FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   ANR lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1227332-anr-lounge.html)

fokker50 Jun 17, 2011 1:01 pm

ANR lounge

Has anybody been able to access lounge at Antwerp airport when flying out on Cityjet operated Air France flight and presenting non-FB Skyteam Elite card?

fokker50 Jun 18, 2011 9:09 am

I share briefly my own experience. As a Delta Plat I was flying ANR-LCY on a AF coded Cityjet operated flight. Check-in staff acted as if it was first time for them to hear about any other frequent flyer program than Flying Blue. When I presented my Skymiles card they were really surprised and suggested that I will probably not earn miles with Delta (wrong). Then I inquired about lounge access and got reply that only Flying Blue Gold and Platinum members are able to use that facility. When I asked why and told that in my opinion Cityjet is AF fully owned subsidiary and flight from ANR to LCY is a Air France flight (it has only AF flight number) and normal Skyteam rules should probably apply, I was told loudly told that "we are not in Skyteam", "no means no" and "you are not getting into lounge". Bit rude but frank (I admit being pushy). To the lounge I did get not.
Interesting part is that system recognized status otherwise (Skyteam Elite Plus printed on boarding pass, 2 pieces of luggage permitted etc) and Air France - I wrote to them and asked about rules and they replied really quickly - has confirmed that "As an Elite Plus member, you were entitled to use the lounge facilities". Cityjet customer service however has replied that "if you only have a European ticket lounge is not accessible, this is only possible if you have a same day onwards international connection."
In order to say something good as well, I was pleasantly surprised about Cityjet on-board product, but they should make it more clear who can use the lounge and who can not. Marketing carrier telling one thing and operating subsidiary sticking to the nonsense that Belgium-UK is a domestic flight, is... bit awkward.

mattk Jun 19, 2011 2:07 am

A couple of observations here;

1 - I was unaware ANR actually had a lounge, nice to know and I must hunt it down next time.
2 - The point about not earning miles was I believe once true. When the route was VLM (now swallowed up by CityJet entirely) it then depended on how you booked the flight. I was told that if you booked the ticket on the VLM ticket then miles would not be credited to my KL FB account but if you booked it on a code share (KL) you would. Can't recall the specifics but that was my experience from some years ago. It's certainly not true today.