New FB Gold member. Any tips?

Old Oct 2, 2011, 1:56 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by rkvalvaa
I just became Gold after 3 months as a Silver. I think the benefits are ok and as a Gold I will use the lounges a lot ;-)

Regarding unwritten benefits, on a flight (in Y) from Rome to AMS last month I was approached by a FA by name mid-flight who asked me if everything was OK, and if I needed anything just to let him know. He had a list of FF with status and he also asked 2-3 other passengers on the flight the same question. It was a nice touch and the service on this flight was overall excellent.
I've flown over 30 flights with KLM so far this year and that was the first and last time I experienced this kind of approach.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Congrats on your new FBG status ^

Can't recall ever been approached by staff as you have other than if I wanted an Emergency exit seat before take off which I have declined. This has only been on KLM flights and never on AF...

It is funny how differently the same FF plan is treating its customers through two different airlines.

One good example is how on each KLM flight all Elite+ and Elite PAX are given an extra warm welcome when the CC are doing their usual welcome on board speech which I actually like. Never heard it on AF...
Old Oct 2, 2011, 3:32 am

Programs: HH Nobody, AF FB Platinum, SIXT Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Cupart
One good example is how on each KLM flight all Elite+ and Elite PAX are given an extra warm welcome when the CC are doing their usual welcome on board speech which I actually like. Never heard it on AF...
I experienced it with AF several times.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 6:41 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Air France Platinum for life
The key advantages I've seen are access to the fast track in Dublin, which can make a difference on an early morning flight, as the airport can be rather busy. However the checkin staff don't always give me the stamp - no idea why.

The lounge access in 2E in CDG has made my layovers there a lot more pleasant.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.