Search

Promo Awards Sept-Oct 2011

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2011, 2:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Excited for Sept. award specials

Feels like the current ones have been up for ages, and I didn't avail myself of any of them. I would've liked to have gone to Kazakhstan on the KLM award, but the visa process is such a drag. Oh well, here's to hoping some cool/weird places are on the September list!
Old Aug 13, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
I've nearly booked ALA trip myself [especially as I don't need visa], but turned out first week of September suits my work schedule better.
So, instead I am planning of going to few countries in Middle East.

Also, if I went all the way to Kazakhstan, I'd have to go to few of the surrounding countries too
Old Aug 13, 2011, 5:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jms_uk
I've nearly booked ALA trip myself [especially as I don't need visa], but turned out first week of September suits my work schedule better.
So, instead I am planning of going to few countries in Middle East.

Also, if I went all the way to Kazakhstan, I'd have to go to few of the surrounding countries too
I fell into that trap also. I figured if I was going to be in Almaty I might as well use *A miles and catch the Asiana ALA-ICN flight and make it into a whole multi-week Asia trip. As it turned out, I was never in one place long enough to surrender my passport to the Kazakh embassy for processing.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 5:27 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
I, too, am waiting eagerly to see what turns up in the next batch - although 'excited' might be a bit much

Hoping for Europe 1<> West Coast USA or Far East, as I try to cobble together enough miles in various programs to get to NZ.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 6:01 am
Koc

GetSetJetSet, if you are up for some weird places, Europe 1 <> Point Noire is still on the list.
I am hoping for some destinations served by A380, haven´t got the chance to fly it yet..
Old Aug 14, 2011, 8:34 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Koc
GetSetJetSet, if you are up for some weird places, Europe 1 <> Point Noire is still on the list.
I am hoping for some destinations served by A380, haven´t got the chance to fly it yet..
70k roundtrip in J though and visa is necessary and not available on arrival. I'd like a great deal like the 40k ALA in J, but to a country that doesn't require visa for entry or provides for visa on arrival. Still kicking myself for not making an effort to get a Surinam visa for the Paramarimbo deal in May or June.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 8:40 am

USA

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
70k roundtrip in J though and visa is necessary and not available on arrival. I'd like a great deal like the 40k ALA in J, but to a country that doesn't require visa for entry or provides for visa on arrival. Still kicking myself for not making an effort to get a Surinam visa for the Paramarimbo deal in May or June.

And what about the USA?
Old Aug 14, 2011, 9:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sebas21
And what about the USA?
I'm American and I will be back in USA for brief stints in Sept., Nov., and Dec. so it doesn't so much appeal to me.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: Oneworld sapphire (IB)
Hoping for US west coast myself, at least Chicago and Atlanta have been on now for so long and may be replaced.

Have Used a BA award for september to LAX but in october I'll need to go there again and why not using some FB miles for that.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 2:46 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
west coast would be nice. ^
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:26 am

Question

Originally Posted by sleeplessinNL
west coast would be nice. ^
And what about Washington? Any chances with Air France?

When will the awards published? Thnx!!
Old Aug 16, 2011, 2:44 am
Koc

I am realy hoping for SFO with AF, but I just red that Af might pull the A380 out of SFO

Sebas21: Think they will be published 30/08ish..
Old Aug 16, 2011, 6:34 am

Have been keeping a close eye as I was expecting the new offers to be released today. For the last few months, they have been releasing them on the 16th of the month when current awards expire. Could there be none this time around??
Old Aug 17, 2011, 3:22 am

Programs: BAEC Flying Blue
Did anyone actually take the trip to Almaty? If so where did you stay? The hotels prices look pretty prohibitive for a decent place
Old Aug 17, 2011, 4:23 am

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
Originally Posted by martinrennard
Did anyone actually take the trip to Almaty? If so where did you stay? The hotels prices look pretty prohibitive for a decent place
Kazakhstan is a great county. Lots of thing to see, Astana is really impressive and if one should go, I suggest going to a travel agent. Things go smoother...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.