Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

AF/KL Flying Blue Faster Miles offer (up to 12000 miles)

AF/KL Flying Blue Faster Miles offer (up to 12000 miles)

Old Sep 14, 2011, 7:30 am
ixs

Programs: Many
Very cool.

I haven't received the mail yet but signing up on the website of the earlier promo this ear works: http://www.fastermiles.com/?lang=UK

Let's wait for the mail which will contain my bonus miles details I can earn...
Old Sep 14, 2011, 7:33 am
ixs

This indeed works, the mail confirmation just came in:

Flying Blue number : xxxxxxxxxx
Dear Mr IXS,

Congratulations! You are now on a faster track.

Fly AIR FRANCE and KLM between 1st October and 31st December 2011 and your Miles could accumulate faster than you believe*.

Book your upcoming flights now at www.airfrance.com or www.klm.com

Looking forward to welcoming you on board soon.

Yours sincerely,
Isabelle Birem
Director Flying Blue

* Offer valid on purchased flights completed between 1st October and 31st December 2011 on AIR FRANCE and or KLM. 1 flight = 1 flight in either direction. For example, Amsterdam-Buenos Aires via Paris return equals 4 flights. In accordance with the Flying Blue programme rules, certain fares or tickets do not enable you to accumulate Miles or therefore to benefit from this offer. Only members who have personally received this email may benefit from the offer. The Bonus Miles earned thanks to Faster Miles will be credited to your Miles account in the weeks following the flights taken.
So it looks like the rules are the same as last time. Yay!
Old Sep 14, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: FB
I received the following offer (with significantly higher tresholds than earlier this year);

7 segments = 4000 Miles
2 segments = 1000 Miles
2 segments = 1500 Miles
Old Sep 14, 2011, 8:49 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Nothing received and I probably won't either.

EDIT: Would it be possible to just enroll online even if you haven't received an (personal) offer.

Last edited by KLflyerRalph; Sep 14, 2011 at 8:58 am
Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:15 am
ixs

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Nothing received and I probably won't either.

EDIT: Would it be possible to just enroll online even if you haven't received an (personal) offer.
That's what I did. Went to http://www.fastermiles.com/?lang=UK, entered my FB number and boom, got my confimation screen and the appropriate mail.
It's the same thing as last year: The system has a number of targeted FB numbers and everybody can sign in who is on "The List".

The invitation mails however are being send out with some delay...

So just give it a shot, if you can sign up, you're in.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:30 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
This is my offer:

12 flights = 7,000 miles
+4 flights = 2,500
+4 flights = 3,000

I have 8 flights already booked (plus 4 more just before 1st Octobr) and I just may get another 4 in - but 20 flights in 3 months is quite a big ask!

-- Henry
Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Wow I just got this offer, came here to see if anyone else has it, then saw that it goes back to February?!?!

My lower threshold is 12 flights which I doubt I will do unless they include KQ, which they should after all as it is a full FB member. This also penalizes people who mostly do long haul. I could take 12 cheap short flights for less than the price of a business class long haul.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: Flying Blue (Patinum), BA executive (Gold), M&M (senator), Emirates Skywards (nobody)
Any one knows if the promo includes KQ flights - I have many lined up in the next few months
Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:44 am
ixs

Originally Posted by stimpy
Wow I just got this offer, came here to see if anyone else has it, then saw that it goes back to February?!?!
Same name ("Faster Miles") but not the same promo. The original one ended in May or so, this is the second run of the year from October to December.

My lower threshold is 12 flights which I doubt I will do unless they include KQ, which they should after all as it is a full FB member. This also penalizes people who mostly do long haul. I could take 12 cheap short flights for less than the price of a business class long haul.
No way this is going to happen, except maybe if you're on KQ metal which is ticketed under a AF or KL code.
There was a bit of discussion about this with DL codeshares. Look through the earlier posts in this thread, I do not remember the details.

It is my understanding that this is not a FlyingBlue promotion but a AFKLM promotion for _their_ FlyingBlue members.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Received an offer from 1 Oct to 31 Dec today, too.

11 flights -> 8000 miles
+ 3 -> + 3500 miles
+ 3 -> + 4000 miles,

so a total of 12500 additional miles.

What a pity I will not be able to make full use of this. This is a bit difficult when you live in BNE. I would really have appreciated this offer earlier this year, but at least it might well be the case I might end up with 11 segments.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by ixs
That's what I did. Went to http://www.fastermiles.com/?lang=UK, entered my FB number and boom, got my confimation screen and the appropriate mail.
It's the same thing as last year: The system has a number of targeted FB numbers and everybody can sign in who is on "The List".

Seems the offer is personalised. Does the confirmation state your offer or do you have to wait for the "normal" e-mail (if any)?
Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:47 am
ixs

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Seems the offer is personalised. Does the confirmation state your offer or do you have to wait for the "normal" e-mail (if any)?
You have to wait. The confirmation doesn't contain anything except a "thank you for signing up".
Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by ixs
You have to wait. The confirmation doesn't contain anything except a "thank you for signing up".
Thanks for that (very quick) answer!
Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:48 am
yno

Programs: FB, Accor, Marriot
I got the offer today, and have to do 12 segments to get 8000 points...
Probably no way I get there this year seeing what I'll be flying...
Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:52 am

Programs: HH Nobody, AF FB Platinum, SIXT Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by ixs

I didn't receive the email but I managed to register through the website. However, I received the confirmation, but it doesn't specify the amounts/thresholds I need to reach to get bonuses....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.