FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   How many miles do you have? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1125631-how-many-miles-do-you-have.html)

nufcrule3 Sep 12, 2010 10:14 am

How many miles do you have?

Hey, I am new here. I don't know if this is the right place to post it, but if it isn't can you please move it?

How many FB miles do you have?
How many level flights do you have?
What level are you?
How long have to been a member?

Silver
9 months.

Henry III Sep 13, 2010 5:17 am

Hi, nufcrule3!

This is the right forum in which to post such a question. However, it is traditional only to ask it towards the end of the calendar year, when some of us like to compare how much we've travelled on FB-friendly (and other) carriers over the past 12 months.

Wait until just before Christmas, and I'm sure you'll find just such a 'survey' thread. (Or you can trawl through last year's threads - but I'm too lazy to dig them out for you. :o)

-- Henry

Italy98 Sep 13, 2010 5:25 am

Welcome to FlyerTalk and the Flying Blue forum nufcrule3.

I agree with Henry III, it is a little premature to start thinking of where we are in earnings. I can tell you, from my perspective, that I do not have enough. :eek: :(

tezzer Sep 13, 2010 5:36 am

Au contraire, mon brave !

185,895 level miles this year to date, with 4 busy months ahead !

34 flights shown, strangely enough Platinum, and more years than I care to rememeber, in fact I remember being Royal Wing or whatever it was before Flying Blue was Flying Blue, in fact a quick search reminds me it was Flying Dutchman.

nufcrule3 Sep 13, 2010 6:46 am

Thanks for the welcomes, yeah I am not an expert on Air Miles, IDK much about them. I would appreciate any information anyone can mail me on Flying Blue specificaly.
Thanks, Lee.

tezzer Sep 13, 2010 6:58 am

I'm guessing from your signature that you'll be flying from the NorthEast to Amsterdam to somewhere a lot, so you will be soon familiar with the D6 circus, especially at peak times. Suppose you will have a choice of Newcastle or Durham Tees Valley (or MSG as it was known when I was a lad).

As for the miles, they are worth collecting, but "free flights" is a bit of a misnomer, the taxes are often more than you can get a discounted fare for anyway. Level miles, as opposed to award miles are collected and help move you up that ladder, towards your lifetime Platinum status.

Good luck, and welcome.

nufcrule3 Sep 13, 2010 7:13 am

Thanks, yeah I go from Newcastle-Ams/Cdg-Atl/Dtw-Roa
Also, what do you mean by D6 circus?

tezzer Sep 13, 2010 7:23 am

The melle that is always around Gate D6, the normal gate for my HUY / LBA flights. I know Durham goes from there, not sure about NCL though, as you get a proper aeroplane, instead of one of the noisy little Fokkers.

nufcrule3 Sep 13, 2010 7:32 am

Ive never been on a fokker. I get the CRJ, or Boeing (not sure what model).

Cupart Sep 14, 2010 2:06 am

The D6 circus moved to D8 yesterday as the doors wouldn't open at arrivals (when arriving from HEL). Waited for 15 min before security came and swiped their card...

Another thing: The AMS C9 CDG boarding at 16:40 showed the classic 200 meter priority boarding queue VS the 10 meter no status queue, so that was a no brainer where to stand... Probably around 80% of the pax was holding either Silver, Gold or Plat and the first 10 rows were all C.

What I'm trying to say is that holding a FF status card doesn't always make travel easier for you (like in this example) as card holders sometimes outnumber the non card holders ;-)

stirlingFR Sep 14, 2010 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Cupart (Post 14654162)
Another thing: The AMS C9 CDG boarding at 16:40 showed the classic 200 meter priority boarding queue VS the 10 meter no status queue, so that was a no brainer where to stand... Probably around 80% of the pax was holding either Silver, Gold or Plat and the first 10 rows were all C.

The way around it would be to put in place and enforce Zone as Delta (seems to) do and (seems to) enforce (at least on every delta flights I had during the summer) but I guess AF/KL would not really care as they often don't seem to be able to prevent pax from "cheating" (this is especially true on the AMS-MAN segment).