Search

AF/FB Skyteam Fligths to KAB

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2012, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SkyTeam/FlyingBlue Plat - AMEX/AF
Question AF/FB Skyteam Fligths to KAB

Good Afternoon All !!

Slight odd question i guess, I will have to go for professional reasons (media) to Kabul in the next weeks.

I am seeking your kind help/advices to prepare my tickets, and for the possible "routes" and/or actually "best routes" which can bring me there in terms of statusMiles, especially on SKYTEAM.

I am AF / FB member and will try to stick to this if accepted by my company, and for me to avoid other airlines (turkish airlines etc).
I don't know yet if this will be possible, nor what class i'll fly in, but certainly -expensive- eco, last minute...
Or ultra cheap non-skyteam flights via i don't know where...

Hence i'd like to propose/prepare another skyteam solution, even if i have to pay difference myself (provided acceptable).

I know the commun routes are :
Turkish Airlines, or any connection via Dubai, or via Delhi and certainly many others.
Is there also something via Hong Kong for instance as well or anything you would recommend ?
I could be cool for me on the way back to make a stop there.

I cannot see the full scope of connection and guess it's not that small.
I will certainly be leaving from Europe (most likely): PARIS, France
AF operates Dubai maybe it is a good idea ?
I look forward reading your advices.

The key point is to be on Skyteam on most/all the segments as i would like to keep earning miles this year, and am a bit "short"

I am using AIR FRANCE regularly, and guess if the flight cannot be operated in full with skyteam members, at least on the longest haul, i could get a AForST flight, and then take smaller airlines if no other option,

I don't care using any other airline of the Alliance, or anything which will bring me the majors "hubs" , dubai, hong kong etc so i can until then take "regular AF and widely available flights" etc.

Many thanks for your usual kind help and informations , so i can't start thinking about it in terms of tickets!!
Alex

Last edited by AlexanderCDG; Jul 17, 2012 at 2:19 pm Reason: typo
Old Jul 17, 2012, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
What an exotic destination I'm sure there is no need to tell you to be very careful there, but I hope we'll have a trip report from you
To come back to your question, I don't think you can go to KAB all Skyteam. I believe the closest you can go with Skyteam is Islamabad with SV, who recently joined Skyteam. And you can likely make a connection there on PIA to KAB (avoid of course all Afghan airlines for safety reasons, it's not that PIA is extremely well rated in term of safety but everything is relative isn't it ?)
Old Jul 17, 2012, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
There are no AF/FB options into KBL.
You can take 4Q (Safi Airways) from DXB and BAH; FG (Ariana Afghan Airlines) from DXB, DEL and IST; FZ (Fly Dubai) from DXB; G9 (Air Arabia) from SHJ; RQ (Kam Air) from DXB and DEL; TK from IST. I left off PK (Pakistan International Airlines) from ISB.

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Jul 17, 2012 at 4:09 pm Reason: added PK
Old Jul 18, 2012, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: SkyTeam/FlyingBlue Plat - AMEX/AF
Hello!
Thanks as usual for the fast feedbacks

No problem, for the trip report if of any interest happy to share in the coming weeks will do
Yes thanks a lot, I will be very careful and will be with media team etc. (not that it is that much better but i will not be "alone in the wild" !)

Ok thanks , then definitively ok for "no FULL skyteam route", then just for the "main flight" (still don't know which i shall take, and then will do the connection with "without skyteam", no problemo.
A least i will get "acceptable" miles on the most important segment.

- Dubai looks option good then as opearated by Skyteam/AF regularly.
- Any other cool/worth it alternative ?

Nothing i could "easilly" do via Hong Kong (or other nice destination to explore) on the way back , as i will be tempted to make a nice stopover/transit somewhere for 24h just to "change mind" ?

Many thanks and speak later,
Alex

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.