FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   Change in Level miles to new year (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1268353-change-level-miles-new-year.html)

Freewilly Oct 12, 2011 12:17 pm

Change in Level miles to new year

I'm a dutch FB member and received an email today with this strange new rule:

Alle Level Miles boven de 150.000 of kwalificerende vluchten boven de 105 worden meegenomen naar het volgende programmajaar.

I thought it was 115.000 per year, and 150.000 for French members. Is this a new change in this 'loyal' program?

San Gottardo Oct 12, 2011 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Freewilly (Post 17262256)
I'm a dutch FB member and received an email today with this strange new rule:

Alle Level Miles boven de 150.000 of kwalificerende vluchten boven de 105 worden meegenomen naar het volgende programmajaar.

I thought it was 115.000 per year, and 150.000 for French members. Is this a new change in this 'loyal' program?

I just realised that I can read Dutch! :cool:

In any case, yes, the 150k rule was only for members with a registered
postal address in France or Monaco.

Freewilly Oct 12, 2011 12:33 pm

It's says: You can take all level miles above 150.000 to next year! But I'm dutch and not French :-)

KLflyerRalph Oct 12, 2011 1:16 pm

Well be damned. The new 'enhancements'.
Mokshu is this one of the new way's to make it more difficult to earn PLT?

San Gottardo Oct 12, 2011 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Freewilly (Post 17262365)
It's says: You can take all level miles above 150.000 to next year!

I know, I can read Dutch. Just hadn't realised it before. Sort of like German (sorry, I guess the Dutch don't like to hear that)

I figured that you being not French wa sthe issue. I only could confirm that indeed the 150k mile rule only applied to residents of France and Monaco. As to your question whether it's really true I wouldnt know more than what the letter says that you received. But I wouldn't be surprised.

Gajan Oct 12, 2011 2:19 pm

The website does not refer to these changes (yet):

Get your year off to a flying start – make your Level Miles go further by carrying them forward for renewed Platinum membership. Instead of resetting your Miles balance to zero, Platinum Extended gives you a boost by topping up your Miles balance with every Level Mile you have earned beyond the 115,000 Level Miles threshold.*

* Except for French residents, where the required total is 150,000 Level Miles or 105 one-way flight segments.
My guess is that it is probably a mistake.

cityflyer369 Oct 12, 2011 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by Gajan (Post 17262949)
My guess is that it is probably a mistake.

Who knows? Maybe now that you cannot earn level miles by credit card anymore they intend to move up the thresholds to the French levels in all countries? Mokshu's comment in the other thread would go in the same direction.

However, what would suggest that this is just a mistake is the fact that FB could not be compete with BA's EC and LH's M&M anymore if they really moved up the thresholds. (Unless the Platinum level would come with additional benefits such as upgrade certificates, 1st class lounge access, etc.)

Henry III Oct 13, 2011 7:28 am

Originally Posted by creber (Post 17262327)
I just realised that I can read Dutch! :cool:

I'm becoming rather concerned, M. Creber! First (a little while ago), you chose to travel with KLM rather than AF - and, what's more, you said nice things about their in-flight service and the Crown Lounge at Schiphol. Now, you're able to read Dutch ...

... do we see here the protoplasm of a "Nederlands-Zwitsers" community? :D

-- Henry

cityflyer369 Oct 18, 2011 10:23 am

Originally Posted by cityflyer369 (Post 17265248)
Who knows? Maybe now that you cannot earn level miles by credit card anymore they intend to move up the thresholds to the French levels in all countries? Mokshu's comment in the other thread would go in the same direction.

However, what would suggest that this is just a mistake is the fact that FB could not be compete with BA's EC and LH's M&M anymore if they really moved up the thresholds. (Unless the Platinum level would come with additional benefits such as upgrade certificates, 1st class lounge access, etc.)

I am not known on FT as someone who would contribute much to the sort of wild speculations about something that might or might not possibly happen in some vage future scenario (in contrast to some other people here who occassionally indulge in this type of contemplation).

So let me just note in this context as a simple fact that BA intends to move up status thresholds to the UK level in all countries soon. So if FB intends to move up their thresholds to the French level, too, they would not have a problem of not being competitive with BA's EC. This would just become the new standard and it would remain to be seen if LH's M&M were to react to this.
(And now let's wait and see what's really going to happen. :-)

justcallmedoc Oct 18, 2011 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by cityflyer369 (Post 17293947)
So let me just note in this context as a simple fact that BA intends to move up status thresholds to the UK level in all countries soon. So if FB intends to move up their thresholds to the French level, too, they would not have a problem of not being competitive with BA's EC. This would just become the new standard and it would remain to be seen if LH's M&M were to react to this.
(And now let's wait and see what's really going to happen. :-)

This is all the more "relevant" that I believe the higher thresholds for France were due, alongside French people being a more captive public, to the level miles obtained with the French AF/KL AMEX card. Now that these will disappear soon, there are less reasons to keep a different threshold for France and Monaco.

They could also have chosen the 115 Kmiles threshold for everybody:rolleyes:

Gajan Oct 23, 2011 1:05 pm

I have forwarded this thread to Miss. Birem. I will keep you informed of the outcome.

Gajan

JOUY31 Oct 23, 2011 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by justcallmedoc (Post 17295880)
They could also have chosen the 115 Kmiles threshold for everybody:rolleyes:

There are changes being considered. They could be more positive, from the FFP member perspective, rather than more negative.

Gajan Nov 5, 2011 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Gajan (Post 17322600)
I have forwarded this thread to Miss. Birem. I will keep you informed of the outcome.

Gajan

I have been told by FB that this was a mistake. The carry-over threshold for non-French residents remain the same at 115K miles.

Gajan