Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FB earning on AF Qantas code sharing

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2010, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum; BD*Gold; SPG Platinum, PriorityClub Platinum, HHonors Gold...
FB earning on AF Qantas code sharing

Hi there, does anyone know if I can ear FB miles on Qantas and AF code sharing flights? I will fly to Australia from Paris via Singapore, all on AF coded flights but from Singapore to Australia is Qantas operated...

Also can I use the AF coded but Qantes operated flight as one leg towards the 13,000 bonus mile promotion???

Many thanks!!!
Old Mar 4, 2010, 2:59 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by youfly
Hi there, does anyone know if I can ear FB miles on Qantas and AF code sharing flights? I will fly to Australia from Paris via Singapore, all on AF coded flights but from Singapore to Australia is Qantas operated...
I believe that, if it's on AF stock (i.e. an AF ticket) and AF coded flight, then it earns FB miles - but I'm not sure about what %age. Do you have an AF fare code? Also, I'm not sure how the check-in process works: presumably, you'll check in in OZ at a QF desk, and they'll probably give you a QF BP - which could cause problems with the system. Dunno.

Originally Posted by youfly
Also can I use the AF coded but Qantes operated flight as one leg towards the 13,000 bonus mile promotion???
I don't think so - the wording for this promo is quite vague, though.

-- Henry
Old Mar 4, 2010, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Your AF-coded/QF-operated flight will earn award and level miles exactly as normal (literally as if it were AF operated) only difference is that if it doesn't post automatically, you can't use the electronic form and will need to send the BPs.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 12:15 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Unusually, when I flew the AF-coded QF flight the AF miles posted fine on AF, despite the fact I had given my QF number for this sector - and the same miles posted on the QF account.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 12:57 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Any QF:AF flight will give your FB Miles (if the booking class is eligible of course).
Old Mar 5, 2010, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum; BD*Gold; SPG Platinum, PriorityClub Platinum, HHonors Gold...
thanks so much for your replies!!!

my flight is in March, from Singapore to Sydney, with AF 8090 but operated by QF, the booking class is H, so could I earn miles and how much on this flight?

I do hope it will qualify for the 13,000 bonus miles promo...do the flights have to be operated by AF or KL metal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.