Problems with AMEX (France) miles posting June

Old Jul 2, 11, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Problems with AMEX (France) miles posting June

Does any of you have problems now with AF Amex (French card) to have the miles credited on your FB account ? I have the gold card and my cut-off date is around the 23rd-24th of the month. Usually the miles are credited very rapidly, always before I receive the account summary. This month, I received it more than a week ago but still no miles posted. On a side note, the presentation of the monthly expenses summary has slightly changed and do not have anymore the distinction between award miles and status miles, even if we are not yet in november
Old Jul 2, 11, 2:58 am

Programs: FB Plat, CX Diamond, TK Elite *G, EK Gold, EY Silv, Amex Cent, R&C 5C, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
Does any of you have problems now with AF Amex (French card) to have the miles credited on your FB account ? I have the gold card and my cut-off date is around the 23rd-24th of the month. Usually the miles are credited very rapidly, always before I receive the account summary. This month, I received it more than a week ago but still no miles posted. On a side note, the presentation of the monthly expenses summary has slightly changed and do not have anymore the distinction between award miles and status miles, even if we are not yet in november
Same problem for me.

The scary thing is that the statement mentions "XXXX multimiles acquis" (multimiles earned") and "0 multimiles transférés" (multimiles transfered) as if those miles were to be treated like Membership Rewards points.
Old Jul 2, 11, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Does any of you have problems now with AF Amex (French card) to have the miles credited on your FB account ? I have the gold card and my cut-off date is around the 23rd-24th of the month.
My June status miles posted correctly.
Old Jul 2, 11, 5:39 am

Programs: * Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
Mine's not. I have a french FB Amex gold and no miles credited. I called Amex multi miles service and was told they are aware of the problem. It is due to a new system change. The miles should be credited next month together with the july miles.
Old Jul 2, 11, 9:08 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Gold
Originally Posted by FCO36 View Post
Mine's not. I have a french FB Amex gold and no miles credited. I called Amex multi miles service and was told they are aware of the problem. It is due to a new system change. The miles should be credited next month together with the july miles.
What I do not understand is the lack of an email explaining the delay in posting. The new layout of the transcript was not announced either.

( I do get spammed almost daily with offers, new ideas, invitations etc from AMEX)
Old Jul 2, 11, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by fredsxb View Post
Same problem for me.

The scary thing is that the statement mentions "XXXX multimiles acquis" (multimiles earned") and "0 multimiles transférés" (multimiles transfered) as if those miles were to be treated like Membership Rewards points.
You're right. I have the same. I didn't noticed it.
Originally Posted by lowestpaidsap View Post
( I do get spammed almost daily with offers, new ideas, invitations etc from AMEX)
They are also calling you more and more (for me : once or twice a week) to propose you their last insurance, or I don't kow what. It's becoming annoying.
Old Jul 2, 11, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
They are also calling you more and more (for me : once or twice a week) to propose you their last insurance, or I don't kow what. It's becoming annoying.
I don't get any calls. Maybe there is something in your profile that says you want to receive offers?
Old Jul 2, 11, 11:41 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Le Club Accor Hotels Plat, Marriott, Hilton
I don't get any calls. Maybe there is something in your profile that says you want to receive offers?
I used to receive regular phone calls from people ambiguously introducing themselves as Amex, then being more clear about the fact they were not by asking me questions I did not like, especially things they should have known if they had access to my Amex account.

They were almost always trying to sell me insurance products (disability, daily allowance in case of hospitalisation etc). They were sometimes very pushy and I could feel the girl (most often it was girls calling) was desperate to get her commission on the sales she was hoping top make with me.

The most pushy call was from Amex though. She wanted me to sign up for an Optima card. Despite my telling her I did not want it, she kept insisting and became almost abusive in her language. Definitely a desperate salesperson.

I complained to Amex and those called stopped.

Last edited by carnarvon; Jul 2, 11 at 11:47 am
Old Jul 2, 11, 12:51 pm

Programs: FB Plat - M&M FT - Amex AF/KL Plat
There is something weird in my Amex statement this month.

I've been credited of 20.000 miles for "Bonus de bienvenue" (Welcome Bonus).

Sounds nice but it's not normal, I already got this bonus when I ordered the Plat card, 8 months ago ....
Old Jul 2, 11, 12:56 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Le Club Accor Hotels Plat, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by Jilune View Post
There is something weird in my Amex statement this month.

I've been credited of 20.000 miles for "Bonus de bienvenue" (Welcome Bonus).

Sounds nice but it's not normal, I already got this bonus when I ordered the Plat card, 8 months ago ....
It is a mistake indeed due to change of computer system.

You should see a debit as well, which annuls this erroneous credit.

If not, then it is another mistake. Just be happy

Last edited by carnarvon; Jul 3, 11 at 12:56 am
Old Jul 3, 11, 7:38 am

Programs: HH Nobody, AF FB Platinum, SIXT Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Ambassador
Mine were not posted. Anyway, I received a kind of sum-up statement for the "AMEX TURBO" providing me with my accumulated spendings for may.

Last edited by dauphine; Jul 3, 11 at 8:02 am
Old Jul 3, 11, 2:31 pm

Same here, nothing posted yet.
However they usually post at the very end of each month.
Old Jul 3, 11, 6:07 pm

Programs: FB Gold, M&M Senator, MR Gold, HH Gold
All posted nicely to my account. Weird
Old Jul 3, 11, 7:22 pm

Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Miles&More, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by Mynameismud View Post
Same here, nothing posted yet.
According to Amex France, that's a known bug.
The missing miles will be posted in July, but may also be posted right now if requested (it might be necessary to insist a little bit).
Old Jul 4, 11, 4:24 am

Programs: FB Plat for life
Originally Posted by carnarvon View Post
I used to receive regular phone calls from people ambiguously introducing themselves as Amex, then being more clear about the fact they were not by asking me questions I did not like, especially things they should have known if they had access to my Amex account.
I have received quite often similar phone calls. I never accept a proposal on the phone and always ask them for a written description of the offer with full terms & conditions. They always tell me that they would mail it it to me and I never received one single offer!!!

They probably realize that as soon as someone start to read in detail the T&C the offer goes very quickly to the trash.

Search this Thread