Cancun...best route?

Old Jul 24, 11, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
Cancun...best route?

Since a few month we are hping to find a cheap ticket to CANCUN but without any luck.
We are both LH SEN and FB Gold and like to travel with one of the programm members.
We can can fly from any north german aerports, best will be HAJ or HAM.
Also AMS is possible.
I searched for Oktober till February...mostly around 800-900 euro for Eco..actually a way to much.

Is there any other option?
Going to MIA?Than buy another ticket to CAN? Or any other option?
Can I use miles and senator companion award till Cancun from Haj on? With switching planes in FRA or MUC for example?

Hotel will not a big big problem as I have enough Hyatt points to burn.
Please help--
Old Jul 25, 11, 2:43 pm

I would avoid MIA (awful immigration).

Go thru DFW (an AA hub) or better IAH (Houston - a CO hub which is now StarAlliance member). Both DFW and IAH are Lufth. destination, direct from FRA.

Then from IAH to CUN using CO or UAL (StarAlliance members).
Old Jul 25, 11, 3:05 pm

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
You could try AMS-ATL (daily flight for both KL and DL, so plenty of options) and ATL-CUN (on DL), ST all the way.
Or you could try AMS-IAH (13 flight per week if I'm not mistaken, but only daily flight operated by KL, as the other 6 are operated by PT for KL - service ends anyway by late October) and IAH-CUN (on CO), as suggested... then you'll have ST and *A.
Old Jul 25, 11, 3:13 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Eurobonus Gold (*G), Flying Club, AAdvantage++
I just checked this, Martin Air www.martinair.com is now fully owned by KLM and you can both earn and spend Flying Blue miles.

They have direct flights from AMS to CUN :-)

Pricing depends on how early you book, but it might be expensive. If you can redeem some Flying Blue points that might be the best :-)
Old Jul 27, 11, 7:34 am

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
Or you could try CDG-CUN with AF, they start the service from the 21st of October this year.
Old Jul 27, 11, 9:18 pm

Look for a business promo award at 50K into NA then a rev ticket into CUN?
Old Jul 31, 11, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Accor Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rkvalvaa View Post
I just checked this, Martin Air www.martinair.com is now fully owned by KLM and you can both earn and spend Flying Blue miles.

They have direct flights from AMS to CUN :-)

Pricing depends on how early you book, but it might be expensive. If you can redeem some Flying Blue points that might be the best :-)
Possible but note MP is a 'holiday carrier' and you won't receive many FB benefits.
Old Jul 31, 11, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
MP is also very expensive, sometimes more than 900 Euros.A few years ago prices were around 500-600 Euros, sometimes less.
I am still without a ticket
Since now not seen any promotion fares for using miles to cancun
Old Jul 31, 11, 7:25 pm

Use promo miles to another Nth American city and then fly another carrier down to CUN. 50K miles is a bit hard to pass up, esp with NK not offering cheap flights to the Caribeean from ORD etc.

Search this Thread