it and change seats, seat map couldn't be shown.

The year is only starting, but out of 2 attempts we have 2 failures. 100% failure is not good.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 2:34 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Check-in: Boarding passes arrived by mail at H-30h, wanted to click on it and change seats, seat map couldn't be shown.
Got automated BP 32h before flight by mail with a link to change seats, message on AF site, flight is not open for check-in yet (!!) and at t-30, as San Gottardo on 2 flights seat map errored out and an 2 other flights, not one single seat was left to choose from (in reality one of these flights was half empty when I was flying).
Old Mar 14, 2013, 2:29 am

There is a new update for the KLM app (V.4.4). Please feel free to report the issues you encounter here or PM me or use the contact email address in the app description.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
There is a new update for the KLM app (V.4.4). Please feel free to report the issues you encounter here or PM me or use the contact email address in the app description.
Dear JohnnyDoe
It's not about OLCI and not about KL app but about AF app (but the same problem may exist on KL) : since the 1st version of the AF app, there is a very annoying problem. When you want to check a flight status, there is a bug about the date. By example if you want to check the status of a CDG-XXX flight on march 14 (today), you need to select the date of the day before (march 13) to have the correct display of flights. It shouldn't be too hard to fix that ??
Thank you
Old Mar 15, 2013, 7:27 am

Eagerly awaiting Passbook!
Old Mar 22, 2013, 1:31 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Thanks for the heads up regarding v4.4. I assume you're interested in feedback on all of KLM's apps. Briefly:

KLM App
Are there any plans to add "Return from / to a different destination" or multi-city booking functionality at all? The majority of my flights are open-jaws (and/or with stopovers) so I find these two features on klm.com extremely useful (and generally better than that offered on other airline websites that I'm familiar with). So, if the app doesn't offer these options, it's not much use to me for booking flights... (I realise that multi-city booking might be a bit tricky on a small screen, but "Return from / to a different destination" is not that different to a regular return booking).

I would also like to have an offline timetable option (as a minimum, to download timetables for a specific route (like the Deutsche Bahn app), but better the entire AF/KL, and ideally the entire SkyTeam, timetable - like the SkyTeam downloadable timetable for PCs). This may seem an archaic request in this 'always online' age, but being on a plane is one location when you're generally not online (apart from Delta domestic services, etc) - and if, say, your flight is running late, it's nice to be able to check out re-route options before you land.

KLM Movies & More
I like this app: it's much quicker to browse than the AVOD system itself, and it means you can decide which movie to want while you're queuing at the airport, and then start watching as the AVOD system is switched on.

However, it seems it only displays one month at any one time. If it's the end of one month, and you're travelling early in the next month, it'd be nice to be able to view the next month's line-up, as well as the current month's.

KLM Houses
Again, a useful app. However, it would be useful if it had an export (and ideally import) feature, so you could save your list of collected houses somewhere. (I'm worried that just having the data in the app is not very safe, so I still have to keep another record somewhere, in case the app crashes badly and loses the list...)

Also, on my phone the app sits in the phone memory, and the option to transfer to the SD card is greyed out, which unfortunately means it is wasting precious phone memory. (Unlike the other KLM apps, which happily transfer to and run from the SD card).
Old Mar 25, 2013, 3:21 am

Thank you very much for your feedback KQ321!
I will make sure your feedback reaches the contacts I have.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
When you want to buy a ticket with the AF app, you can only select Mr. No way to enter Mrs or Miss when entering the person's details. Not sure if this is only me, but AF is usually not known to discriminate genders.
Old May 17, 2013, 6:43 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles&Smiles
As an anecdote while accessing the CDG 2F lounge and showing the BP with the AF Android application, the male ground staff complained (while having my phone in his hands) that he couldn't zoom to better see the details before granting me access.

I kindly told him that this would be something he should tell the appropriate service at AF, not me, he retorked that it was my phone that was the problem. He also suggested discretely that I should use a phone from the company with a fruit in it's logo instead, as it works so much better. Am I the only one finding this odd?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.