Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

New award structure for intra-European/intra-Caribbean flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New award structure for intra-European/intra-Caribbean flights

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2012, 4:02 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Xandrios

Now we have to get to ATH tomorrow. Direct KL flight from AMS unavailable (= fully booked!) at klm.com, simply no tickets being sold any more. However one award still available. In business. 45K miles and 30 euro taxes. While still around the 1 cent mark per mile (guestimating the one-way flight to normally cost about 500 euro), in no way as good value as the VCE-AMS redemption.
Didn't you try to call the FB center and ask for the old award which I guess would be 25k and 60 euros?
Old Jul 28, 2012, 9:30 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ajs123
Didn't you try to call the FB center and ask for the old award which I guess would be 25k and 60 euros?
I wish I knew this was an option. If I remember correctly this ticket was issued before they announced the changes formally. So having it issued under the old rules was an option I did not know about

Perhaps I should give them a ring and request it to be changed? Using the fact that the new scheme was introduced later as an argument. I give myself little chances though, as the segment has been flown long ago now..

Last edited by Xandrios; Jul 28, 2012 at 9:51 am
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
To be honest, considering how low the taxes have now become (about €15 for a one way flight) I'd personally say it would be a very poor use of 7500 miles! I think that if FB had kept things similar and you could now use your 7500 miles to pay €15 while before they would have paid you €80 or so, I think many people would have criticised FB

it depends, for some of the destinations in the balkans it's still more than 50, so compared to 7500 miles it was really interesting...

and i really dont understand why people would have criticised as it's an option and not mandatory at all.

the worse thing for me being that none information is given about it, and looks like it's a rule for them now, as they dont inform when they remove options

anybody remembering the around the world ticket for 140K miles?
Old Aug 4, 2012, 2:28 am

Programs: BA GOLD - AF Platinium
Sorry for the question, but I think I miss something. But for sure not clear on af flying blue website.

I m not so familiar with award intra Europe but I m lost since the last changes.
As my understanding, I think that the classic award was not changed.
I try to find a flight Vienna to Paris end of august and Classic awards (one way) appear at 12,5k (via ams only) or 15,625K (hardly to find) and mostly 25k
Flex is at 37,5k
seems an incredible increase on miles (it is "still" 25k to go to US)?
On the af miles calculator, no change, the classic award is still at 25k (return).

Any logic to calculate the classic award? Where can I find the info?
Old Aug 4, 2012, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by jean_tongues
Sorry for the question, but I think I miss something. But for sure not clear on af flying blue website.

I m not so familiar with award intra Europe but I m lost since the last changes.
As my understanding, I think that the classic award was not changed.
I try to find a flight Vienna to Paris end of august and Classic awards (one way) appear at 12,5k (via ams only) or 15,625K (hardly to find) and mostly 25k
Flex is at 37,5k
seems an incredible increase on miles (it is "still" 25k to go to US)?
On the af miles calculator, no change, the classic award is still at 25k (return).

Any logic to calculate the classic award? Where can I find the info?
The change is that they have introduced more award levels (supposedly with more availability) in classic, so classic is no longer just one level but three different levels with only the lowest level being the same as before.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 6:08 am

Programs: BA GOLD - AF Platinium
Originally Posted by orbitmic
The change is that they have introduced more award levels (supposedly with more availability) in classic, so classic is no longer just one level but three different levels with only the lowest level being the same as before.
And no communication on this! With a potential increase of 100% on
Miles needed!
Quite sure that same changes will be soon implemented on long haul!

Flying blue is really bad.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 10:52 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
It seems LH L&L is increasing the amount needed for taxes on intra-European one-way awards to 18,000 miles. Interesting to see that they have apparently chosen a different path from AF & BA on this specific issue.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ve-2013-a.html
Old Oct 4, 2012, 2:54 am

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Source: Air France French travel agent portal

The domestic and intra-European award structure is now extended to AF-operated, intra-Caribbean flights (Guadeloupe, Martinique, Haïti & French Guyana), effective October 1st.

Last edited by JOUY31; Oct 4, 2012 at 3:00 am
Old Dec 15, 2012, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by JOUY31
Originally Posted by Flying Blue website
Please note: Because we introduced these changes without prior notice, it is still possible to book award tickets against old rules until the end of 2012. If you wish to make use of this, please contact the Flying Blue Service Centre
Well, well, well...
(Unless it is a typo) Close to 7 months of grace period is more than generous and does mitigate to a large extent the communication mishap IMHO. Thanks ^ !
Well the note has disappeared from the website or at least I cannot find the original post anymore.
http://www.flyingbluenews.com/news/1...d-tickets.html
I actually made use of the grace period and would consider making use of it again. However, in July the FB agent had to check the grace period on the FB news website first...
Old Dec 16, 2012, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by ajs123

Well the note has disappeared from the website or at least I cannot find the original post anymore.
http://www.flyingbluenews.com/news/1...d-tickets.html
I actually made use of the grace period and would consider making use of it again. However, in July the FB agent had to check the grace period on the FB news website first...
Well, we are getting close to the end of 2012 ...
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:48 am

(Unless it is a typo) Close to 7 months of grace period is more than generous and does mitigate to a large extent the communication mishap IMHO. Thanks ^ !
Well, we are getting close to the end of 2012 ...
I know, but if it originally said until 2012, then I would expect Dec 31 But I meant to post only one thumb down, but apparently I must have pressed the icon twice. I am not that mad.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 2:38 am

Part of the headline is intra-Caribbean flights which flights is that
referring to?
Do AF/KL have any 5th freedom flights like BA? *

ANU (Antigua) – GND (Grenada) (70 minutes)
ANU (Antigua) – SKB (St Kitts) (30 minutes)
ANU (Antigua) – TAB (Trinidad & Tobago) (85 minutes)
GCM (Grand Cayman) – NAS (Nassau) (90 minutes)
NAS (Nassau) – PLS (Turks & Caicos) (85 minutes)
POS (Port of Spain) – UVF (St Lucia) (60 minutes)
Old Aug 5, 2013, 3:09 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Part of the headline is intra-Caribbean flights which flights is that
referring to?
Do AF/KL have any 5th freedom flights like BA? *

ANU (Antigua) – GND (Grenada) (70 minutes)
ANU (Antigua) – SKB (St Kitts) (30 minutes)
ANU (Antigua) – TAB (Trinidad & Tobago) (85 minutes)
GCM (Grand Cayman) – NAS (Nassau) (90 minutes)
NAS (Nassau) – PLS (Turks & Caicos) (85 minutes)
POS (Port of Spain) – UVF (St Lucia) (60 minutes)
Air France has flights
Cayenne-Fort de France
Fort de France-Pointe à Pitre
Fort de France-Punta Cana
Fort de France-Santo Domingo
Pointe à Pitre-Punta Cana
Pointe à Pitre-Santo Domingo
Pointe à Pitre-Port au Prince
Port au Prince-Miami

With the exception of Port au Prince-Miami 5th freedom rights are not required. These are either domestic French flights or flights between France and another country.

KLM has flights

St. Maarten-Curacao
Bonaire-Curacao
Bonaire-Aruba

The Dutch West Indies do not have the same legal status as the French DOM, but I do believe that for purposes of airline traffic rights they are treated as part of the Netherlands - not sure though.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
KLM has flights

St. Maarten-Curacao
Bonaire-Curacao
Bonaire-Aruba
Looks like those flights are not bookable neither for miles nor cash.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
KLM doesn't operate any flights within and between the Netherlands Antilles anymore. It now codeshares on Insel Air services, but probably only when the itinerary involves a long-haul KLM ticket, and I doubt they can booked separately by miles or cash.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.