Search

CPH Fast track situation Elite+?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2011, 5:56 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
CPH Fast track situation Elite+?

Going to CPH in a week or so and was wondering if the newish "CPH Express" is open for FB E+ pax (or any other fast track for that matter)?

CPH is painfully poor at extra services for FB E+ members (including the brutal shared priority pass lounge) and was wondering if anyone had any updates on the new service as mentioned above and/or the lounge as it was being refurbished last time I went earlier this year?
Old Jan 13, 2012, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Much to my surprise, I found out this afternoon that Fast Track security is now available at CPH for FB elites.

When I presented my BC at one of the checkpoints, I was asked to wait a minute. The agent went over to a new checkpoint on the right, returned with a laminated sheet illustrating a bunch of FF cards, and ask whether I had one of them. Having answered in the affirmative, I was directed to the new checkpoint, asked to show my card, whereupon the agent scanned a barcode on the laminated sheet and directed me to the first security line. He was proud as a peacock, told me this service was brand new, and pointed out the new sign behind me, which I had overlooked.

Although CPH security is a model of efficiency compared to many airports, this is still a welcome improvement. Having not seen the sign nor asked, I'm not quite sure about eligibility. I should imagine that J pax qualify regardless of status, but on the other hand I had a J BC, yet still had to show my FB card.

The experience was onlyh slightly marred when an agent opened the barrier and let a bevy of pleb pax join the Fast Track line. I increased my pace, and managed to get in line ahead of all but one, who then proceeded to hold things up by taking ages to look for laptops, take of her jacket, her shawl, etc. etc. etc.

CPH Security can be approached from two directions, either up the stairs from the SAS check-in desks (which is the fastest route when arriving by train). This side has always had its own dedicated SK Fast Track. If you go up the stairs from the KLAF check-in desks, you will get to the new Fast Track, which is on the very right.

Johan
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:36 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
I actually hate the security check at CPH.

Long lines and you enter directly into a tax free shopping hell hole

That said, great IF the fast track is now open to FBE+'s ^
Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:14 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
The SAS fast track at CPH is great and convenient with the lounge just outside the security check, however the FB fast track is on the side of the main security check I understood, so going also through the tax free shop. Very annoying indeed, but I find Stockholm to be even worse: you are forced to go through the tax free shop, exit it, and then return to the "old T5 gates" and SAS lounge. However, if they make money like that, why not, CPH, ARN, OSL and HEL are among the cheapest airports by regard to departure taxes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.