Problems with AMEX (France) miles posting June

Old Jul 2, 11, 2:53 am
  #1  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Posts: 14,125
Problems with AMEX (France) miles posting June

Does any of you have problems now with AF Amex (French card) to have the miles credited on your FB account ? I have the gold card and my cut-off date is around the 23rd-24th of the month. Usually the miles are credited very rapidly, always before I receive the account summary. This month, I received it more than a week ago but still no miles posted. On a side note, the presentation of the monthly expenses summary has slightly changed and do not have anymore the distinction between award miles and status miles, even if we are not yet in november
Goldorak is offline  
Old Jul 2, 11, 2:58 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: GRU / SXB
Programs: FB Plat, CX Diamond, TK Elite *G, EK Gold, EY Silv, Amex Cent, R&C 5C, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis PC
Posts: 1,072
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
Does any of you have problems now with AF Amex (French card) to have the miles credited on your FB account ? I have the gold card and my cut-off date is around the 23rd-24th of the month. Usually the miles are credited very rapidly, always before I receive the account summary. This month, I received it more than a week ago but still no miles posted. On a side note, the presentation of the monthly expenses summary has slightly changed and do not have anymore the distinction between award miles and status miles, even if we are not yet in november
Same problem for me.

The scary thing is that the statement mentions "XXXX multimiles acquis" (multimiles earned") and "0 multimiles transférés" (multimiles transfered) as if those miles were to be treated like Membership Rewards points.
fredsxb is offline  
Old Jul 2, 11, 4:13 am
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Posts: 31,434
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
Does any of you have problems now with AF Amex (French card) to have the miles credited on your FB account ? I have the gold card and my cut-off date is around the 23rd-24th of the month.
My June status miles posted correctly.
stimpy is offline  
Old Jul 2, 11, 5:39 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: BRU
Programs: * Gold, BA Gold
Posts: 278
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
My June status miles posted correctly.
Mine's not. I have a french FB Amex gold and no miles credited. I called Amex multi miles service and was told they are aware of the problem. It is due to a new system change. The miles should be credited next month together with the july miles.
FCO36 is offline  
Old Jul 2, 11, 9:08 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: FR
Programs: LH Sen, HH Gold
Posts: 182
Originally Posted by FCO36 View Post
Mine's not. I have a french FB Amex gold and no miles credited. I called Amex multi miles service and was told they are aware of the problem. It is due to a new system change. The miles should be credited next month together with the july miles.
What I do not understand is the lack of an email explaining the delay in posting. The new layout of the transcript was not announced either.

( I do get spammed almost daily with offers, new ideas, invitations etc from AMEX)
lowestpaidsap is offline  
Old Jul 2, 11, 10:47 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Posts: 14,125
Originally Posted by fredsxb View Post
Same problem for me.

The scary thing is that the statement mentions "XXXX multimiles acquis" (multimiles earned") and "0 multimiles transférés" (multimiles transfered) as if those miles were to be treated like Membership Rewards points.
You're right. I have the same. I didn't noticed it.
Originally Posted by lowestpaidsap View Post
( I do get spammed almost daily with offers, new ideas, invitations etc from AMEX)
They are also calling you more and more (for me : once or twice a week) to propose you their last insurance, or I don't kow what. It's becoming annoying.
Goldorak is offline  
Old Jul 2, 11, 11:05 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Posts: 31,434
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
They are also calling you more and more (for me : once or twice a week) to propose you their last insurance, or I don't kow what. It's becoming annoying.
I don't get any calls. Maybe there is something in your profile that says you want to receive offers?
stimpy is offline  
Old Jul 2, 11, 11:41 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: France
Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Le Club Accor Hotels Plat, Marriott, Hilton
Posts: 2,316
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
I don't get any calls. Maybe there is something in your profile that says you want to receive offers?
I used to receive regular phone calls from people ambiguously introducing themselves as Amex, then being more clear about the fact they were not by asking me questions I did not like, especially things they should have known if they had access to my Amex account.

They were almost always trying to sell me insurance products (disability, daily allowance in case of hospitalisation etc). They were sometimes very pushy and I could feel the girl (most often it was girls calling) was desperate to get her commission on the sales she was hoping top make with me.

The most pushy call was from Amex though. She wanted me to sign up for an Optima card. Despite my telling her I did not want it, she kept insisting and became almost abusive in her language. Definitely a desperate salesperson.

I complained to Amex and those called stopped.

Last edited by carnarvon; Jul 2, 11 at 11:47 am
carnarvon is offline  
Old Jul 2, 11, 12:51 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Helsinki
Programs: FB Plat - M&M FT - Amex AF/KL Plat
Posts: 20
There is something weird in my Amex statement this month.

I've been credited of 20.000 miles for "Bonus de bienvenue" (Welcome Bonus).

Sounds nice but it's not normal, I already got this bonus when I ordered the Plat card, 8 months ago ....
Jilune is offline  
Old Jul 2, 11, 12:56 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: France
Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Le Club Accor Hotels Plat, Marriott, Hilton
Posts: 2,316
Originally Posted by Jilune View Post
There is something weird in my Amex statement this month.

I've been credited of 20.000 miles for "Bonus de bienvenue" (Welcome Bonus).

Sounds nice but it's not normal, I already got this bonus when I ordered the Plat card, 8 months ago ....
It is a mistake indeed due to change of computer system.

You should see a debit as well, which annuls this erroneous credit.

If not, then it is another mistake. Just be happy

Last edited by carnarvon; Jul 3, 11 at 12:56 am
carnarvon is offline  
Old Jul 3, 11, 7:38 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Paris, FRANCE
Programs: HH Nobody, AF FB Platinum, SIXT Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Ambassador
Posts: 301
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
My June status miles posted correctly.
Mine were not posted. Anyway, I received a kind of sum-up statement for the "AMEX TURBO" providing me with my accumulated spendings for may.

Last edited by dauphine; Jul 3, 11 at 8:02 am
dauphine is offline  
Old Jul 3, 11, 2:31 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 950
Same here, nothing posted yet.
However they usually post at the very end of each month.
Mynameismud is offline  
Old Jul 3, 11, 6:07 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Programs: FB Gold, M&M Senator, MR Gold, HH Gold
Posts: 72
All posted nicely to my account. Weird
Bagehot is offline  
Old Jul 3, 11, 7:22 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Miles&More, Best Western Rewards
Posts: 230
Originally Posted by Mynameismud View Post
Same here, nothing posted yet.
According to Amex France, that's a known bug.
The missing miles will be posted in July, but may also be posted right now if requested (it might be necessary to insist a little bit).
Nico40 is offline  
Old Jul 4, 11, 4:24 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Programs: FB Plat for life
Posts: 730
Originally Posted by carnarvon View Post
I used to receive regular phone calls from people ambiguously introducing themselves as Amex, then being more clear about the fact they were not by asking me questions I did not like, especially things they should have known if they had access to my Amex account.
I have received quite often similar phone calls. I never accept a proposal on the phone and always ask them for a written description of the offer with full terms & conditions. They always tell me that they would mail it it to me and I never received one single offer!!!

They probably realize that as soon as someone start to read in detail the T&C the offer goes very quickly to the trash.
Pauillac is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread