Search

Redeeming non-flight awards on FB

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2010, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: CM Gold, SK EB Gold, SPG Gold
Redeeming non-flight awards on FB

Hi all,

I'm trying to help out my sister to use 10950 miles before the end of the year. We're looking to redeem those miles for car rentals and hotel bookings. However, there is no information on how many miles a car rental or other redemptions cost.
We've been finding the KLM site very frustrating to use (and the AirFrance site even more so.) - it seems to be in-line with some of your own experiences!

Well, any tips and advice are very welcome.

Thanks,
d
Old Dec 25, 2010, 9:14 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi Daniel,

Originally Posted by danielsan
Hi all,

I'm trying to help out my sister to use 10950 miles before the end of the year. We're looking to redeem those miles for car rentals and hotel bookings. However, there is no information on how many miles a car rental or other redemptions cost.
We've been finding the KLM site very frustrating to use (and the AirFrance site even more so.) - it seems to be in-line with some of your own experiences!

Well, any tips and advice are very welcome.

Thanks,
d
Not everything may be listed, but without any effort:

http://www.klm.com/travel/nl_en/flyi...e_partners.htm

Search for car rentals, select Avis for example, and you get:

Spending possibilities
CAR RENTAL NUMBER OF MILES
1 weekend (3 days) category B 30, 000 Miles
1 weekend (3 days) category D 35, 000 Miles
1 week (7 days) category B 90, 000 Miles
1 week (7 days) category D 150, 000 Miles
In any case, you will need to print the award request form and mail it to FB to get an awardvoucher.

http://www.klm.com/travel/nl_en/flyi...iles/index.htm
and the form itself:
http://www.klm.com/travel/nl_en/imag...542-221508.pdf

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Dec 26, 2010, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
With 10,950 FB miles, she won't be staying in any hotels or renting any cars as these cost more and are expensive IMO.

Having said that - in case she manages to earn a pile more miles - she should make any hotel reservations before claiming the voucher as vouchers can't be exchanged if hotels are fully booked.

The FB webpages are hideously out of date (so what's new? ). According to the website, some Accor hotels won't be opening until 2009 - implication: don't try to book for a stay before 2009, the NH Budapest can only be booked for stays until December 2009, and award stays at the Bucuti Beach can only be taken until 22 December 2010. Oh, yes. You have to get the voucher at least 14 days before the stay.

If nothing appeals, she could donate 10,000 miles to charity, or 11,000 if she could earn an additional 50 miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.