Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Avis Accumulator is back

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
This was the whole issue last year when FB insisted that whilst AVIS charged me for 3 days on a 2 days 20 hour rental.. its not considered 3 days and hence .. no miles ! No amount of writing did any good.
What I meant by my comment was that now, they seem to give bonuses for rentals between 2 and 3 days but charged 3 days, which was not the case before, so things imporved in that matter...
However, I got no bonus at all for my 2nd rental, which was charged 5 days... and this is what I don't understand. Should I contact Avis instead of FB ?
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Yes it does, if you are charged for 3 days it counts as 3 days, eg all my rentals this year and half of those last year where 2 days and something charged for 3.
But like I said several times before, when bonuses failed to appear I was only in contact with Avis and didn't give FB the chance to screw up things.
They don't have access to Avis´ systems anyway.

There could be other reasons as well, but the the problem with 4 of my rentals last year was that even though the AWD was in the reservation
it had dissapeared from the final bill, and it's not enough that it's printed under personal details it has to be in the field where rate is calculated also.
I contacted Avis and they said that they have already passed the info (miles) to FB so that was it. They said that they're not responsible for additional miles for whatever promo.

I contacted FB and they said that even though I was charged for 3 days, I did not rent for 3 days. They had documented this on my account and profile and because of that I did not get the 3rd rental of 7500 miles. The funny thing though is that they gave me the 4th and 5th rental bonus (as 4th and 5th) but missed out on the 6th. So it seems (no surprise there) that they are inconsistent with the mileage application. I wrote about the 6th and they didn't respond on that either - which was a 4 day rental. I just didn't have time to follow up !
It looks like mine didn't qualify and yours did for some of the less than 3 days rental.

This year... yes I'm dumb enough to be participating in it - but I'd rather the miles go to FB since most of my flights are within europe in economy that earn only 25% miles. I make sure that all my rentals are 3 days and will make sure that I return exactly 3 days + a few minutes over even.

So far I have been credited with 2 rentals of 500. Only 1 rental had 100 Avis Promo (which I booked through the useless UK site) and so far no Promo of the 2000 miles for 2nd rental is showing up yet.

I'm renting another car this weekend in Singapore for 3 days. Will see what that transpires..

FB customer service s*** anyway!

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Jul 24, 2012 at 11:22 am
Old Aug 15, 2012, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update:

After 3 rentals - I have received ZERO promo miles. The promotional miles shown below is for booking through AVIS' FB website. The one for 19th June was booked through my TA's CRS.

28-07-2012 PROMOTION AVIS 100
28-07-2012 CAR RENTAL AVIS 500
10-07-2012 PROMOTION AVIS 100
10-07-2012 CAR RENTAL AVIS 500
19-06-2012 CAR RENTAL AVIS 500
All bookings were 3+ days. 19June was in Aberdeen, Scotland. The other 2 were in Singapore.

No bonus miles yet. Who should I write to again. I have written to FB Customer Service and no one has replied.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 4:39 am

Programs: FB PFL
received my first 2000 bonus on a 3 day booked and prepaid rental, yet i returned the car after 2 days and a few hours..that was cdg a month ago
Old Aug 16, 2012, 5:34 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Seems everybody is having tons of fun again this year with the Avis accumulator
Old Aug 17, 2012, 1:48 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
In the words of The Smiths “That joke isn’t funny any more” ...
Is there anybody at FB doing the job properly ? Should we all collect money to send them a calculator ?

4th rental eligible to the accumulator offer last week in HEL. Was charged 3 days :
07-08-2012 PROMOTION AVIS 2000
07-08-2012 LOCATION AVIS 500

Previously, in May and June 1 rental in MUC and 2 in HEL, All charged 3 days minimum...
19-06-2012 PROMOTION AVIS 2100
19-06-2012 LOCATION AVIS 500
04-06-2012 PROMOTION AVIS 100
04-06-2012 LOCATION AVIS 500
28-05-2012 PROMOTION AVIS 100
28-05-2012 LOCATION AVIS 500

Some will say this is not a big deal, but this kind of c**p makes me angry, as they don't respect what is advertized and now I have to spend some time fighting to get 10000 miles back...
I will wait until the end of the promotion and send a registered letter to FB... Maybe that's the best solution ?...
Old Aug 17, 2012, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Ouf.. this does not bode well. I am about to get on the band wagon myself, as some travel is coming up. So far, I have had my first rental which posted normally: 500 miles plus 100 miles!
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by palmanfr
Is there anybody at FB doing the job properly ? Should we all collect money to send them a calculator
I've said it before. And I'm saying it again. I never have problems with other partner programs, such as Hertz for example. I think the problem is with Avis and not with FB.

And also, once again: It is in the interest of FB to get the miles posted.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:32 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
We will send FB a copy of this thread.

Jouy31 & Gajan
Old Aug 18, 2012, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by Gajan

Jouy31 & Gajan
Thanks !
Old Aug 23, 2012, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gajan

Jouy31 & Gajan
and hopefully also a copy of the thread from last year
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyin...iles-avis.html
Old Aug 24, 2012, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Since they repeat the promotion I thought that maybe they have fixed the IT problems ,
so against better judgement I decied to give it a try with 2 rentals, they posted like this
the 100 is the Gold/Plat bonus:

PROMOTION AVIS 2100
CAR RENTAL AVIS 500

PROMOTION AVIS 100
CAR RENTAL AVIS 500

These 2 rentals were at stations where I rented last year and didn't get any bonus.
To be fair I have had no problems with this promo this year.
My third rental just posted, and after 7 days only!.

17-08-2012 PROMOTION AVIS 5100
17-08-2012 CAR RENTAL AVIS 500

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Aug 24, 2012 at 3:23 am
Old Aug 24, 2012, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zembla
I've said it before. And I'm saying it again. I never have problems with other partner programs, such as Hertz for example. I think the problem is with Avis and not with FB.

And also, once again: It is in the interest of FB to get the miles posted.
There's always problem with Avis and points/miles regardless who the partner is.
Earlier this year there was a Double BA Avios campaign.
So did I get double points automatically without contacting Avis customer service? Of course not.
It's Avis you should contact, but it's a good idea to let FB know that Avis sucks.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wrote to FB and they finally have replied and said that its nothing to do with them but to report missing miles, I have to write to FB /Avis department directly with AVIS.

On the website, it doesn't allow you to indicate that the missing miles are the bonuses and not the initial mileage credit which have been posted.

So they reply that the miles have already been posted when you fill in the 'missing miles' form!

Old Sep 4, 2012, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
And my second rental posted as 500 miles plus 100 miles. So here we go. Actually, I am really wishing that I hadn't bothered this year..I had a bad feeling about it from the beginning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.