Wiki Posts
Search

Beware of Air France PPT to LAX and LAX to PPT

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Beware of Air France PPT to LAX and LAX to PPT

fyi..All flights from PPT to from LAX are code share and really Air Tahiti

I just flew PPT to LAX and the cabin temps were so hot people were undressing and taking their shirts off (men). I made several requests to the lead flight attendant/purser and she did not seem that alarmed. When I pointed out that several people had taken off their shirts she did not seem that shocked. My party was traveling in biz and economy.

She asked me to write a letter to the "chairman" and showed me the last page of the inflight magazine with a form. I told her I would not write and she should make note of the incident.

Two people in my party are now sick with sore throats. Of course I can not possibly prove it was this flight but it was so hot you could not sleep.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Centurion

Sorry but I think you are mistaken here - someone else will correct me but I believe that there are 5 weekly flights from LAX to PPT under AF code, four of which are operated by AF herself on 772 and one operated by Air Tahiti Nui (i think Wednesday from LAX and whatever day this makes from PPT)
on 343.

Your experience on that specific flight sounds horrible, but for what it's worth, on previous threads, people tended to find the Air Tahiti Nui flights better than the AF one praising service and food quality especially in economy, so maybe this was just a one off bad experience?
Old Jun 16, 2011, 3:54 am

Programs: DL PM, FB Plat, LH SEN, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by Centurion
Was your bad problem on the TN code share or on the flight operated by AF. always had the usual AF experience on these flights, but never took the code share flights operated by TN.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 4:09 am
Original Poster

You are correct and I am wrong it was a 343 but the forced 8 hour Sauna I took this past Monday, June 13, from PPT to LAX was definitely Air Tahiti aircraft and I had an AF flight number/ ticket.

fyi..Air Tahiti also operates two flights that day form PPT to LAX minutes apart with different check in lines and even the front line staff were mis directing people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.