Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Avis Accumulator is back

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2012, 2:19 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
On a different note, has anyone ever received a complimentary upgrade based on their FB status?
I mean a real upgrade, Avis might call a Fiesta an upgrade if you've bookeda Polo.
I used to get 1 out of 3, and during the promo of last year no upgardes at all. With Hertz it's 3 out of 4 for me, and recently I am getting quite often an upgrade of the class booked +2. But that's based on 5* and not on FB status, I think.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
On a different note, has anyone ever received a complimentary upgrade based on their FB status?
I mean a real upgrade, Avis might call a Fiesta an upgrade if you've bookeda Polo.
I get the upgrade based on my Avis First level.

My last 3 rentals have been made. Its all 3+ days.
4th rental just posted. No promo bonus. Guess I'm not surprised.

Will wait for the remainder to post before I fire another complaint letter away.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update: My last 3 rentals posted.

BUT, with it as showing as if its only the 3rd and 4th rental and only awarding me 2000 and 5000 points respectively... even though they posted those miles earlier on !

Who is responsible for such a kafafal ??

Of course FB says its not their responsibility for posting such errors ! Now to write to AVIS and hope for the best!
Old Oct 3, 2012, 3:50 am

Programs: FB PFL
just got 14000 bonus for a paris rental late september. waiting to see if a 3 day south african rental of sept 28/29/30 will post...
Old Oct 3, 2012, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Avis representative / manager said that it was because I have another corporate AWD number on my Avis Preferred membership that was not applicable. But each time I booked on the UK website, it automatically appended the FB AWD number down and I thought that was ok. At each rental, I checked to see what AWD number was down (it was the FB one) so I can't see that its 'my' fault for this error.

It used to be that you had to call into Avis to change the AWD number and FFP on your Preferred profile, but thank goodness they updated their website and now you can change it online.

So even after the change, and after booking the respective qualifying rentals, I am still having problems with getting the correct promo points credited. The Avis rep / manager said in a huff that I should be dealing with FB on issues like this. FB on the other hand said that all promo points must be credited by Avis and they have nothing to do with it.

So now I wonder if I should risk it and rent for another 3 day weekend to get the Club Carlson promo or should I just go to Hertz ?
Old Oct 3, 2012, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I would strongly recommend you cut your losses and just go to Hertz. They're just about all the same, these crap car rental companies, but Hertz seems to be offering quite good service at the moment. Don't forget to check vehicles for the slightest scratch. Everybody is grabbing for money at the moment (what's new?)

I canceled my Avis Preferred membership, I got so irritated by it. You can't even change the country of residence. I also got last week an Abmahnung in German from Avis for some charge of EUR28 they just dreamed up for God knows what. I remained polite with the enquiries office when I called, with gritted teeth. The Accumulator I am not even going to chase up, I just can't be bothered with it.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In hindsight, I believe that AVIS in North America values their customers more than AVIS in Europe and in particular, the UK !

I shall raise my concerns with the AVIS First Desk in USA and see what transpires.

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Oct 4, 2012 at 3:59 am
Old Oct 8, 2012, 10:14 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Sent a letter to Avis customer service center in Paris La defense this morning, claiming for 19700 missing miles... (got 11800 instead of 31500 after 5 rentals of 3 days or more).
The mileage credit was all other the place... Got 600 at first rental, 600 at second, 2600 at third, 2500 at fourth and 5500 at fifth rental.
Will see what happens.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would you believe that the stupid AVIS manager says that it does not matter what the rental agreement says .. that even though it shows the correct AWD number on it, and that it shows that I made the rental at the time with the correct AWD number but my corporate Avis profile has another ID on it, that just because of that, my points are not awarded.

This is what she wrote to me :

Dear Mr Betsy,

I hope this email finds you well and thank you for your patience with this matter.

To explain in detail I have listed all of the rental agreement numbers you have sent to me and beside each one I have listed exactly what we have awarded and why, the date of pick up and processing and the reason why we have not awarded in some cases.

Checkout Date Process Date Standard Points Bonus Points AWD Number

1st Rental: 155882462 19/06/2012 02/07/2012 500 0 G6393000 corporate AWD so not valid rental
2nd Rental: 499787886 10/07/2012 16/07/2012 500 100 (for on-line) G6393000 corporate AWD so not valid rental
3rd Rental: 499788516 28/07/2012 09/08/2012 500 100 (for on-line) G6393000 corporate AWD so not valid
4th Rental: 967179356 12/09/2012 23/09/2012 500 0 F9828000 1st qualifying rental
5th Rental: 966854545 17/09/2012 02/10/2012 500 2000 F9828000 2nd qualifying rental
6th Rental: 967196473 20/09/2012 02/10/2012 500 5000 F9828000 3rd qualifying rental

The Flying Blue miles that appear on your statement for these (BA/VS) rentals above I can not explain as we have awarded you miles for these rentals via Virgin and British Airways. As you state you have been awarded miles when you were not expecting to be. I can only assume my colleague in Budapest awarded these as a goodwill gesture following all of your troubles with this promotion.
<---- I don't even want to go into this. They awarded miles into my FB account instead of the miles going to my BA or VS account as stated on the rental agreements for these 2 rentals of a day so they didn't qualify anyway and that is why I gave my other FFPs instead.

From the above you will see clearly that the correct miles have been awarded according to the terms and conditions of the Accumulator Promotion.
What??? Even though the KLM preferred AWD is on the rental agreement???? At time of check in AND at time of check out ??

How to escalate this???? I spoke to AVIS First in USA and they said that its the rental agreement that matters. If it shows the correct AWD number and FFP that is all that matters. It does not matter what the Preferred ID shows. They do not know why AVIS Europe is giving me problems.

I wrote back to Ms P. W. and said :
According to your promo on line, this is what it states :

http://production.rent-at-avis.com/a...Conditions#005

Reservations made on www.avis-flyingblue.com and klm.com and AF.com (with Flying Blue membership level selected) will automatically have the correct AWD embedded in the rental.

This is what I did ... for rentals 2nd and 3rd. Your website is supposed to have the correct AWD number embedded on the booking. This I checked again at the rental location at check in AND return. And that is what is showing on the AVIS' computer systems. What I have on my corporate AWD profile is irrelevant because I changed it when I made the booking AND when I picked the car up and when I returned it.

For all intensive purposes, it is what is ON the rental agreement that matters. And on all my rental agreement, it is showing

1) My name
2) The FLYINGBLUE SILVER AWD number
3) MY AF/KLM FFP number.
4) Rentals of group C or higher
5) Rentals of 3 days or more.

If you are saying otherwise, then someone is changing the information after I return the car and that is wrong and deceiving.
They said that when one has a corporate AWD number on it - it stays there permenantly even though one may have changed it on the rental agreement !!

I am fuming mad at their/her incompetence !! Avis Manager , Ms P W..!

I have complained to AVIS First in US/Canada and they said that they will look into it. They confirmed that the correct Flying BLUE Silver AWD number is on all my rental agreements and that my AF / KL number is on it too. So why is AVIS europe so incompetent?

Do you think it will be resolved?

Aghhhhhh!!

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Oct 8, 2012 at 1:41 pm
Old Oct 8, 2012, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ms P White must be working late addressing all these issues with the FB/Avis Accumulator promo... she wrote me back within an hour but it does not make sense what she is telling me...

Dear Mr Betsy,

I will award the points you wish as listed below.

The process for your information is that I email Flying Blue and they manually award the points to your account as it is their programme.

As you have changed your Avis Preferred profile you will not have any future issues with our Flying Blue Accumulator however if you do decide to change back to the corporate AWD you will not be able to take advantage of the miles even if the correct AWD show’s on your rental agreement. You must chose whether you want the corporate discount or the Flying Blue miles.

We will be running this campaign next year so I thought I would just let you know.

To clarify so we are clear you list miles totalling 48,000 miles.
I will be crediting you with 41,000 miles as you have already received 7000 miles for these rentals.
I thought I would just clarify that point.
Kind regards
Uh.. no, the promo is for 50K miles !! So FB is going to award me the missing miles? I thought they said that its an AVIS problem...?

I'm getting an ulcer over this !

UPDATE : Her latest email to me...

Dear xxx,
Further to your previous emails I have added exactly what you have asked for.
You have always referred to the bonus miles and not the standard miles that are offered each time you book Avis. This being the case I did not realise you were querying those also as you have never made any reference to this previously.
If you add up the total possible Flying Blue miles for the Accumulator programme as Silver member is 51,600 miles.
Huh??? Total bonus is 50K. Base points should be just 3000 miles. She is saying that the 50,000 bonus points include the 3000 base points !!
I will therefore request that you receive in total for these 6 rentals the full miles.
The AWD is absolutely relevant as if it is not in the booking you will not receive the miles.
I was merely advising that if you decide to remove your Flying Blue AWD number from your profile you will not receive Flying Blue miles each time you rent.
As you advise you have changed it already to the Carlson AWD therefore if you rent using this profile you will not receive Flying Blue or any other partner miles or points except Carlson.
I am not advising or encouraging you to change your AWD number each time, I was just informing you that this will need to be present if you wish to earn the Accumulator miles in 2013.
I only mention the AWD number being on the Rental agreement as you had raised this with me in a previous communication.
I don’t feel we have been arguing, this is a complicated scheme and I am sorry you have had issues with it.
Kind regards
PW
Hmm. Isn't that what I told her all along that the AWD number is on the rental agreement all along and that she is the one who said otherwise??? Me had issues with it ??? I believe it was her misinterpretation all along...!!

Soooo... when I get my points posted. I will update you guys.

Meanwhile should I rent from Avis now for this weekend's rental in London for the Club Carlson promotion or should I just go with Hertz?

Someone get me a stiff drink ! (And I don't drink)

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Oct 8, 2012 at 3:02 pm
Old Oct 10, 2012, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update

Today my account has been credited with 42000 miles under 'Avis Promo'. Avis said that they will contact FB with the miles. So yes, in fact, Avis and FB do have on control over this. Though I'm happy that the miles are posted now, I just wished that I didn't hve to go through the problems when there shouldn't have been any in the first place!
Old Oct 11, 2012, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
So you actually dealt directly with Avis (and had success by the looks of it), when I thought we had to go through Flying Blue? I went through FB last year, and they resolved everything satisfactorily. Do you have the appropriate address for dealing directly with Avis?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:40 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
I got a call this evening from a friendly and polite lady at FB Elite service center following my emails sent in June and July and my letter sent last month (I sent the same letter to Avis twice + emails at the smae time) claiming for about 19000 miles (I did 5 rentals).
She apologized for the delay in answering my emails and letter and told me that I took some time to AVIS to confirm to FB the rentals and that all the adjustments had/have to be performed manually. Therefore, she confirmed that all the miles I claimed will be added to my FB account within the next 2-3 days...
Let's see...
Old Dec 25, 2012, 1:58 pm

It took a bit more than 2 or 3 days, but I got my 19700 missing miles on my FB account today. :-)
Old Feb 27, 2013, 3:33 am
Original Poster

I got this in the mail today
T&Cs in many languages are here http://www.flyingbluenews.com/pdf/AvisLegals.pdf

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.