Status MATCH from FB to other FFP

Old Feb 7, 11, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/ AZ CFP
Status MATCH from FB to other FFP

Is there anyway to get a status match from FB Gold to any other FFP? Specifically in the US if possible...
thanks yall
Old Feb 7, 11, 8:41 am

Programs: AFKL Gold, A3 Gold
Skyteam - Probably not.

You can try Continental American or United. If you search around in the specific subforums for these airlines you will probably find an answer there
Old Feb 7, 11, 10:08 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
United and Continental do do status matches, only they require a challenge.
You are given the status for 90 days and need to make X EQM. Continental did not used to have this so must be a concequence of the merger.

Another option is British Midland, though you need to live in a country BMi fly to use their status match offer. As pointed out by Xiandrios, status matching within an alliance is not normally done.

Gajan
Old Feb 8, 11, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
The FFP of BMI is a profit center and they status match quite easily. Currently a very attractive program. Its death has been announced for years, but still there.
Old Feb 11, 11, 6:08 am
Senior Mod and Moderator: Aegean Miles&Bonus and British Airways

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Spire Ambassador
I status matched from FB Gold to DC Gold in October 2009.

Since then, the LH takeover has completed and matches appear to have become more stringent - it seems they now like to see a non-cancellable flight booked on BD metal before they'll match. You might also get away with showing several flights booked on other *A carriers - YMMV.

Good news is that FB Gold still seems to be a favourite FFP to match from, probably second only to BAEC.

There is little doubt that DC will eventually be merged into LH's Miles & More, but in the past couple of days BMI announced this will not happen in 2011. Depending on BA's long-term plan for BAEC, against which BMI almost directly compete, this might even extend its life even further.

There's some informative threads on this in the BD forum if you drop in there.

I can almost guarantee you won't regret moving - *A airlines, aside from being far greater in number and so flying to more places, IMHO generally have a much better on-board product than Skyteam and there are genuine alliance benefits (such as free bags irrespective of carrier on internal USA flights). You'll also get lounge access on domestic US flights, which is no longer available since the Northwest arrangement ended.
Old Feb 11, 11, 6:16 am

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer View Post
I can almost guarantee you won't regret moving - *A airlines, aside from being far greater in number and so flying to more places, IMHO generally have a much better on-board product than Skyteam and there are genuine alliance benefits (such as free bags irrespective of carrier on internal USA flights). You'll also get lounge access on domestic US flights, which is no longer available since the Northwest arrangement ended.
+1 ^
Old Jan 11, 12, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Silver, SK*G, BD*S, FB Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Is anyone aware of any FFP, in any alliance, which might match my FB Gold at the moment?

BD has already declined sadly.

Thanks.
Old Jan 11, 12, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/ AZ CFP
Originally Posted by andIRL View Post
Is anyone aware of any FFP, in any alliance, which might match my FB Gold at the moment?

BD has already declined sadly.

Thanks.
I was matched to DL GOLD last year but I doubt they would allow it now, even through the challenge, being intra Sky team but you could try...in alternative you could go for United/Continental...at the time CO said they would, and UA said they wouldn't (I was FB Gold) but things might have changed since the merger....Good luck, I feel you, FB is the worst program EVER.
Old Jan 11, 12, 10:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Air Berlin Gold, Etihad Silver (bad move)
Would like some information on this too. Particularly a way to get a status match with a star alliance airline.
Old Jan 11, 12, 12:14 pm

Programs: TK Elite *G, AF/KLM FB Elite+, A|Club Platinum, HH G
Didn't Lufthansa do a status match with challenge last year for FB Elites (as consequence that FB held status matches last year too)?

Crossing my fingers that they will do it again, but highly unlikely..

Last edited by davedior; Aug 18, 12 at 5:36 pm
Old Jan 11, 12, 1:03 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, BA Bronze, Accor Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat
If there are any published status matches, they will be announced here.
Old Jan 12, 12, 4:52 am

Programs: IHG Spire; AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by GrizNation View Post
Good luck, I feel you, FB is the worst program EVER.
Ouch!! but truth hurts
Old Jan 12, 12, 5:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, SK*G, BD*S, FB Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Thanks for the replies. Doesn't look like there is much out there at the moment. The only value I see in this status is the possibility of someone matching it!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: