FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   Promo awards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1136501-promo-awards.html)

GrizNation Oct 14, 2010 5:18 am

Promo awards

Hey there,

Does anyone know if the next Promo Awards will be running Nov- Dec or Dec- Jan? Based on expectations can anyone guess what the US destinations will be?

Also when would we know the destinations ? ( If starting November ) ?

orbitmic Oct 14, 2010 5:24 am

Originally Posted by GrizNation (Post 14943539)
Hey there,

Does anyone know if the next Promo Awards will be running Nov- Dec or Dec- Jan? Based on expectations can anyone guess what the US destinations will be?

Nov-Dec
No
Usually the very end of the month

Verboten Oct 14, 2010 9:55 am

Originally Posted by GrizNation (Post 14943539)
Hey there,

Most likely Nov-Dec. FB does not like long term planning. Nobody knows for the moment. You'll have to wait till the end of this month (or maybe even early next month :D).

freretuc Oct 14, 2010 10:04 am

New promo are online from now on

For America, there are only KLM flight right now

Verboten Oct 14, 2010 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Verboten (Post 14944920)
Most likely Nov-Dec. FB does not like long term planning. Nobody knows for the moment. You'll have to wait till the end of this month (or maybe even early next month :D).

To correct myself :D, the Nov-Dec promo awards are already viewable at

http://www.flyingbluenews.com/promot...omoawards.html

Kudos to FB! ^

GrizNation Oct 14, 2010 11:25 am

thank all of you so much !
What a coincidence, I was just thinking about this in the AM and suddenly they came out!
KLM promo sound pretty good already... any chance AF will come up with some maybe later this month for Nov Dec? Is it usual?

Thanks everyone!

orbitmic Oct 14, 2010 11:52 am

Originally Posted by GrizNation (Post 14945502)
What a coincidence, I was just thinking about this in the AM and suddenly they came out!
KLM promo sound pretty good already... any chance AF will come up with some maybe later this month for Nov Dec? Is it usual?

Thanks everyone!

The AF promoawards are already there, it's just that they don't have any to North America. ^ for the early listing!

rwSEA Oct 15, 2010 1:17 am

Question: I've already booked an open jaw flight in December that includes one of the December promo award locations (the other location does not have a promo).

Does anyone forsee any issues with the following?
1) booking a one-way promo award for the first leg of my flight
2) calling FlyingBlue and cancelling the first segment of my flight

I understand that I will pay a €45 change fee, but to get back almost 20,000 miles it is worth it to me. Would I have any other issues in terms of paying taxes or potentially messing up my original reservation? I also don't want to book a non-cancellable / changable promo award just to call and run into issues later on.

ahar Oct 16, 2010 3:56 am

Am I correct in thinking that Europe - Tokyo for 20K only looks appealing until you find out how much of the fare is made up of taxes and fees?

UTA_flyinghigh Oct 16, 2010 4:49 am

Indeed. It's not worth it IMHO redeeming in Y/Y+, only J/C is worth it.

UTA

more4less Oct 16, 2010 5:09 am

Originally Posted by rwSEA (Post 14949438)
Question: I've already booked an open jaw flight in December that includes one of the December promo award locations (the other location does not have a promo).

Does anyone forsee any issues with the following?
1) booking a one-way promo award for the first leg of my flight
2) calling FlyingBlue and cancelling the first segment of my flight

I understand that I will pay a €45 change fee, but to get back almost 20,000 miles it is worth it to me. Would I have any other issues in terms of paying taxes or potentially messing up my original reservation? I also don't want to book a non-cancellable / changable promo award just to call and run into issues later on.

Hi rwSEA,

I have done this in 2/3 ocassions and it has worked fine.

Nevertheless kindly note that you will not be able to book the promo-award for December until the 1st/Nov.

I agree with you that it is worth to pay 45€ and save the miles(in my case it was 25.000 miles every time).

mike turnbull Oct 16, 2010 9:17 am

Originally Posted by GrizNation (Post 14945502)

Thanks everyone!

Don't get too excited....you haven't got a seat yet.

rwSEA Oct 17, 2010 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by saviox (Post 14955718)
Hi rwSEA,

I have done this in 2/3 ocassions and it has worked fine.

Nevertheless kindly note that you will not be able to book the promo-award for December until the 1st/Nov.

I agree with you that it is worth to pay 45€ and save the miles(in my case it was 25.000 miles every time).

Thanks, Saviox. Were you refunded the taxes from your original booking without any incident?

more4less Oct 18, 2010 12:21 am

Originally Posted by rwSEA (Post 14961684)
Thanks, Saviox. Were you refunded the taxes from your original booking without any incident?

Hi rwSEA,

Last years taxes were refunded very fast(for 2 separate tickets).
This year I have done it once but I have not checked yet if taxes have already been reimbursed. I will do it in the next few days and PM you if I am having problems to get the credit

iLaurie Oct 18, 2010 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Verboten (Post 14945033)
To correct myself :D, the Nov-Dec promo awards are already viewable at

http://www.flyingbluenews.com/promot...omoawards.html

Kudos to FB! ^

All leaving from Europe... any way to leave from North America?