FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   Bangkok Fast track (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1150784-bangkok-fast-track.html)

tezzer Nov 20, 2010 11:29 pm

Bangkok Fast track

Any one know why (I suspect it's cost) that KLM/AF don't issue fast track cards to premium passengers either inbound or outbound at Bangkok ?

When I travel there with Emirates, before landing we are given a fast track card, and on check in at the way home, a card for either the business class of seperate first class " queues" for immigration.

Checked in last night with KLM, business class, and asked for a fast track pass. "No sir, we don't do them, but there will be no queue". Yeah right.

Just under an hour from the end of the queue to passport stamp, ridiclulous.

I shall be asking KLM the same question, sitting as I am in the Crowd lounge at Schiphol waiting for my connection now.

brunos Nov 21, 2010 12:28 am

This was just discussed in another thread.
The only logical explanation why AFKL does not give a business class card to access priority lanes is COST for AFKL.

mat_bkk Nov 23, 2010 10:03 pm

FYI

LX,OS,LH always give fast track to outgoing pax.
If you booked return from Bangkok OS give you the return fast track (Europe-Bangkok) card when you check-in in Bangkok.

One more time AF is far behind...

Mat

tezzer Nov 24, 2010 6:59 am

KLM's reply.
I can confirm that it is not currently KLM's policy to provide fast track cards for passengers at Bangkok airport, due to our experience that these cards often do not bring discernible benefit to the passengers using them. While specific queue times naturally vary from day to day according to the amount of traffic using the airport, it is our experience that the queues at the fast track channel are often longer than the standard channels, and thus lead to further inconvenience for our valued passengers.

Not when I flew in (1 Hour plus) or when I flew out (1 hour plus again) !

cosmos57 Dec 26, 2010 9:02 am

New To All This

I have booked a through business class ticket from Manchester - Koh Samui with KLM and using Bangkok airways for the last leg for next month.

Can some of you experienced flyers tell me about what to expect regarding fast tracks, lounges, transits etc. I am a complete novice but look forward to the experience. Does one only pass through a transit area on return from Samui at Bangkok? Is there access to a KLM lounge there?

Any advice regarding departure tax and best way to take sterling to Thailand for a holiday. Thanks

tezzer Dec 26, 2010 2:14 pm

Ok, well there's a fast track and lounge at manchester, the Crown lounge in Amsterdam for your first connection, and a lounge at Bangkok, for the return leg.

I would imagine that you will get off the Koh Samui flight and just transit airside, and straight into the KLM lounge.

Wish I was there now, instead of frozen Yorkshire !

cosmos57 Dec 27, 2010 4:48 am

Thank you -Tezzer. Just returned to Cheshire from Wakefield for Christmas so I know what you mean.

So , in BKK its off KLM flight and into a queue for CIQ- and hopefully not too long a wait for transfer to Bangkok Airways flight to Samui?:confused:

Andy49 Dec 27, 2010 5:05 am

Where is immigration completed when using this route, Bangkok or Samui?

Goldorak Dec 27, 2010 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Andy49 (Post 15528880)
Where is immigration completed when using this route, Bangkok or Samui?

BKK (1st entry point in Thailand)

tezzer Feb 13, 2011 7:44 am

I am now happy to report that WBC passengers get a fast track card on departure, if not arrival. I arrived last week, and the queue to get in was horrendous, but I had a couple of spare Fast track Emirates cards, so used one of those to get in. Tonight at check in I was given the first class exit card, so that speeded things up, no end.
Respect for listening to your passengers KLM,

Goldorak Feb 13, 2011 7:46 am

Originally Posted by tezzer (Post 15855240)
I am now happy to report that WBC passengers get a fast track card on departure, if not arrival. I arrived last week, and the queue to get in was horrendous, but I had a couple of spare Fast track Emirates cards, so used one of those to get in. Tonight at check in I was given the first class exit card, so that speeded things up, no end.
Respect for listening to your passengers KLM,

Good news. I hope AF will follow soon. it was not the case 2 weeks ago !

tezzer Feb 13, 2011 7:48 am

I would have thought that they would, as it's a joint KL/AF check in desk. It would be a bit churlish to offer it to KL passengers and not the AF ones.

monahos Feb 13, 2011 12:25 pm

Both AF and KL have a promotion running till the end of March, granting a fast track pass for checking in online, in what appears to be all classes.

SunLover Feb 13, 2011 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by monahos (Post 15856534)
Both AF and KL have a promotion running till the end of March, granting a fast track pass for checking in online, in what appears to be all classes.

How fast will fast track truly be if most of the passengers on a jumbo bird obtain access? :rolleyes:

SunLover

tezzer Feb 13, 2011 11:34 pm

Not very ! Last night there were very few people (2 or 3) in the fast track line, long may that continue !