Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF offering discount Affairs online. Is it just me or is this new?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2009, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
AF offering discount Affairs online. Is it just me or is this new?

I checked on a trip to Asia and found a pretty good fare which was I going out and D returning. I have never seen these fares on airfrance.fr before? KLM for sure has Z fares all the time, but not AF!
Old May 25, 2009, 9:51 am

Programs: FB Plat for life
I had the similar comment recently as I was looking at a flight to HKG and biz price was showing up at 3400€ for a return trip without a saturday night on site. I have also never seen those prices in the past on af website it used to be always in the range of 6 to 7k€ minimum for whatever biz trip
Old May 25, 2009, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Maybe they are finally price-matching BA? I swear every time I transit LHR I hear more and more French voices around me in the Club lounges and the Club cabins. Maybe AF has had enough.
Old May 25, 2009, 10:26 am

Programs: FB Plat For Life, BAEC Silver, MPC Gold,Miles & Smiles Gold, Priority Club Ambassador
Originally Posted by stimpy
I checked on a trip to Asia and found a pretty good fare which was I going out and D returning. I have never seen these fares on airfrance.fr before? KLM for sure has Z fares all the time, but not AF!
AF do offer Z fares on most of long-haul flights. For instance, a return ticket CDG-HKG-CDG next july about 3.200 euros.
Of course, there are restrictions: Z fare is submitted to quotas, the ticket has to be issued at last 42 days before departure and there are penalties in case of refund or modification (from 200 to 400 euros)
Old May 25, 2009, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Indianocean
AF do offer Z fares on most of long-haul flights. For instance, a return ticket CDG-HKG-CDG next july about 3.200 euros.
Of course, there are restrictions: Z fare is submitted to quotas, the ticket has to be issued at last 42 days before departure and there are penalties in case of refund or modification (from 200 to 400 euros)
Well that's why I never see Z fares on AF. I never book more than two weeks out. KL has Z fares at that time, but not AF. But now, even just two weeks out, they are offering me I and D fares to Asia. ^
Old May 25, 2009, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Indeed, AF is finally offering Z fares ex-CDG! (they used to be reserved to foreign-originating pax).
€3 320 to HKG is somewhat better than what they were offering recently. And teh change penalty is low. To JFK it is down to €2100. Still much higher than what you can get on BA ex-LHR, but matching the current BA price ex-CDG (BA had an attractive two for one promotion ex-CDG expiring last week).
Let's assume/hope that BA & CX will react quickly.
Old May 25, 2009, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
That is not correct.
The new Z fares do not need to be issued 42 days ahead, and the change penalty for HKG is only €100. For example, you can book a departure late May at that fare. As far as I can tell, there is plenty of availability on all flights.
Quite attractive and fairly similar to CX fare and conditions to HKG (although quality of product is different).
Old May 25, 2009, 12:17 pm

Programs: FB Plat For Life, BAEC Silver, MPC Gold,Miles & Smiles Gold, Priority Club Ambassador
Originally Posted by brunos
That is not correct.
The new Z fares do not need to be issued 42 days ahead, and the change penalty for HKG is only €100. For example, you can book a departure late May at that fare. As far as I can tell, there is plenty of availability on all flights.
Quite attractive and fairly similar to CX fare and conditions to HKG (although quality of product is different).
You're absolutely right. They might have changed their policy about Z fare lately.
Until my last trip to the US last february, an AF agent told me that a Z fare ticket must be issued 42 days prior to departure.
That's good news.
Beware you only earn 125% miles with Z fare ticket since april 1st.
Old May 25, 2009, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Beware you only earn 125% miles with Z fare ticket since april 1st.
That's only on long-haul. You still earn 200% within Europe on Z fares.
Old May 25, 2009, 6:04 pm
TGV

Programs: FB Life Platinum
Originally Posted by brunos
Indeed, AF is finally offering Z fares ex-CDG! (they used to be reserved to foreign-originating pax).
Are you speaking of CDG-HKG specifically or other routes? Because in the past years I did buy Z fares ex-CDG, more than once - last was in May last year, CDG-SGN.

The 42 days in advance requirement did exist at the time (on that route), as well as 200 Euros change / 400 Euros cancel.

But now (just made a dummy booking for CDG-SGN), the 42 days have disappeared, and the fees are 100 changes, 200 Euros cancel before departure. It is a fare called ZWEEKPR, BUT the price is around 3400 Euros, which correspond to what was previously charged for IWEEK if I remember well.

So more or less the only difference (except possibly for changes/cancel charges, I don't remember what they were for IWEEK) is that you pay the I fare, but only earn 125% of miles!

I found some Z fares at the level that existed before (around 2400 Euros on CDG-SGN), in august: it is called ZPROMO14, and has the 200/400 Euros fees (but not 42 days advanced purchase).

So it seems that in fact they are disguising some I fares into Z fares now, keeping the previous I fare level ! You can buy until the last minute, but you earn only 125% of the miles.

Everything is done to confuse us, let's be vigilant!
Old May 25, 2009, 7:54 pm

At east they aligned their prices on the competition... never too late!
Old May 30, 2009, 1:57 pm

Air France Coupon: $50 off $500 flight from select cities.

Enter Code: AFFILIATE50

Applies to flights departing from Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa to any destination in France and is valid for purchase made before August 16, 2009, returning before December 13, 2009.
Old May 31, 2009, 8:17 pm

Register and you will receive a $50 discount on your next
airfrance.ca purchase

http://contest.afcanada.ca/en

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.