FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   Promo Awards Sept-Oct 2011 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1248762-promo-awards-sept-oct-2011-a.html)

GetSetJetSet Aug 13, 2011 2:18 pm

Excited for Sept. award specials

Feels like the current ones have been up for ages, and I didn't avail myself of any of them. I would've liked to have gone to Kazakhstan on the KLM award, but the visa process is such a drag. Oh well, here's to hoping some cool/weird places are on the September list!

jms_uk Aug 13, 2011 3:26 pm

I've nearly booked ALA trip myself [especially as I don't need visa], but turned out first week of September suits my work schedule better.
So, instead I am planning of going to few countries in Middle East.

Also, if I went all the way to Kazakhstan, I'd have to go to few of the surrounding countries too :D

GetSetJetSet Aug 13, 2011 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by jms_uk (Post 16917974)
I've nearly booked ALA trip myself [especially as I don't need visa], but turned out first week of September suits my work schedule better.
So, instead I am planning of going to few countries in Middle East.

Also, if I went all the way to Kazakhstan, I'd have to go to few of the surrounding countries too :D

I fell into that trap also. I figured if I was going to be in Almaty I might as well use *A miles and catch the Asiana ALA-ICN flight and make it into a whole multi-week Asia trip. As it turned out, I was never in one place long enough to surrender my passport to the Kazakh embassy for processing.

mad_rich Aug 14, 2011 5:27 am

I, too, am waiting eagerly to see what turns up in the next batch - although 'excited' might be a bit much ;)

Hoping for Europe 1<> West Coast USA or Far East, as I try to cobble together enough miles in various programs to get to NZ.

Koc Aug 14, 2011 6:01 am

GetSetJetSet, if you are up for some weird places, Europe 1 <> Point Noire is still on the list.
I am hoping for some destinations served by A380, havenīt got the chance to fly it yet..

GetSetJetSet Aug 14, 2011 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Koc (Post 16920814)
GetSetJetSet, if you are up for some weird places, Europe 1 <> Point Noire is still on the list.
I am hoping for some destinations served by A380, havenīt got the chance to fly it yet..

70k roundtrip in J though and visa is necessary and not available on arrival. I'd like a great deal like the 40k ALA in J, but to a country that doesn't require visa for entry or provides for visa on arrival. Still kicking myself for not making an effort to get a Surinam visa for the Paramarimbo deal in May or June.

Sebas21 Aug 14, 2011 8:40 am

USA

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet (Post 16921378)
70k roundtrip in J though and visa is necessary and not available on arrival. I'd like a great deal like the 40k ALA in J, but to a country that doesn't require visa for entry or provides for visa on arrival. Still kicking myself for not making an effort to get a Surinam visa for the Paramarimbo deal in May or June.

And what about the USA?

GetSetJetSet Aug 14, 2011 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Sebas21 (Post 16921403)
And what about the USA?

I'm American and I will be back in USA for brief stints in Sept., Nov., and Dec. so it doesn't so much appeal to me.

michael9 Aug 14, 2011 9:45 am

Hoping for US west coast myself, at least Chicago and Atlanta have been on now for so long and may be replaced.

Have Used a BA award for september to LAX but in october I'll need to go there again and why not using some FB miles for that.

Culture Guru Aug 15, 2011 2:46 am

west coast would be nice. ^

Sebas21 Aug 15, 2011 11:26 am

Question

Originally Posted by sleeplessinNL (Post 16925850)
west coast would be nice. ^

And what about Washington? Any chances with Air France?

When will the awards published? Thnx!!

Koc Aug 16, 2011 2:44 am

I am realy hoping for SFO with AF, but I just red that Af might pull the A380 out of SFO:td:

Sebas21: Think they will be published 30/08ish..

ALEXIS2004 Aug 16, 2011 6:34 am

Have been keeping a close eye as I was expecting the new offers to be released today. For the last few months, they have been releasing them on the 16th of the month when current awards expire. Could there be none this time around??

martinrennard Aug 17, 2011 3:22 am

Did anyone actually take the trip to Almaty? If so where did you stay? The hotels prices look pretty prohibitive for a decent place

31dany Aug 17, 2011 4:23 am

Originally Posted by martinrennard (Post 16938150)
Did anyone actually take the trip to Almaty? If so where did you stay? The hotels prices look pretty prohibitive for a decent place

Kazakhstan is a great county. Lots of thing to see, Astana is really impressive and if one should go, I suggest going to a travel agent. Things go smoother...