Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Infant ticket for economy premium award priced at economy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

I can't confirm this would be valid for all classes of service, but it worked for an economy premium award.
Normally airlines will charge 10% of the adult fare for an infant ticket when flying internationally.
With flying blue, I was charged 10% of the lowest fare for the flight, even though my award ticket is in a higher fare class.
It saved me $100.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Interesting. But remember that economy premium is considered as economy by AF. It is not a distinct class of service, just economy with some premium benefits (mostly better seat): it books into a higher fare bucket but is economy. So the pricing of infant fare seems consistent with AF philosophy.
But different airlines have different policy on infant fare pricing, especially which fare bucket is to be used.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 5:51 am

Programs: FB Gold, M&S Gold, QF Gold
Originally Posted by flyerfrog
I can't confirm this would be valid for all classes of service, but it worked for an economy premium award.
Normally airlines will charge 10% of the adult fare for an infant ticket when flying internationally.
With flying blue, I was charged 10% of the lowest fare for the flight, even though my award ticket is in a higher fare class.
It saved me $100.
I'm planning to book a trip with my wife and my 6 month old, may I ask if you 1st got the award ticket online and then added the infant or you did the whole reservation by phone?

Thanks!
Old Apr 26, 2012, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rmorales
I'm planning to book a trip with my wife and my 6 month old, may I ask if you 1st got the award ticket online and then added the infant or you did the whole reservation by phone?

Thanks!
I did the whole reservation over the phone, and in fact did it through the Dutch call center because it was a Saturday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.