Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok Fast track

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Bangkok Fast track

Any one know why (I suspect it's cost) that KLM/AF don't issue fast track cards to premium passengers either inbound or outbound at Bangkok ?

When I travel there with Emirates, before landing we are given a fast track card, and on check in at the way home, a card for either the business class of seperate first class " queues" for immigration.

Checked in last night with KLM, business class, and asked for a fast track pass. "No sir, we don't do them, but there will be no queue". Yeah right.

Just under an hour from the end of the queue to passport stamp, ridiclulous.

I shall be asking KLM the same question, sitting as I am in the Crowd lounge at Schiphol waiting for my connection now.

Last edited by tezzer; Nov 24, 2010 at 1:40 am Reason: rotten spelling !
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
This was just discussed in another thread.
The only logical explanation why AFKL does not give a business class card to access priority lanes is COST for AFKL.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:03 pm

Programs: LH SEN* ; Lifetime Ivory Member AF
FYI

LX,OS,LH always give fast track to outgoing pax.
If you booked return from Bangkok OS give you the return fast track (Europe-Bangkok) card when you check-in in Bangkok.

One more time AF is far behind...

Mat
Old Nov 24, 2010, 6:59 am
Original Poster

KLM's reply.
I can confirm that it is not currently KLM's policy to provide fast track cards for passengers at Bangkok airport, due to our experience that these cards often do not bring discernible benefit to the passengers using them. While specific queue times naturally vary from day to day according to the amount of traffic using the airport, it is our experience that the queues at the fast track channel are often longer than the standard channels, and thus lead to further inconvenience for our valued passengers.

Not when I flew in (1 Hour plus) or when I flew out (1 hour plus again) !
Old Dec 26, 2010, 9:02 am

New To All This

I have booked a through business class ticket from Manchester - Koh Samui with KLM and using Bangkok airways for the last leg for next month.

Can some of you experienced flyers tell me about what to expect regarding fast tracks, lounges, transits etc. I am a complete novice but look forward to the experience. Does one only pass through a transit area on return from Samui at Bangkok? Is there access to a KLM lounge there?

Any advice regarding departure tax and best way to take sterling to Thailand for a holiday. Thanks
Old Dec 26, 2010, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Ok, well there's a fast track and lounge at manchester, the Crown lounge in Amsterdam for your first connection, and a lounge at Bangkok, for the return leg.

I would imagine that you will get off the Koh Samui flight and just transit airside, and straight into the KLM lounge.

Wish I was there now, instead of frozen Yorkshire !
Old Dec 27, 2010, 4:48 am

Thank you -Tezzer. Just returned to Cheshire from Wakefield for Christmas so I know what you mean.

So , in BKK its off KLM flight and into a queue for CIQ- and hopefully not too long a wait for transfer to Bangkok Airways flight to Samui?
Old Dec 27, 2010, 5:05 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7ľł © ™
Where is immigration completed when using this route, Bangkok or Samui?
Old Dec 27, 2010, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Andy49
Where is immigration completed when using this route, Bangkok or Samui?
BKK (1st entry point in Thailand)
Old Feb 13, 2011, 7:44 am
Original Poster

I am now happy to report that WBC passengers get a fast track card on departure, if not arrival. I arrived last week, and the queue to get in was horrendous, but I had a couple of spare Fast track Emirates cards, so used one of those to get in. Tonight at check in I was given the first class exit card, so that speeded things up, no end.
Respect for listening to your passengers KLM,
Old Feb 13, 2011, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by tezzer
I am now happy to report that WBC passengers get a fast track card on departure, if not arrival. I arrived last week, and the queue to get in was horrendous, but I had a couple of spare Fast track Emirates cards, so used one of those to get in. Tonight at check in I was given the first class exit card, so that speeded things up, no end.
Respect for listening to your passengers KLM,
Good news. I hope AF will follow soon. it was not the case 2 weeks ago !
Old Feb 13, 2011, 7:48 am
Original Poster

I would have thought that they would, as it's a joint KL/AF check in desk. It would be a bit churlish to offer it to KL passengers and not the AF ones.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 12:25 pm

Both AF and KL have a promotion running till the end of March, granting a fast track pass for checking in online, in what appears to be all classes.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by monahos
Both AF and KL have a promotion running till the end of March, granting a fast track pass for checking in online, in what appears to be all classes.
How fast will fast track truly be if most of the passengers on a jumbo bird obtain access?

SunLover
Old Feb 13, 2011, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Not very ! Last night there were very few people (2 or 3) in the fast track line, long may that continue !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.