Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Programme update: Roll over of Level Miles above level threshold for Elite members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Programme update: Roll over of Level Miles above level threshold for Elite members

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:40 pm

Dear Delanotre,

Do you have any information supporting the idea you suggest ?
Old Apr 27, 2012, 2:58 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by delanotre
And what about that special lowered level for Platinum:
"Platinum members benefit even more, since we have also lowered the threshold for carrying forward their level Miles. So they carry forward a greater number of extra Miles, which will automatically appear from mid-2012 in their account."
Yeah this actually worries me. Over the phone, they did tell me that there won't be any "thresholds" anymore, that I will get 45k level miles credited to my account in June (I finished 2011 with >115k) and that in the future, anything above 70k in any given year begins to build your status for the following year.
Additionally, the brochure which came with with the 2012 cards said something to that idea as well.

But here, as quoted by delanotre, they seem to say that there will be a threshold, a certain number of miles above 70k which will be deleted at year-end and not count towards your next year's status. Worse of all, they don't even say what that threshold will be!
Old Apr 27, 2012, 4:28 am

Programs: HH Nobody, AF FB Platinum, SIXT Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Vitali
Yeah this actually worries me. Over the phone, they did tell me that there won't be any "thresholds" anymore, that I will get 45k level miles credited to my account in June (I finished 2011 with >115k) and that in the future, anything above 70k in any given year begins to build your status for the following year.
Additionally, the brochure which came with with the 2012 cards said something to that idea as well.

But here, as quoted by delanotre, they seem to say that there will be a threshold, a certain number of miles above 70k which will be deleted at year-end and not count towards your next year's status. Worse of all, they don't even say what that threshold will be!
Do you know if they plan to differenciate french residents from non-french residents (70k versus 90k) in regards to the threshold?
Old Apr 27, 2012, 8:51 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by dauphine
Do you know if they plan to differenciate french residents from non-french residents (70k versus 90k) in regards to the threshold?
Yes, when I received my new card, one month ago, it was written "beyond the status treshold" (je traduis...) So it looks like depending on your residence
http://images.voyageforum.com/posts/...331374766.jpeg
Old Apr 28, 2012, 3:41 am

Programs: KLM-Flying Blue Gold
This is great news if true. I haven't seen any roll over miles on my account from 2011 yet so I'm hoping the quote:

The additional Level Miles earned in 2011 will automatically appear on the Miles account as from mid-2012, and new upgrades will happen after that date.

means 'mid year' is June, July time.

Hughdal
Old May 24, 2012, 4:59 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Its official.

As part of our continuing efforts to make your Flying Blue Elite membership even better (Silver and Gold levels), we’re pleased to announce a very exciting new development. From now on, every Level Mile earned above your level threshold will be saved after your Annual Level Check for next year. So through your extra Level Miles, you can now start the year with a positive account, as your Level Miles balance will no longer go back to zero at the start of the year. This major breakthrough makes it easier for you to:
retain your current membership
achieve enough Level Miles for an upgrade
The additional Level Miles you earned in 2011 will automatically appear in your account from mid-2012. Consequently, you might have enough
Level Miles for an upgrade even sooner than expected!

Platinum members benefit even more, since we have also lowered the threshold for carrying forward their level Miles. So they carry forward a greater number of extra Miles, which will automatically appear from mid-2012 in their account.
http://www.flyingbluenews.com/news/1...en-daarna.html

And also confirmed: Miles from 2011 will be carried over for this year. And, unfortunately, carry-over of segments is not the case.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 4:20 am

Programs: KLM-Flying Blue Gold
Quick Question - 2011 rollover miles

Anyone getting their extra rollover miles from 2011 yet. Was suppossed to happen in June. Been checking everyday but the same sad old mileage balance is still there.

hughdal
Old Jun 9, 2012, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Be patient!

They didn't say they would be added to your account in June - they say The additional Level Miles you earned in 2011 will automatically appear in your account from mid-2012.

This means June is perhaps the earliest you could hope to see them applied - but it could happen any time up until the end of December.

PS: this really could have gone in the existing thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyin...e-members.html

Last edited by irishguy28; Jun 9, 2012 at 5:59 am
Old Jun 9, 2012, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishguy28
The additional Level Miles you earned in 2011 will automatically appear in your account from mid-2012[/url].
Why on earth does this automatically take so long?

In this modern day and age it should surely be almost instantaneous?

Johan
Old Jun 10, 2012, 1:47 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Hello,

I have question about roll-over of the segments above 105 (for platinum members). The information about segments roll-over has disappeared from the AF Flying Blue webpage, but it still shows on my account, as carried over segments for the 2013.

Any news, if something has changed or not ?
Old Jun 10, 2012, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by maxmax3
Hello,

I have question about roll-over of the segments above 105 (for platinum members). The information about segments roll-over has disappeared from the AF Flying Blue webpage, but it still shows on my account, as carried over segments for the 2013.

Any news, if something has changed or not ?
AFAIK no change to carry over segments rules, it is only miles which are improving.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by johan rebel
Why on earth does this automatically take so long?

In this modern day and age it should surely be almost instantaneous?

Johan
Yes, but there is a difference between the actual transfer and setting up the environment to do the transfer. As that probably includes:

- Defining all the exact rules for the transfers, and the politics around that
- Building the functionality in software for this to be possible
- Extending some kind of interface that they use to initiate these things
- Roll out (install) the updates on a test/sandbox environment
- (Hopefully) test this for weeks
- Roll out on the live environment

These steps can all take quite long, depending on things like: Install windows (only at night?), size of the project teams, ways to verify test results, and so on.

Lets just say Im not surprised that it takes them a few months

Last edited by Xandrios; Jun 10, 2012 at 9:06 am Reason: added quote to make sense
Old Jun 10, 2012, 2:56 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Thanks a lot orbitmic !!!

Based on your info, I hope it is related to the issue how is the AF/KLM FB website is maintained. The actual fact: they added information about roll-over of miles, BUT ... information for segment roll-over (over 105) has disappeared for Platinum members.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
My sense is that while FB quite clearly decided on the general policy, they may have been a bit more confused about the details (e.g. I'm still not completely certain if plats get it all the way from 70000; there may also be questions as to whether ivorys get anything at all as they are apparently excluded. Of course getting them the full thing would not work but one could imagine a rollover of miles above xxxxx level miles - e.g above 10000 - for ivorys).

I also think that in terms of communication, they may have chosen on purpose to communicate on a 'set of changes' at the same time (the rollover, the new European awards, etc). Just a guess.

Last edited by orbitmic; Jun 10, 2012 at 10:55 am
Old Jun 10, 2012, 9:11 am

I'm also curious what happens when you qualify on segments. For example:

Over 2011 one flies 30 segments
Over 2011 one earns 30K status miles

So in 2012 you would get Gold status based on segments. On miles you earned silver with a 5K "overspil". Would that 5K be rolled over? Or, since you got to Gold through segments, only miles above 40K will be rolled over?

I guess we will see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.