Wiki Posts
Search

New earning rate on China Southern

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2011, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M Senator, A|Club Platinum, Mariott Gold
New earning rate on China Southern

Looked at the partner page for China Southern the earning rate is modified. Now even deeply discounted fairs also earn some miles.

Rarely see improvements from FB on earning side.

New earning:
First Class: 150% – A, F, P
Business Class: 130% – C, D
Premium Economy: 110% - W, Z
Economy Class: 100% – Y, T
75% – K
50% – H, G, L, M, S
25% - B, E, Q, U, V

Old earning:
Economy Class: 100% – W, Y, Z
75% – T
50% – K, H
Business Class: 130% – C, D
First Class: 150% – A, F, P

Hopefully China Eastern will provide similar earning scheme on FB when they join ST later this month.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 3:59 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
This is really a good development. I am glad to see that not everything get worse with FB.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 9:27 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Thank you for pointing this out inta_d!

I will update the sticky shortly.

Gajan
Old Jun 14, 2011, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Gajan
Thank you for pointing this out inta_d!

I will update the sticky shortly.

Gajan
Most welcome indeed ^ Although privately I'm starting to feel a bit puzzled that everything we heard at the April meeting seems to have meant very little ('no change on FB-Amex this year, there is no way we'll give miles on the cheapest classes on Asian airlines). Anyway, this one is a very good surprise and I hope VN and KE (despite mentioned change for H) will also improve soon.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 1:37 am

Programs: FB
An unexpectedly positive development! Good to see a few more opportunities for earning Flying Blue miles in Asia.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Strictly speaking, it is not FB that is getting more generous but China Southern. When CZ credit miles of a pax to FB, it incurs a liability and has to "pay" FB; when a FB member gets an award on CZ, FB has to "pay" CZ. Apparently CZ has decided to try to attract more FB members by upping its earnings for cheap economy fares.
Of course, the net result is making FB slightly more attractive (unless the awards have been negatively revised).
Old Jun 16, 2011, 4:54 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by brunos
Strictly speaking, it is not FB that is getting more generous but China Southern. When CZ credit miles of a pax to FB, it incurs a liability and has to "pay" FB; when a FB member gets an award on CZ, FB has to "pay" CZ. Apparently CZ has decided to try to attract more FB members by upping its earnings for cheap economy fares.
Of course, the net result is making FB slightly more attractive (unless the awards have been negatively revised).
Concur with the above with one caveat: when CZ joined ST, I checked their earning tables with 3 or 4 programmes and they were absolutely identical. So I'd wait and see whether the same changes take place with, say, Skymiles, OK+ or Aeroflot Bonus or FB keeps the advantage.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 4:50 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Interestingly, they didn't change the eco+ ploy (within China):

Z is discounted eco+, and usually much cheaper than M, K, T. Nevertheless, you still earn more (110%).
Old Jun 17, 2011, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Interestingly, they didn't change the eco+ ploy (within China):

Z is discounted eco+, and usually much cheaper than M, K, T. Nevertheless, you still earn more (110%).
FFPs earnings for one airline are often different across FFPs of the same alliance.
*A is notable. For example TG F earns 300% in BMI DC or LH M&M (as does LH F and many other *A airlines in F, but not all), but only 150% on TG ROP. That is because TG is very stingy with its FFP, while LH is quite generous for premium cabins. If TG was only giving 150% on M&M members flying in F, that would not induce them to fly TG. In summary, no reason for alignment of CZ earnings across ST FFPs.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 9:15 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by brunos
FFPs earnings for one airline are often different across FFPs of the same alliance.
*A is notable. For example TG F earns 300% in BMI DC or LH M&M (as does LH F and many other *A airlines in F, but not all), but only 150% on TG ROP. That is because TG is very stingy with its FFP, while LH is quite generous for premium cabins. If TG was only giving 150% on M&M members flying in F, that would not induce them to fly TG. In summary, no reason for alignment of CZ earnings across ST FFPs.
In other words, I meant that when purchasing the 800 yuan Z eco plus ticket you get 110 %, whilst purchasing the 1,500 yuan Y full fare standard eco only gets you 100 %, and the 900 yuan H eco ticket only 50 %. --Example, but very common. I thought they would change this at some point.

I don't think that you can find this at many other airlines/ alliances.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M Senator, A|Club Platinum, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
In other words, I meant that when purchasing the 800 yuan Z eco plus ticket you get 110 %, whilst purchasing the 1,500 yuan Y full fare standard eco only gets you 100 %, and the 900 yuan H eco ticket only 50 %. --Example, but very common. I thought they would change this at some point.

I don't think that you can find this at many other airlines/ alliances.
See booking vs. price (RMB) code for this domestic trip (Y=560RMB). The discount ratio is general, E=50% off ticket. No more Z on this flight.

F 1040
P 870
W 550 (Eco+)
Y 560
T 500
K 480
H 450
M 430
G 400
S 400
S 370
L 340
Q 310
E 280
V 250

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.