Search

Seoul: AF/KLM vs Korean air

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2011, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum for Life, M&M Senator
Seoul: AF/KLM vs Korean air

Hi all,

I will most probably need to travel to Seoul in December and was wondering whether to travel air france, KLM or korean air (in business). Which one is better? Thanks for any feedback.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 9:09 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Originally Posted by fdelite
Hi all,

I will most probably need to travel to Seoul in December and was wondering whether to travel air france, KLM or korean air (in business). Which one is better? Thanks for any feedback.
IMHOrder of priority (but I am sure others will have other priorities)
1) KE (because of the flat seat - if available for your itinerary - and because I like this bim bim bab dish or whatever it is called) [sorry for the ignorance regarding the name of the dish; I eat Korean food only twice per year or so and always forget the name of the dish]
2) KL (prefer seat & food & wine & staff & atmosphere to AF's seat & food & wine & staff & atmosphere, and you get the house :-))
3) AF

If the flat bed were not available on my flight, I would go for KL first and buy the bim bim bap myself somewhere else (but it's a nice dish for a flight).

(As a caveat I have to admit that these differences do not matter very much for me. I myself would just choose the cheaper flight or the better connection.)

Last edited by cityflyer369; Sep 13, 2011 at 9:18 am
Old Sep 13, 2011, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
With or without the fully flat seat I would go KE without a shadow of a doubt. There is simply no comparison with either AF or KL which I find more or less on par. Far better seat (including the lie flat, and let alone the fully flat), food, wines, champagne, service, video, everything.

Last edited by orbitmic; Sep 13, 2011 at 11:26 am
Old Sep 13, 2011, 11:07 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, UA 2P
KE has by far a better J experience. I see no reason to take AF, KL, just buy the house on ebay if you want one bad enough

note, I am assuming scheduling is the same for the 3
Old Sep 13, 2011, 11:39 am

Programs: FB Plat For Life, BAEC Silver, MPC Gold,Miles & Smiles Gold, Priority Club Ambassador
Originally Posted by fdelite
Hi all,

Korean Air will serve Paris with A380 from 26th of september.
The whole upper deck is configured with business class seats and a bar at the rear of the aircraft.
I agree with my fellow: bibimbap onboard is really good
Old Sep 13, 2011, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
KE wins in every dimension. You will get either the 747 or the A380, but both have fully flat/horizontal seats. The seats are traditional but they have removed rows, so that they are fully forizontal 74" pitch (AF is 62" angled) without any stacking or herringboning. So huge amount of space (but pair seats).
The only advantage of AF could be that it leaves at 1:30pm instead of 09:00pm.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by brunos
KE wins in every dimension. You will get either the 747 or the A380, but both have fully flat/horizontal seats. The seats are traditional but they have removed rows, so that they are fully forizontal 74" pitch (AF is 62" angled) without any stacking or herringboning. So huge amount of space (but pair seats).
The only advantage of AF could be that it leaves at 1:30pm instead of 09:00pm.
KE doesn't have flat bed seats on the 747s. The A380s have them and the 77Ws have them. Once the A380 gets pulled off CDG-ICN, the only Prestige Sleeper (full flat beds) KE runs from ICN to Europe are FRA, which is a 77W until 1 Dec, when it switches to the A380.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by mtkeller
KE doesn't have flat bed seats on the 747s. The A380s have them and the 77Ws have them. Once the A380 gets pulled off CDG-ICN, the only Prestige Sleeper (full flat beds) KE runs from ICN to Europe are FRA, which is a 77W until 1 Dec, when it switches to the A380.
SVO has the prestige sleeper as well. Last year, IST used to have it too but sadly they have substituted an aircraft with prestige plus now. Actually, for the OP, koreanair.com has a page where you can check which seat is available on which routes on your departure date, but do note that they have been known to change aircraft allocation on a regular basis, sometimes without much warning. Still, even the prestige plus seat is excellent for a lie flat (prestige sleeper is 'very excellent'! ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.