Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Avis Accumulator is back

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2013, 2:16 am

I just followed this up with Avis (to check that, from their perspective, the miles were at least accepted so that FB could credit my account).

The guy on the phone informed me that for my first rental, the AWD code was accepted (F982800), but for the second one (Z266100), the code wasn't accepted!

However, both codes above were listed as being valid for my FB Silver status in the Terms & Coditions of the offer (in AvisLegals.pdf).

He's going to discuss this with the team responsible for the deal (within Avis) and he will get back to me, apparently. I'll let you know what they say about it.

Regardless of this, I've still had no miles credited to my account.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 12:17 pm
WAS

Programs: National Parks Annual Pass
I haven't had any miles (not even base miles) post for 2 rentals in April. I will actually hold off on this promo until they post, since there is a lot of time left until December. Last years's Accumulator worked well for me, btw.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA,HH Gold,SPG Plat,Natl Elite,Hertz Pres Cir
Exactly

Originally Posted by WAS
I haven't had any miles (not even base miles) post for 2 rentals in April. I will actually hold off on this promo until they post, since there is a lot of time left until December. Last years's Accumulator worked well for me, btw.
Ditto. Exactly what I have done.

Even though I had no issues with this promo in 2011, this year both my rentals (one in April one in early May) have yet to post. I am holding off on promo until first two rentals post. I have also held off on sending any other business towards KLM/AF. Their loss.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WAS
Seems like not anyone has gotten any miles at all for their first 2 rentals...
Old Jun 27, 2013, 5:44 am
Suspended

well, i'm thinking of renting a car for my upcoming trip to Canada

and hopefully i saw this thread before using this promotion, because as i can see, there is a lot a people complaining

wondering if it is still safe to book this offer or not for July...

otherwise i'll give up on the award miles and will book thru a car rental search engine, which is sometimes 25-50% cheaper than this offer but will get me no miles
Old Jun 27, 2013, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Here we go.

13-06-2013 LOCATION AVIS 500 miles

Off to a scintillating, exciting start. No online booking bonus, no Gold member bonus.

I have one more prepaid rental booked in late July, then that's it. After the complete mess last night, I really can't be bothered with it. They insult us with this.

We should all just boycott Air France/KLM and the Flying Blue programme. There's enough of us: surely that might make them wake up?? Probably not.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 12:45 pm

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by Concerto
We should all just boycott Air France/KLM and the Flying Blue programme. There's enough of us: surely that might make them wake up?? Probably not.
As said before. FB also wants the miles to be posted because Avis has to buy them from FB before they can be posted in your account. It's actually good business for FB. It's Avis who's to blame here. And FB is not the only one, similar Avis promotions for other FF programs receive equally bad press. Proof that it's not FB's fault is in the pudding: I never have a single mileage posting problem with Hertz, or Best Western for example.

Anyway. You expose something FB must be strongly aware of: Poorly executed deals with their partners make FB look bad. If I were them I'd dump Avis as a partner altogether.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

FB should have a rep on Flyertalk and pay attention to problems like this..

Btw. Sixt does have a rep here, I have a feeling it is very unlikely
we'll see one from Avis anytime soon
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sixt/...questions.html
Old Jun 29, 2013, 3:20 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles&Smiles
No online booking bonus, no Gold member bonus.
Looks like I'm not the only one not getting all the bonus miles. I got the standard 500 miles for my 1st and 2nd bookings, plus the 2000 miles bonus for the 2nd. Any suggestion on how to claim the remaining 2 x (100 + 100) miles?
Old Jun 29, 2013, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

After the complete mess last night, I really can't be bothered with it.
Sorry. I meant to write 'After the complete mess last year, I really can't be bothered with it.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zembla
It's Avis who's to blame here. (...) Proof that it's not FB's fault is in the pudding: I never have a single mileage posting problem with Hertz, or Best Western for example.
I know what you mean, but I have never had problems with Avis rentals crediting to other programmes, But that may just be the way the cookie crumbled for me, and not necessarily indicative of how things actually are.

With Hertz and FB, I had a pig of a time late last year trying to get bonus points. Even I, addicted as I am to this points collection madness, can not be bothered any more with it, and I will never use Hertz as a FB partner again. In fact, I really believe the whole FB partner thing sucks.

But even for flights, a year or two back they somehow managed to completely change my name on my profile and it took quite a bit of wriggling and letter writing to sort all that out. What a waste of time.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
This offer is once again a serious joke such as LyingBlue is. This is simply unacceptable that nobody (Avis or FB) answers to any emails. How on earth can LH credit partner earnings in 3 business days and BA in less than a week and FB is unable to answer in less than 6 months. This is a complete disrespect of the customer. Shame on FB and BlueLink.
I have Hertz rentals pending to be credited for almost 6 months now (Hertz claims they gave the miles to FB months ago) and nothing appears on my account. My first Avis rental was done almost 3 months ago and I have absolutely nothing credited. This is simply unbelievable.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 3:45 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by palmanfr
I have Hertz rentals pending to be credited for almost 6 months now (Hertz claims they gave the miles to FB months ago) and nothing appears on my account. My first Avis rental was done almost 3 months ago and I have absolutely nothing credited. This is simply unbelievable.
Now that's also something new for me, and they tell you anything. Partners don't give miles to Flying Blue. Instead, they report the number of miles which should be credited to a member, and then they get invoiced by Flying Blue for the miles. If FB would take the money and the miles would not post in your account it would be fraud, which would show as an error in the balance of FB (Incoming money against nothing). Ask Hertz for proof of the transaction with FB.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by palmanfr
This offer is once again a serious joke such as LyingBlue is. This is simply unacceptable that nobody (Avis or FB) answers to any emails. How on earth can LH credit partner earnings in 3 business days and BA in less than a week and FB is unable to answer in less than 6 months. This is a complete disrespect of the customer. Shame on FB and BlueLink.
It might be prudent to wait until the whole promotion is over then take it up directly with Avis, as some did last year. Personally, if the second rental doesn't credit properly, then I'm going to start bombarding FB with retroclaims. Whenever I terminate a rental, I ask for several copies of the rental agreement for the inevitable future letter writing (although I believe that you can call up invoices online at Avis).

Has this promotion actually worked correctly for anybody so far, with all bonuses posting as they should?
Old Jul 17, 2013, 6:09 am

I spoke with Avis again today, after my fourth (and most recent) Avis rental was credited to my FB account, with 5000 bonus miles included within 1 week. This was the first of all my rentals this year to be credited to my account, and should have received 7500 bonus miles, rather than 5000.

Having been told by Avis on two previous occasions to sit tight and wait for a response from the team at Avis responsible for such partner offers, the very helpful girl on the phone today decided to call them directly. I was told I should be credited the bonus miles for all of my bookings and would receive an email confirmation of everything that was discussed/decided, but I haven't yet.

My particular issue was that my second rental was considered to be using an invalid AWD code (even though I used one for Silver FB members, as described directly in the AvisLegals.pdf document). Having looked at my issue today (for the first time apparently!) they decided it was valid, and that it should have been credited the first set of 2000 bonus miles.

After going through the lengthy process of listing every one of my rentals up to now (and calculating, with the girl at Avis, the bonus miles I should get based on the AWD codes used) I was told that what I was saying appeared to be correct, and that they would confirm via email shortly.

I'll let you know what happens! In any case, they did say that even though they may be in agreement with me about all of this, I still need to take it up with KLM myself afterwards, to ensure that the miles are posted correctly.

... A lot of effort, but I still think it's worth it for the 48000 bonus miles I hope to receive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.