Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

New year Status reset... still Platinum with not enought flights for Gold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2010, 5:11 am
formerly frankdjs
Original Poster

Programs: BA EC Gold

Hi Everyone,

Not sure how long it takes FB to reset / update the status at the start of the new year, but my level miles (9K) and level segements (25) both not even enought for Gold have blanked out, but my status is still platinum.

I was expecting a 1 level drop to Gold, but this has not happened. Has this occured to anyone else?

Thanks and Happy 2010!
Old Jan 6, 2010, 5:21 am

Programs: Many
The status is valid until the end of March 2010.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 7:35 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Hi Frank,

The zero balance is due to the start of the new year; new points, new chances. The elite qualification always takes some time to get all the miles in from other skyteam flights. As this will take some time, in certain instances, there is a grace period of two months.

It is only a pain when you get a higher status due to the special promotion this year, this will also not be effected until that point in time .... I fear.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 1:14 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by DrDree
Hi Frank,

The zero balance is due to the start of the new year; new points, new chances. The elite qualification always takes some time to get all the miles in from other skyteam flights. As this will take some time, in certain instances, there is a grace period of two months.

It is only a pain when you get a higher status due to the special promotion this year, this will also not be effected until that point in time .... I fear.
I was targeted for the special promotion regarding higher status and qualified as per the email, but was only upgraded after taking flights on the 4th and 5th.
Maybe they have a massive backlog of upgrades to do!
Old Jan 11, 2010, 3:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Just inquired at FB about the status update. I saved 63k award miles and was expecting the upgrade to platinum, however, just received an email from FB Service Center that although I was awarded the double miles, the level for platinum is 70k and (as I have 63k) do not get the step-up.

The email was a copy+paste from another client's response as another customer's name was still in the message ... nice. This shows that there are more customers compaining ! Any experiences?

UPDATE: FB Service Desk claims that I was targetted for the 'Gold' promotion and not the Platinum promotion, so that for Platinum elite the normal 70k miles will be needed. Nice that they told me differently in December before my additional booking to get me over the 60k miles

Last edited by DrDree; Jan 11, 2010 at 5:07 am Reason: UPDATE
Old Jan 11, 2010, 3:35 pm

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Became PE on the 5th (threshold promotion)
Old Jan 12, 2010, 3:31 am

Programs: DL SM
Got an Ivory targeted promotion e-mail back in October telling me I needed 20k instead of 25k miles to reach Silver. I missed it by 350miles/1 leg. Did not get an upgrade yet and I'm not expecting it anymore. Does "complaining" help in such cases?
Old Jan 12, 2010, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Daxy
Got an Ivory targeted promotion e-mail back in October telling me I needed 20k instead of 25k miles to reach Silver. I missed it by 350miles/1 leg. Did not get an upgrade yet and I'm not expecting it anymore. Does "complaining" help in such cases?
"Complaining" about what?
Old Jan 12, 2010, 4:39 am

Programs: DL SM
Originally Posted by brunos
"Complaining" about what?
In Holland we have a saying: "Brutale mensen hebben de halve wereld".
I don't know if there is an English version for the same idea, but it means something like "rude/bold people own halve of the world". Meaning, if you don't ask, you'll never get it. Hence my quotes around complaining. By just mailing them asking if you get an upgrade, the answer will be just no (I guess). If you formulate well, they might give you the benefit of doubt.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 4:51 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
There is no 'doubt': You didn't qualify for even the lowered threshold. If you wanted to get to silver, you should have taken an additional flight and be thankful to be upgraded with only 20k miles instead of 25.

Having said that, you can always politely ask for their mercy. But in no way complaining is justified imho. I dont think a 'brutaal' attitude is gonna help at all here ;-)
Old Jan 13, 2010, 4:41 am

Location: I have embarrasingly little status but my wife thinks I am great
Originally Posted by Daxy
In Holland we have a saying: "Brutale mensen hebben de halve wereld".
I don't know if there is an English version for the same idea, but it means something like "rude/bold people own halve of the world". Meaning, if you don't ask, you'll never get it. Hence my quotes around complaining. By just mailing them asking if you get an upgrade, the answer will be just no (I guess). If you formulate well, they might give you the benefit of doubt.
As someone who paid to reach the next level with a special mileage run on 30the December, I wish you luck with your complaint (honestly I do!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.