Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Amex MR to Flying Blue transfer - how long does it take?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2011, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Priority Pass

Hello,
does anybody have a recent account of how long it takes for MR points to credit at AF/KLM? The online form never seems to work, so I'll probably do it over the phone.

Also - linked question - how long do bought FB miles take to credit (I'm hoping it's more or less instant)?

Thanks.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:03 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by janders
Hello,
does anybody have a recent account of how long it takes for MR points to credit at AF/KLM? The online form never seems to work, so I'll probably do it over the phone.

Also - linked question - how long do bought FB miles take to credit (I'm hoping it's more or less instant)?

Thanks.
Hi janders,

Last time I transferred MR points to FB they told me that it would take a week, but IIRC was much faster, something like 2/3 days.

Regarding your 2nd question, I have never done it, but I guess it should be almost immediately, as you mention.

Good luck!
Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:27 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by janders
Hello,

Thanks.
In the days of Frequence Plus (i.e. just after the last ice age ), transfer was very quick (couple of days). One could even sort it out over the phone with FP and Amex if one wanted to book a reward ticket before the MR points had actually landed on FP account.

No idea about today, but since bookings can be made over the phone with FB (only costs a few extra Euros) and reservation held for later issuing of ticket, this should solve the issue of time needed for MR point transfer, shouldn't it?
Old Jun 16, 2011, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Priority Pass
Thanks for the advice. I ended up buying some miles (there's a slight promo on at least...). They were indeed credited instantly.

After what MR said, and what people have said here, I didn't want to risk waiting five working days (I have an issue with the expiry of my FB miles, so didn't have time to wait..) for FB to credit the miles. True - I could have been a bit more organised on this, but FB award availability makes it hard to make bookings at all...

Still - at least I will now get to use a big chunk of FB miles, something that has become more and more difficult these last years (I too have fond memories of Fréquence Plus in the late '90s/early 2000s...).
Old Aug 6, 2011, 4:07 am

Programs: SkyTeam/FlyingBlue Plat - AMEX/AF
Hello All,

A member of my family has a quite a lot of old AMEX miles which seem to expire ?

1 - Do Amex miles (MR) have an expiration date as well ? (I am surprised he was informed and invited, to take a look at the amex catalogue, not to "loose" them)

2 - In the event of a transfer of them to my flying blue account, I assume it will just be "bonus" miles , right ? (not Status!??) (pretty sure, but just want to dble check)
Thank you,
Old Aug 6, 2011, 5:04 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
AFAIK your MR points remain valid as long as you have your AmEx card.
The miles will not be status miles.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 7:42 am

Programs: SkyTeam/FlyingBlue Plat - AMEX/AF
Ohhh ok many thanks for the info.
Sounded strange that the miles would expire... But guess he's happy to give them to family rather than leaving them "on the account" for nothing...
Many thanks again,
Alex

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.