Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF and EY partnership from 28 October 2012

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2012, 7:58 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold, AF Plat and other minors
Hi,

Sorry, but i am looking for departure Nov 11 - Return 16. Ams- CMB.

First no flight are operated on 15-16 between AUH and CMB. So good bye flexibility.

Then, if I pick Nov 11 to Nov 17, all flight are via Delhi or Bombay.

So, not an option with EY.

They will need to imporve to make it work.

Good bye KLM; allo Emirates...again.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
KL website shows a cheap (€947) return ticket departing 12 Nov returning 19, 20, 22 Nov via AUH. As you know, EY only flies to CMB 4 times a week.
Unfortunately KL website only offers the cheaper options available (a couple of them). It could be that you can fly on EY at a higher fare on your desired dates, but that the cheapest EY fare buckets are already full.
Your travel dates are very near, so no surprise that you cannot find that many routings with very low fares. If EK is cheaper, then do EK.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 2:30 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold, AF Plat and other minors
Hi Brunos,

I think you are right, the problem is EY only fly 4 times a week to CMB, compare to Emirates or QR where is multiple times a day, which makes EY really uncompetitve. So, i will give my C fare to Emirates or Qr.( Qr is really cheap, but requires an additionel stop to FRA)
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:45 pm
Suspended

Will Emirates join OneWorld ?

http://thepointsguy.com/2012/09/qant...itish-airways/

Qantas will end its partnership with BA by Q1 2013

Qantas and EK will align their respective FFP

it's very confusing

Last edited by flyertalker00143; Nov 6, 2012 at 4:34 pm
Old Nov 6, 2012, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by macaron95
Will Emirates join OneWorld ?

No, Emirates will not join Oneworld.
Originally Posted by macaron95
Qantas and EY will align their respective FFP
EY is Etihad. EY is a partner and investor in Virgin Australia, Qantas' most bitter rival.

EK is Emirates. Emirates and Qantas are integrating their FFPs.

What we are seeing is the beginning of a new era in airline co-operation. The current 3 alliances will likely be of lesser overall importance in the years to come.

Look at the events of the last few months. Qantas wants to drop its Joint Services Agreement with BA (which even pre-dates the existence of the Oneworld alliance) because it is in a battle for survival against a range of airlines, with Virgin Australia as their biggest threat. Virgin Australia, for their part, are unaligned, but are increasingly embedding themselves in a proto-alliance with Etihad, Singapore Airlines and Air New Zealand - the latter two being Star Alliance members, even if they are not particularly motivated alliance players. Virgin Australia, meanwhile, has also proposed to take over Skywest and Tiger Airlines, another step in its battle to match Qantas in both domestic and international routes, and in both the economy and premium sectors. Meanwhile, one of Star's anchor tenants, Lufthansa, is now attempting to tie itself up with fellow Star member Turkish Airlines in an attempt to better compete with the main Gulf superconnectors, which Lufthansa detests with an almighty vengeance. Air France, which up until recently was almost as vehement in their excoriation of the Gulf airlines, has now performed an about-face and has signed a code-sharing deal with Etihad, with the promise of deeper co-operation to come. This will also see Air France collaborating with a rival from another alliance - Air Berlin - which will even further raise Lufthansa's ire. And just yesterday, Air New Zealand announced that, from next March, it will cease flying around the world, and is now busy re-booking its passengers on the axed LHR-HKG route on to its former rival, Cathay Pacific, a member of rival alliance oneworld, and with whom they have just announced a new codesharing and frequent flier collaboration.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: A few
So it is now December and the apparent AF codeshares on the AUH-MLE AUH-SEZ have yet to materialize. So this "ground-breaking" partnership appears to be a bunch of hot air and smoke
Old Dec 12, 2012, 6:36 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
You're jumping to conclusions, possibly because you are disappointed or annoyed, or both. Innit? ;-)
Old Dec 13, 2012, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by cityflyer369
You're jumping to conclusions, possibly because you are disappointed or annoyed, or both. Innit? ;-)
Jumping to conclusions? The flights aren't loaded, there is no option to book them anywhere. They don't exist. The conclusion is pretty darn clear
Old Dec 13, 2012, 6:02 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
There's also no sign yet of the promised AF codeshares on AB to KRK, GDN, GRZ or DRS, nor the KL codeshares to KRK, GDN or KGD...

That said, an announcement on 8th October for code-shares starting 28th October did seem quite ambitious, so perhaps a delay is not that surprising...
Old Dec 13, 2012, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by KQ321
There's also no sign yet of the promised AF codeshares on AB to KRK, GDN, GRZ or DRS, nor the KL codeshares to KRK, GDN or KGD...

That said, an announcement on 8th October for code-shares starting 28th October did seem quite ambitious, so perhaps a delay is not that surprising...
Yeah they tried to steal the thunder from Qatar joining OneWorld and guess they hoped nobody would notice their failure to deliver on most of what they said
Old Dec 13, 2012, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Originally Posted by cityflyer369
Jumping to conclusions? The flights aren't loaded, there is no option to book them anywhere. They don't exist. The conclusion is pretty darn clear
If you can't see the difference between what you wrote and what is actually happening (namely a delay in project implementation, which possibly could have been anticipated), there is not much I can do. :-)
Old Jan 3, 2013, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the December issue of Dutch magazine Zakenreis, KL CEO Peter Hartman is at it again. Old habits apparently die hard!

"Of denk aan de Golfmaatschappijen die gefinancierd worden door de oliekraan - net als Norwegian in Noorwegen"

He once again accuses ME carriers of paying below-market rates for fuel, but then levels the same accusation at Norwegian?

What?

Johan
Old Jan 3, 2013, 2:08 pm

Does EK get fuel cheaper at DXB than AF at CDG and KL at AMS?
Old Jan 4, 2013, 5:09 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
They have been loaded back in early November (or even earlier). I have been checking ExpertFlyer for several months now to see what award bucket classes AF allocates for the AUH-MLE flight, but haven't seen anything aside from L, T, B. The codeshare is AF3814. You can also easily see it in flightstats.com by selecting MLE airport, date, and choosing arrivals option.

I am not an FB member, so I redeemed OK miles for this flight at the end.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by VladQ
They have been loaded back in early November (or even earlier). I have been checking ExpertFlyer for several months now to see what award bucket classes AF allocates for the AUH-MLE flight, but haven't seen anything aside from L, T, B. The codeshare is AF3814. You can also easily see it in flightstats.com by selecting MLE airport, date, and choosing arrivals option.

I am not an FB member, so I redeemed OK miles for this flight at the end.
Between code-sharing and releasing seats for miles redemption, there is a gulf (no pun intended). Depending on the technicalities of the code-sharing agreement, it is quite likely that they are not on fixed seat numbers in which case AF and KL can perfectly decide not to offer award seats - it has happened with quite a lot of codeshares in the past and due to the fact that again depending on the specific code-sharing agreement, they may well pay a fixed price (or fixed minimum price) per seat and that offering award seats would cost them more than what mileage redemption would pay for. For example the QF codeshares were basically never offered for mileage redemption.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.