Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bluebiz? Anyone tried it

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by bodory
I did retroclaim and was just denied miles, despite booked in full fare.
I also did the retroclaim for my wife's ticket and the miles posted...
Old May 26, 2013, 3:44 am

Programs: TK*G (Elite+)
Booked with BB credits in the higher fare bucket of the cabin.
I think they don't give points for BB redemption ticket, even it's a fare that gives f.ex. miles and would normally give BB points. At least I didn't have points posted twice, even the BB number was added in the booking.
Old May 26, 2013, 6:10 am

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
Originally Posted by sinus
I think they don't give points for BB redemption ticket, even it's a fare that gives f.ex. miles and would normally give BB points. At least I didn't have points posted twice, even the BB number was added in the booking.
You don't receive BB points for BB redemption tickets.
However, you should receive FB miles for BB redemption tickets.

Although there are problems mentioned with the latter, I don't recall any post contradicting the first line (about the BB points)
Old May 27, 2013, 1:26 am

I also did the retroclaim for my wife's ticket and the miles posted...
Originally Posted by sinus
I am not talking about BB points posting after a rewards BB ticket but about FB miles. And it is a French BB account.

I am totally lost about the rule because BB T&Cs seem to differ on airfrance.fr depending on the language you set :

When using French language : http://www.airfrance.fr/FR/fr[/B]/lo..._cgbluebiz.htm

Originally Posted by French BB T&Cs in French
5. Conditions d´utilisation des Blue Crédits
[...]
Les Billets prime BlueBiz ne permettent pas l´accumulation de Miles dans le programme Flying Blue
Which can be transated to : Tickets booked with Blue Credits do not accrue FB miles.

When using English language : http://www.airfrance.fr/FR/en/local/..._cgbluebiz.htm

Originally Posted by French BB T&Cs in English
5. Conditions for using Blue Credits
[...]
nothing
Old May 27, 2013, 1:35 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
[QUOTE=bodory;20816760] Which can be transated to : Tickets booked with Blue Credits do not accrue FB miles. [\QUOTE]

Morons!

It used to say that tickets booked with Voyageur Rewards did accrue FB miles.

Then the T&C changed it said nothing (but miles would still show up).

Now it says it does not.

Another improvement.
Old May 27, 2013, 1:37 am

This is a stupid rule. Indeed, if BB award tickets can not accrue FB miles, what prevents me to credit them to my Skymiles account or to any ST FFP?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 1:03 am

Has anyone experienced successful credit of blue credits on a French BB account for tickets booked on the French KL website and ticketed on the KL stock (074) ?

AF website is very ambiguous about that because it mentions KLM but at the same time it mentions only AF stock (057).
Old Jul 26, 2013, 2:34 am

Programs: FB Gold
I buy from AF and KL websites flying a mix of AF and KL metal and always get my credits.
Sometimes the Bbiz number will not stick in the booking and you have to add it later at manage my booking.
Credits can take up to 2 months to appear, but they always appear. Don't know why its so slow, but it works.

Very slowly the credits build up and when you come to spend them the website for selecting your flight is efficient.

My only complaint is that you cannot use points plus $$$. It is annoying when you are 2 points short of your preferred flight.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by MANman
I buy from AF and KL websites flying a mix of AF and KL metal and always get my credits.
Thanks. I presume you have a UK BB account?

Sometimes the Bbiz number will not stick in the booking and you have to add it later at manage my booking.
From my experience, when booked through a third party (TA), I cannot add the BB number on the AF website but it works on the KL one.

Credits can take up to 2 months to appear, but they always appear. Don't know why its so slow, but it works.
BB told me it is long because they need to check with the accouting department that the tickets have effectively been paid.

Very slowly the credits build up and when you come to spend them the website for selecting your flight is efficient.
And that includes taxes !!!
Old Sep 22, 2013, 2:28 am

Can anyone confirm, redemption ticket from BB in the eligible booking class, does it accrue miles in FB or any other ST FFP, f.ex. Delta SkyMiles?
Old Sep 22, 2013, 2:44 am

Bluebiz? Anyon tried it

Useless to try to credit to FB since there is definitely no accrual for BB redemption tickets (French BB account here).

Not tried yet for other ST FFP but will do it by the end of the year with my SM account since I have a bunch of Blue Credits to expire.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 2:50 am

(French BB account here).
In the T&C from Polish account, it doesn't say anything about it... seems I need to test it.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Useless to try to credit to FB since there is definitely no accrual for BB redemption tickets (French BB account here).

Not tried yet for other ST FFP but will do it by the end of the year with my SM account since I have a bunch of Blue Credits to expire.
Same with UK account - you do get all the FB benefits (in terms of Sky priority etc) when entering your FB number but 0 miles and segment. If you credit to another FFP, the logic is that AF would not give miles give miles either (AF gets charged when you get your SM miles for flying AF) but you can always hope for confusion.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I could use a bit of help with Blue Biz. I've never used it, but recently a friend bought a ticket for me with Blue Biz. However the fare rules are non-refundable. For the same price on the AF site the ticket is refundable with a small penalty. We tried getting the rep to fix it, but they refused. How can I escalate this?
Old Oct 6, 2013, 10:01 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by stimpy
I could use a bit of help with Blue Biz. I've never used it, but recently a friend bought a ticket for me with Blue Biz. However the fare rules are non-refundable. For the same price on the AF site the ticket is refundable with a small penalty. We tried getting the rep to fix it, but they refused. How can I escalate this?
1) An AF ticket refundable with a small penalty?

Long haul maybe? Because European tickets are either fully refundable or non-refundable...

2) "For the same price on the AF site the ticket is refundable" here too. How can you compare a fare in €/$/£ and a fare in Bluecredits?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.