Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn over 50,000 Award Miles with Avis

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2011, 5:58 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
I've rented hundreds of times from AVIS and I've always received miles or points, but I've yet to see a return receipt that shows the miles I'll be getting...
For me they are at the bottom of the receipt that the return attendant prints in the garage. The only time I don't see them is when I use an AWD/BCD that does not allow for the earning of miles/points. Example:

FF MLS/POINTS EARNED 3000

If I have to return at the counter (for whatever reason) the miles/points are listed in the upper left corner about one fifth of the way down the page.

How strange that your typical experiences is so very different from mine with the same company.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 8:54 am

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
Question: Can my wife pick-up a car that I booked using my avis pref and the AWD for this promo?
If so what needs to be done (add heron the reservation?)

Thanks!
Old Jul 18, 2011, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

I feel sorry for those who are now fighting to get the bonus points posted and salute your guts for willing being the guinea pigs to test this out. Given the amount of hassle involved, I think many of us would just stay out of this.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 4:17 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by Guava
I feel sorry for those who are now fighting to get the bonus points posted and salute your guts for willing being the guinea pigs to test this out. Given the amount of hassle involved, I think many of us would just stay out of this.
Good advise. I am still fighting for my miles and am getting very tired of being sent around in circles and even not being replied to.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Welll... my 3rd rental during this promotion just posted: 500 miles, no online booking bonus, no promotion bonus for the 3rd rental.

The rental took place in Greece, at an outstation where the contracts were handwritten. The woman promised to transmit the frequent flyer details later. I am actually quite surprised to have received anything for it at all.

The rental took place from 8th to 12th July. Do the promotions sometimes post later? I would reckon that it all posts at the same time. So here we go, chasing up. I'll start with a phone call to Flying Blue. Steady... I need a strong whisky on the rocks before doing that!
Old Jul 19, 2011, 8:27 am

here in the US every rental has posted, provided they did mess the awd on my first rental, so bonuses should come automatically...
Old Jul 19, 2011, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have any of you, who have been fighting to get your bonuses, actually managed to get them?

And has anyone got past their 3rd rental yet, or even completed all 6 rentals?
Old Jul 19, 2011, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Concerto
Have any of you, who have been fighting to get your bonuses, actually managed to get them?

And has anyone got past their 3rd rental yet, or even completed all 6 rentals?
I've just completed my 3rd rental and have received 2000 for the 2nd rental and 5000 bonus miles for the 3rd rental. But all my base rentals have been only 500 and not 600 as per GOLD FB. Calling the service centre in Canada is useless - I have been asked to submit proof of rental... er hello, shouldn't the 500 miles be proof of rental? I just want the extra 100 .. but honestly, I feel I won't bother till all my rentals go through.

3 more to go ...
Old Jul 20, 2011, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I spoke to a very pleasant FB agent today. She said that a letter needs to be written, and send in to the regular FB address. One small detail that might help those of you chasing this: the envelope should be marked with Régularisation non aérienne
Old Jul 20, 2011, 5:43 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
I spoke to a very pleasant FB agent today. She said that a letter needs to be written, and send in to the regular FB address. One small detail that might help those of you chasing this: the envelope should be marked with Régularisation non aérienne
This sounds helpful. Thank you very much.
I have had 3 rentals during the promotion period so far, and only the miles for the first two posted properly. The 3rd rental was 7 weeks ago and I have not been credited the bonus miles yet. (The normal miles for the 3rd rental were credited though.) The promotion rules state that crediting the miles can take up to 8 weeks, so we will see if anything happens next week. (I doubt so, actually.)
Old Jul 20, 2011, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It sounds like you are in the same situation as me. I reckon the whole thing posts at the same time, at once, if it is going to work. I was unaware that there could be an 8-week delay, though. I must have read that and just forgotten, because I usually scour the TCs of these things carefully.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:35 am
Original Poster

duplicate post

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Jul 21, 2011 at 12:40 am
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:36 am
Original Poster

It sounds like you are in the same situation as me. I reckon the whole thing posts at the same time, at once, if it is going to work. I was unaware that there could be an 8-week delay, though. I must have read that and just forgotten, because I usually scour the TCs of these things carefully.

read again, it does not say that campaign miles will/could credit up to 8 weeks after the base miles.
up to 8 weeks is just AVIS standard lingo.

AVIS Europe's head office is in the UK and they have a blog:
Our blog is here for you to give us feedback on our products and service, so we can keep improving them.
We want to know your thoughts on Avis, on car rental and on the motoring world in general. So please add comments or suggest ideas for new blog posts.

Let us know:
• How was your car rental experience with Avis?

• If you have any questions that we can help with?

We’d love to hear from you – find out more about posting comments.

http://www.wetryharder.co.uk/about
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok, good to know.

About posting on the Avis blog, it seems a good idea, but the call centre agent that I spoke to told me that mileage credit is a Flying Blue issue, not Avis.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
Originally Posted by david-alexis
Question: Can my wife pick-up a car that I booked using my avis pref and the AWD for this promo?
If so what needs to be done (add heron the reservation?)

Thanks!
Sorry to insist but anyone knows if I this is possible?
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.