Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

[Offer expired] Flying Blue offer: Free A|Club Platinum status

[Offer expired] Flying Blue offer: Free A|Club Platinum status

Old Nov 29, 2011, 5:20 am

Programs: FB
Guess I am now an A|Club Platinum member! Not sure what use that has to me, as I generally do not enjoy staying at Accor hotels and avoid them wherever possible... ah well.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by lowestpaidsap
2000 A-club points will give you a 40 EUR/60USD voucher to spend at Accor hotels.
1000 FB miles represent a value of 5,80 Eur as detailed in this link:
http://www.boncadeau-flyingblue.com/

So to convert A-Club points into FB miles is a total waste of money!
I've never really gone along with such "logic".

To spend A-Club points (which you effectively got for "free" - assuming you didn't merely check into the hotel in order to gain A-Club points - there are far better hotel programs out there if you were to consider such a thing!) then I don't really agree that it's a "waste of money" to convert the A-Club points into FB miles rather than A-Club vouchers.

As I said earlier, once you've got your Platinum status, you can change your settings in your A-Club profile so that the points don't automatically transfer into FB miles. You can then decide to do what you wish with those miles. You can add your FFP number from any of the other airline programs they support, and transfer into those programs instead. Or you can decide to keep your points in your account until you have accumulated enough to make another type of redemption, such as those Accor vouchers you mentioned.

The thing is, though, that one gets relatively few points per stay at Accor, so if you wait to accumulate the minimum required to redeem a voucher, it can take some time. However, you can always transfer any balance, regardless of how small it is, directly into airline miles (and not just FB miles) at the same pro-rata rate - you don't have to wait until you have 2,000 A-Club points, for example, in order to transfer them across.

Now, it's entirely up to you what you want to do with your A-Club points, but given that they come "free", and that you can do as you please with them, I wouldn't consider any of the possible uses as a "waste of money" - when you "take charge" of your account and use them in the way that best suits your purposes and your accumulation rate.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 5:49 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
I presume this offer is a one time only offer?
Old Nov 29, 2011, 7:00 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
Originally Posted by volerbleu
I did not consider buying miles... so you're right.

Has any of you bought miles with the 50% bonus? Is it worth it?
It has already been discussed and the value is poor

2500 for 150 000 Miles => 60miles per spent

It's interesting if you get some Promo Awards but that's all.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 9:19 am

Programs: FB Plat For Life, BAEC Silver, MPC Gold,Miles & Smiles Gold, Priority Club Ambassador
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Apparently, Flying Blue offers Free A|Club (Sofitel, Pullman, etc.) Platinum status.
All you have to do is fill in you membership details in this link.

(Per various FT bloggers and Milepoint )

BE AWARE: that if you use this offer, all your points will be automatically transferred to your FB account.
When I received my AMEX-FB Platinum card in september 2010, I was invited to join AClub Platinum card.
I then applied on the AClub website.
One year later, I'm still waiting for my card
Old Nov 29, 2011, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Indianocean
When I received my AMEX-FB Platinum card in september 2010, I was invited to join AClub Platinum card.
I then applied on the AClub website.
One year later, I'm still waiting for my card
Have you made a stay at a A|Club property?
Old Nov 29, 2011, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can request a new card online. You'll get an email acknowledging your request, and if I'm not mistaken, another one a few weeks later saying that the card has been sent, but in my experience they never arrive.

However, it's not really necessary - just make sure you use your A-Club number when you make the reservation, and double-check at check-in that the number is still associated with the booking.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 2:22 pm

So I followed the link and got platinum status. It never even asked for my FB number. Does it mean that anyone with this link will get platinum? Is this a joke?
Old Nov 29, 2011, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Accor seem to regularly run status offers. If you really want to keep this status, I would advise you to put your FB number in your account, and set your account to automatically convert A-Club points to FB Miles, in case that when they finish the offer (probably in the next few days!) they do a run to see how many of the new (or newly upgraded) accounts meet this "condition" of the offer, and withdraw the status from those accounts that do not appear to meet what seems to be a prerequisite for this offer.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Accor regularly run similar status offers. If you really want to keep this status, I would advise you to put your FB number in your account, and set your account to automatically convert A-Club points to FB Miles, in case that when they finish the offer (probably in the next few days!) they do a run to see how many of the new (or newly upgraded) accounts meet this "condition" of the offer, and withdraw the status from those accounts that do not appear to meet what seems to be a prerequisite for this offer.

Done. Will I remain platinum as long as I am FB platinum or is it only for 2012?
Old Nov 29, 2011, 8:58 pm

Programs: Oneworld sapphire (IB)
Thanks for sharing.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 10:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by af fp
Done. Will I remain platinum as long as I am FB platinum or is it only for 2012?
It works with any FB status
Old Nov 30, 2011, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by af fp
Your A-Club platinum status is independent of your Flying Blue status - if you wish to prolong it, you will have to meet the requirements of the A-Club program for retaining/achieving status (I presume this means you have 12 months (from your promotion date) at the current status, but you would have to check the Terms & Conditions)
Old Nov 30, 2011, 1:45 am

Programs: FB LTPE, hhonors diamond, hertz 5*, Thalysthecard Platinium, A-club Silver, IHG Platinum
The german link worked for me as well. Even got a welcome mail: Your A|Club Platinum card will be sent to you within 2 weeks at the following address, blah, blah.

It does have a strange ending:

Your personal information
Expiry date of A|Club Points:October 21, 2011

I have a 7 day work enforced Novotel stay coming up in December and will see if this brings any benefits.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 2:44 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
That is weird. For me it says:

Your A|Club card will be sent to you right after your next stay at a participating Accor hotel.

Did you use an existing account? I created a new one, perhaps that's the difference..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.