Status match atm to *G?

Old Jul 23, 11, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, Virgin, AA
Status match atm to *G?

Fed up with being skyjacked by LH I need other options... BHX to CAN is my usual trip...anyone know if AF/KLM will status match my *G? I can only find info on the expired March offering.
Old Jul 23, 11, 5:18 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
As far as I know there is no status match at the moment.

You could contact them to find out. Based on the fact that they had a status match promotion this year your chances of getting matched could be higher as before they never used to do status matching.

Gajan
Old Jul 23, 11, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Yes, also the fact that I want to switch from LH following LH's attempt to switch FB members to them.
LH have screwed it for me on several levels recently and I quite fancy the premium economy on AF but don't want to give up the other benefits I get.
Old Jul 24, 11, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Accor Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Baggycat View Post
Yes, also the fact that I want to switch from LH following LH's attempt to switch FB members to them.
LH have screwed it for me on several levels recently and I quite fancy the premium economy on AF but don't want to give up the other benefits I get.
I think chances are low but you can always try.
Old Jul 24, 11, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
LH decision to match FB elite (but you needed to buy a LH group ticket) followed FB decision to match anyone from another FFP (except Skyteam FFPs). So you missed the boat and I doubt that you will get another chance in the near future.
Old Jul 25, 11, 4:53 am
Original Poster

I got the answer that we all expected:

Thank you very much for your e-mail dated July 23rd 2011 in which you request a match between your Star Alliance Gold and Flying Blue Ivory statuses.

As per the Flying Blue General Terms and Conditions, two different Frequent Flyer programs cannot be merged.

Our promotional Status Match Campaign has come to an end on March 31st 2011. These offers are updated regularly, and you will undoubtedly have the opportunity to take advantage of them.

Should you require any further information, your Flying Blue team remains at your disposal either by telephone on (+ 44) 0870 24 29 242 from the United Kingdom or by fax on (+33) 1 58 68 68 00.
Old Jul 25, 11, 6:26 am

Programs: DL FO
US carriers are well know to match status more easily. So, you could ask Delta. But they can offer you a challenge and then need to fly with them.
You can try AZ MilleMiglia program if you really want to switch to ST.
Old Jul 25, 11, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Given that I can fly Premium economy for the same price that LH are currently trying to get for Y the only differences at the moment between them are lounge access and the mileage bonus... plus the fact that I would lose my intended 1k SWUs if I stick with LH, but is it worth paying 500+ more than AF for economy for a few extra miles? Of course it isn't!
I could clear out my account with UA and book a business class ticket instead and give up with the *A altogether and just concentrate on FB with cheaper flights and better service.
Only minor pain in the BIS is Delta... I happily use UA to LAX and IAD, neither of which Delta fly direct to from the UK.
Old Jul 25, 11, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Given that I can fly Premium economy for the same price that LH are currently trying to get for Y the only differences at the moment between them are lounge access and the mileage bonus... plus the fact that I would lose my intended 1k SWUs if I stick with LH, but is it worth paying 500+ more than AF for economy for a few extra miles? Of course it isn't!
I could clear out my account with UA and book a business class ticket instead and give up with the *A altogether and just concentrate on FB with cheaper flights and better service.
Only minor pain in the BIS is Delta... I happily use UA to LAX and IAD, neither of which Delta fly direct to from the UK.
Your fare discussion is a bit surprising. PE on AF is not cheap, nor is it spectacular. There have been periods where you could get Biz on LH cheaper than AF PE. Make sure that your fare comparison is not based on a special period. During the summer there is little biz travel demand but heavy leisure travel demand; hence all premium seats are offered at a discount during the summer, but Y seats are selling at a premium.
Old Jul 25, 11, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Current pricing on LH for early September is 900+ up to 2K or more.
PE on AF, same time, 1057, Y is 600 or less.
My last flight on LH at the end of June on LH cost me 1052 in Y.

Search this Thread