Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Which Skyteam partner booking will actually show on your overview?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2015, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB

I usually fly AF/KLM, but now I'm based in Asia I use other Skyteam partners. Among these were Garuda and Korean. When booking (obviously including my FB number) these showed up in my booking on the KLM/AF website.

However, now I have booked an Aeroflot ticket which doesn't show up.

After contacting both KLM and Aerfolot, they point at eachother.

KLM states that Aeroflot uses a different ticketing system, Aeroflot says that it should show up in my bookings. Who to believe? I tend KLM as the booking indeed does not show up.

Any experiences with this?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
You should look up the itinerary on the website of the airline that ticketed the itinerary.

While it does appear that Aeroflot uses Amadeus - the same system used by AF/KL - there is no obligation that all Amadeus PNRs are visible throughout the system.

There really is no "issue" here. As long as you can see your Aeroflot booking on the Aeroflot website, you know that it is OK to fly. Not all Amadeus bookings can be viewed via any partner. In many cases - and it seems that Aeroflot is one of them - the details are only visible to the airline(s) actually involved in the ticket.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your elaborate answer.

To my surprise the miles were already credited to my FB account yesterday (flew last Friday/Saturday).
Old Aug 18, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
I assume you're referring to the 'My Trip' section of the KLM website. It does seem that the range of SkyTeam partner flights which will display here has increased over time.

A few years ago, it seemed that only close partners of KL (ie: AF, DL, KQ) would show here; or sometimes itineraries on other SkyTeam airlines if at least one sector was operated by AF/KL. However, more recently I have noticed a number of other SkyTeam partner itineraries showing up in 'My Trip', even those without an AF/KL sector.

For example, I currently have both AZ (only) and ME (only) itineraries showing in 'My Trip'. I am fairly sure RO bookings will also display.

I thought I had also seen SU itineraries in 'My Trip', but I don't currently have one to check (and perhaps the ones I saw in the past either had a KL sector, or were FB Award tickets, or something).

Have you tried searching for the itinerary, by putting the SU PNR into the 'Find a Booking' option? In my experience, this is quite good at finding bookings (and will insert the FB number into the booking if, for example, a travel agent has omitted it).
Old Aug 18, 2015, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KQ321
For example, I currently have both AZ (only) [...] showing in 'My Trip'.
Presumably booked via a TA rather than directly with AZ?
Old Aug 18, 2015, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

I assume you're referring to the 'My Trip' section of the KLM website. It does seem that the range of SkyTeam partner flights which will display here has increased over time.

A few years ago, it seemed that only close partners of KL (ie: AF, DL, KQ) would show here; or sometimes itineraries on other SkyTeam airlines if at least one sector was operated by AF/KL. However, more recently I have noticed a number of other SkyTeam partner itineraries showing up in 'My Trip', even those without an AF/KL sector.

For example, I currently have both AZ (only) and ME (only) itineraries showing in 'My Trip'. I am fairly sure RO bookings will also display.

I thought I had also seen SU itineraries in 'My Trip', but I don't currently have one to check (and perhaps the ones I saw in the past either had a KL sector, or were FB Award tickets, or something).

Have you tried searching for the itinerary, by putting the SU PNR into the 'Find a Booking' option? In my experience, this is quite good at finding bookings (and will insert the FB number into the booking if, for example, a travel agent has omitted it).

Yes, am referring to that.

Also tried your suggestion, both with booking code and ticket number, but got the message 'The booking code entered does not correspond with your name'.

Return flight is tomorrow (Yerevan-Moscow-Hong Kong) so just tried again, but the same message. Not a problem though.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Originally Posted by mandatory
Yes, am referring to that.

Also tried your suggestion, both with booking code and ticket number, but got the message 'The booking code entered does not correspond with your name'.

Return flight is tomorrow (Yerevan-Moscow-Hong Kong) so just tried again, but the same message. Not a problem though.
I have the same "problem" sometimes. But in principle doesn't really matter if it shows or not. FB miles go Always quick and good.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: Flying blue
Usually the aeroflot flight show up on the KLM "My travel" page or whatever it's called now.

The one part I've never had working is the online check in or seat selection. KLM can't see into the aeroflot check in and seating, and aeroflot don't recognise the KLM provided details on their website. Usually means it's dealt with at the desk in the airport.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Well, I usually check in via the airline itself, including seat selection (am quite picky).
Old Aug 21, 2015, 7:14 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Originally Posted by NickB
Presumably booked via a TA rather than directly with AZ?
Indeed. I hadn't thought of it this way before - but perhaps the GDS used to make the booking is more important in determining what shows in 'My Trip' than the airline ticketing or operating the flights...
Old Aug 21, 2015, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Indeed. I hadn't thought of it this way before - but perhaps the GDS used to make the booking is more important in determining what shows in 'My Trip' than the airline ticketing or operating the flights...
It is: as AZ does not use Amadeus, bookings made directly with AZ and which only have AZ segments will not show on AF/KL/FB.com. OTOH, if the reservation does contain some AF/KL segments (or possibly other airlines also using Amadeus) or has been made by a TA using Amadeus, then the reservation could conceivably show (possibly only partially) in your overview.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Booked a flight with Garuda, it showed up in my bookings (KLM) after about a minute.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by mandatory
Booked a flight with Garuda, it showed up in my bookings (KLM) after about a minute.
Yes, but surprisingly those GA flights do not appear in AF MMB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.