Bluebiz? Anyone tried it

Old Jan 26, 18, 7:32 am

Because i have to fill in the BB no. everytime i make a booking, has discouraged me to use it.

Last edited by Mcflyneo; Mar 15, 18 at 4:21 pm
Old Jan 26, 18, 8:41 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Le Club Accor Hotels Plat, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by Mcflyneo View Post
The fact that i have to fill in the BB no. everytime i make a booking, has discouraged me to use it.
You should not have to.

For this, log on and click top right on your name and status.

The drop down menu will offer "manage trips and contracts".

Click and enter your BB number in the appropriate box.

Then, you will be all set.

When making a booking, click on "you are travelling for professional reasons" on the first page and the BB number will appear automatically in the booking.
Old Jan 26, 18, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by carnarvon View Post
You should not have to. ...
Thanks! Honestly, award tickets are out of reach anyway.

Last edited by Mcflyneo; Mar 15, 18 at 4:22 pm
Old Jan 26, 18, 9:31 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Le Club Accor Hotels Plat, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by Mcflyneo View Post
Thanks! Honestly, award tickets and such rewards are out of reach anyway. I'm happy with my once-quarterly 'upgrade' to comfort, Europe flight.
Old Jan 26, 18, 10:08 pm

If all you do is fly short-haul and there's not many of you doing it, points accrual is slow and expiration is fast, is presumably the reasoning.
Old Jan 27, 18, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by CyBeR View Post
If all you do is fly short-haul and there's not many of you doing it, points accrual is slow and expiration is fast, is presumably the reasoning.
I , because McFlyneo had said that filling in the BB N every time he makes a booking, had discouraged him to use BB.

Now that he knows how to avoid this step, he says he is after all not interested in BB
Old Jul 21, 18, 6:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G ELPL, KL P ELPL, was AB G, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D, SPG P
My employer joined BB early this year. Upon joining, they offered to credit all eligible flights back to 1 January, which I found very generous (since the application to join was only submitted early February). We also had the BB affiliation registered with our corporate travel agent.

However, I just learnt that - apart from the retroclaim for the January flights - no other flights had been credited in the first half of the year. Some travel arrangers submitted retroclaims, but no answer so far. The person who helped enrolling and processing the first retroclaim seems to have left AFKL ... Does anyone have the same (or different) experiences? Is BB broken?
Old Jul 21, 18, 7:29 am

Programs: SPG/Marriott PPE, KL/AF FB Plat
I have the impression there's a person and no automated system crediting BB flights

Still waiting for credits from flights in April, with the BB # in the initial booking. Be patient..
Old Jul 21, 18, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by swiss_global View Post
(...) However, I just learnt that - apart from the retroclaim for the January flights - no other flights had been credited in the first half of the year. Some travel arrangers submitted retroclaims, but no answer so far. The person who helped enrolling and processing the first retroclaim seems to have left AFKL ... Does anyone have the same (or different) experiences? Is BB broken?
1) Not all booking classes generate BB points.

2) I may be wrong, but am under the impression (haven't checked, no time now) that BB is for when tickets are bought direct from AF/KL, not via travel agent.

You can fill in a retro-claim and see what happens.
Old Jul 21, 18, 8:05 am

Programs: TK*G, oneworld Sapphire, Skyteam Elite Plus
2) I may be wrong, but am under the impression (haven't checked, no time now) that BB is for when tickets are bought direct from AF/KL, not via travel agent.
You are wrong, all my tickets are from different travel agents and I always get the points (when BB number is inserted before a date of flight).
Old Jul 21, 18, 8:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G ELPL, KL P ELPL, was AB G, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D, SPG P

You can fill in a retro-claim and see what happens.
Re 1) Yes, I'm aware of that. However, it's mostly Flex Eco within EU (I know this no longer means Y) or Business on intercontinental routes.
Re 2) Well, at least the retrospective credit for the January flights was all in respect of bookings made through the corporate travel agent. It's a corporate policy we have to book through the corporate travel agent (not a an unusual corporate policy, I think)
Old Jul 21, 18, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by swiss_global View Post
Re 1) Yes, I'm aware of that. However, it's mostly Flex Eco within EU (I know this no longer means Y) or Business on intercontinental routes.
Re 2) Well, at least the retrospective credit for the January flights was all in respect of bookings made through the corporate travel agent. It's a corporate policy we have to book through the corporate travel agent (not a an unusual corporate policy, I think)
You are then left with retroclaim and see what happens.
Old Jul 21, 18, 8:57 am

Programs: SPG/Marriott PPE, KL/AF FB Plat
I wasn't aware that any paid fare classes are ineligible for BB credits?
Old Jul 21, 18, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by arjen05 View Post
I wasn't aware that any paid fare classes are ineligible for BB credits?
Booking class G, X, V as well as R (medium haul) generated 0 BC. There must be other such booking classes. The info must be somewhere in BB info.
Old Jul 21, 18, 10:22 am

Programs: TK*G, oneworld Sapphire, Skyteam Elite Plus
I think it depends on a market. On a Polish webpage, I can see that all classes mentioned above can earn credits.

https://www.airfrance.pl/PL/en/local...ner_bareme.htm

Search this Thread