Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn over 50,000 Award Miles with Avis

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2011, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cityflyer369
Could anybody tell me how I can find out if my local Avis participates in this scheme? (No one here at the Brisbane Avis has ever heard of Flying Blue, so there is no chance of directly asking them about this promotion.)
that is a good question, maybe it was stupid to assume that all locations do participate.

§8 Valid for all participating rental locations worldwide.

http://www.avis-flyingblue.com/avis_...e_gd/terms.htm

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Apr 20, 2011 at 2:06 am
Old Apr 20, 2011, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Amazing.... My 1st rental just credited, which took place on 9th April in Lausanne (contract closed on 12th April). That is the first time a non-flying activity has credited on FB for me (excepting buying miles, and e-rewards).

However, I thought one got 100 miles extra if booking on the Flying Blue website (which I did).
Old Apr 20, 2011, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by cityflyer369
Could anybody tell me how I can find out if my local Avis participates in this scheme? (No one here at the Brisbane Avis has ever heard of Flying Blue, so there is no chance of directly asking them about this promotion.)
It has to be a corporate location. Just call customer service and inquire if it is indeed a corporate location. Easy as a pie.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 6:56 am

Another update.
I called and sent an email to corporate and they said that I have used different AWD on my first reservation. Even though I had a checkout receipt showing the correct AWD they insisted that I have used the wrong one.

Long story short, they created a case and asked that I fax the supporting receipt. So its in their hands now...

So, for those doing this deal, call or write to customer service to make sure that you have used the correct AWD and it displays on your contract...

Very frustrating but let the battle continue...
Old Apr 20, 2011, 7:24 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
They should give you the 50K miles just for all the crap you are going thru-and it's just your 2nd rental, right?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by rustyr
They should give you the 50K miles just for all the crap you are going thru-and it's just your 2nd rental, right?
you got that right, but they gotta strengthen their bottom line so it will be a battle for sure...
Old Apr 20, 2011, 8:29 am

Programs: LH M&M SEN, bmi DC Gold, CO Gold Elite, bahn.comfort nothing
Originally Posted by libuser
It has to be a corporate location. Just call customer service and inquire if it is indeed a corporate location. Easy as a pie.
No that easy for other countries...

FlyingBlue has no idea, Avis Customer Service doesnt know anything about this promotion in Germany/France. Awesome.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by piiit

FlyingBlue has no idea, Avis Customer Service doesnt know anything about this promotion in Germany/France. Awesome.
I believe the European head office is in the UK, it's probably they who have created this promo, it might be better to contact CS in the UK
Old Apr 20, 2011, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
I believe the European head office is in the UK, it's probably they who have created this promo, it might be better to contact CS in the UK
Well, this one can be found printed in the KLM Board Magazine, so someone should have a clue over there, but negative, nothing, and i dont really know how corporate station is defined. A station that can be used for corporate rentals?
Old Apr 21, 2011, 12:18 am
Original Poster

Well, this one can be found printed in the KLM Board Magazine, so someone should have a clue over there, but negative, nothing, and i dont really know how corporate station is defined. A station that can be used for corporate rentals?
I guess a location that is owned by AVIS rather than a franchise
Old Apr 21, 2011, 4:08 am
c2h

Programs: QR-PLT, AM-Platino, TK-Elite
As far as I understand it the 'qualifying' rental, ie second rent onwards, has to be of a 3 day rent but what about the first? Could it just be less than 3 days and start with 3 days on the second rental.

If I could qualify with just one day on my first rent then I'd like to do so.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 4:09 am
c2h

Programs: QR-PLT, AM-Platino, TK-Elite

Neither Avis in Mexico.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by c2h
As far as I understand it the 'qualifying' rental, ie second rent onwards, has to be of a 3 day rent but what about the first? Could it just be less than 3 days and start with 3 days on the second rental.

If I could qualify with just one day on my first rent then I'd like to do so.
no it clearly says that a rental has to be 3 days to qualify for this promotion
1st qualifying rental gives 0 points though
Old Apr 21, 2011, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
I guess a location that is owned by AVIS rather than a franchise
Nice, didnt think of that. So, now to get information which ones are franchise and which ones not. But actually as it seems to be so difficult to get real information they should honor all rentals with the right AWD and of 3 days minimum.

This one seems to be as nicely planned as the status match offer...
Old Apr 21, 2011, 8:08 am
Original Poster

There was a promo last year, 1500 Best Western points for each AVIS rental, well I credited 2 rentals to a BW account and I got 2000 points for the first
and 1000 for the 2nd one, well at least the average was correct

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.