Search

AF/FlyBe Online Check In

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, SQ Gold
AF/FlyBe Online Check In

Hi all

I have a flight booked CDG-MAN in October. I booked through FlyBE but it is operated by AF. I am flying into CDG from SIN in the morning, the AF flight departs around 1:30 after scheduled arrival on AF257, so very tight to go through immigration at 2E and back through check in at the same terminal. My problem is that FlyBE online check in will direct me to AF. AF have confirmed I won't be able to check in with them as it is a FlyBE PNR.

I called FlyBE who have given me a ticket number and told me that I won't be able to check in with BE or AF, but that 36 hours before my flight I will be sent a 'special link that is neither AF or BE', where I need to input my ticket number and OLCI will be possible.

My question is, is this correct? It worries me as I will be checking in from the lounge in SIN, as for the rest of the 48 hours prior to my flight I'll be on other flights :-) If I'm unable to check in during this few hour gap, then I'll be screwed!

Anyone have experience of this mythical third party, and how it works?

Many thanks in advance
Noel
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I never heard about this third party link. I once flew to EDI on AF metal but with a BE ticket, and it was impossible to OLCI either on AF or BE web site. It was not possible also at CDG on the AF kiosks. It had to be done by an agent (AF agent, as BE do not have check-in staff at CDG). So I believe AF agents at the airside transfer desk should be able to check you in, but this is an incertitude that you cannot live with so I hope your link will work. You should have booked your MAN flight under AF code, to avoid all these hassles.
Also, you mentioned in your post passing immigration, but normally, for this connection, you shouldn't have to pass immigration in CDG.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:56 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
I've never done a transfer to a BE ticketed flight, but, I have flown numerous times on BE ticketed AF flights (and AF ticketed BE flights and BE ticketed BE lights....). So I can confirm two things:

1) You will be able to OLCI
2) If for some reason you don't OLCI you will definitely be able to have your Boarding Card issued at any Air France check-in counter, which includes the airside transfer desks in 2E, so no need to go through Customs, etc.

If you are FB Elite/Elite+ on FlyBE ticket stock they will normally let you use the Sky Priority queues/lanes but they won't let you in the lounge - since it's AF operated you even get free coffee & sucre/salee on board.

1h30 should be more than enough time - all you'll need to do is go from the Satellite where the Singapore flight arrives to the main hall in 2E where the UK flights leave.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: AF-Platinum for Life / LH-M&M / Radisson Rewards Platinum / IHG Gold
Apologies for bringing this old thread up, but has anyone had any recent experience with AF tickets operated by BE metal?

I will soon fly CDG-MAN-CDG: Tickets bought on AF, flights operated by BE.
Will AF online check-in work? And which service shall I expect on BE?
Old Sep 22, 2015, 4:51 pm

Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Eurobonus (gold), Accor (plat), Bonvoy (plat)
Originally Posted by Q-STO
I will soon fly CDG-MAN-CDG: Tickets bought on AF, flights operated by BE.
Will AF online check-in work? And which service shall I expect on BE?
According to my last experience, OLCI indeed works.

At some stage (boarding if I'm not mistaken) you should get a voucher for a free drink (whereas you're not on the ORY-SOU route, go figure...).
Old Oct 15, 2015, 6:25 pm

Programs: AF-Platinum for Life / LH-M&M / Radisson Rewards Platinum / IHG Gold
Just flew AF5012 CDG-MAN operated by BE and was positively surprised by my experience.

1) OLCI on AF website works - but only after several attempts.
On the first try, I was allocated an aisle seat; opening the seat map resulted in a blank screen
After the third attempt (!) the seat map was displayed properly and I could change to a window seat.

2) The self-printed BP mentioned AF5012 with my Plat status and the SkyPriority sign. As I forgot it at home, the check-in counter issued a new BP.
Strangely enough, that BP displayed only BE3132 (and not ''AF5012 operated by BE3132''). My FB number was printed but without any indication of my status. I had to show my FB Plat card to use Access No.1 and the lounge.

3) At the boarding gate I indeed got a voucher for a free drink. I have to say that BE offers a much larger and tastier coffee cup than AF

4) BE E175 has the same legroom as HOP E70/E90. But the seats do not recline.

All in all a rather good experience with FlyBe.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 10:34 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Q-STO
Just flew AF5012 CDG-MAN operated by BE and was positively surprised by my experience.

1) OLCI on AF website works - but only after several attempts. (...)
Last time I flew BHX/CDG on BE metal with AF ticket, I could not OLC I despite numerous attempts.

No one could help on the phone (each airline blaming the other).

Had to wait till check-in opens at the airport and had to go to BE counter.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:52 am

Same problem...

Hi,

I had the same problem.

trying to male my online checkin, FlyBe site redirected me to AirFrance. I received a message saying thatvmy checkin should be done at airport Flybe desk to check my passport.

I arrived in the airport 45 minutes before the flight, time enough to take the flight, but too late to checkin. I missed the flight with my boss inside and payed 350€ to take the next flight.

Too disapointed.

On Flybe desk, they explained that Flybe tickets cannot be checkedin by web when the flight is operated by AirFrance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.