Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does AF still hand out Christian Lacroix pijama in Premiere?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2009, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Does AF still hand out Christian Lacroix pijama in Premiere?

Does anyone know if AF still hand out Christian Lacroix pijama in Premiere?
Old Apr 29, 2009, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by elite13
Yes, they do. You usually have the choice between a couple of colors (brown and white). But they are now very basic in terms of design and fabric. No style, except for a Christian Lacroix label on the back collar.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
Yes, they do. You usually have the choice between a couple of colors (brown and white). But they are now very basic in terms of design and fabric. No style, except for a Christian Lacroix label on the back collar.

Thanks for the info. Is it standard on any AF Premiere flights to hand out pijamas to pax or does it have to be more than 6 hours for example like on some other airlines?
Old Apr 29, 2009, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
No style, except for a Christian Lacroix label on the back collar.
They are nothing particular by style and comfort (basic if not ugly design, basic cotton)

I never use them:
- I am not quite sure I would feel comfortable to wear them as the only changing rooms are the lavatories
- I prefer wake up at the very last minute
Old Apr 30, 2009, 10:42 am

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
Yes they still have them and I use them every time

I agree that in spite of the label, the pjs are pretty basic.

However, I use them every time. Indeed I put them on before take off, even on a day flight. Why? Because then I can hang up my clothes and later put them on unwrinkled before landing. That is a real luxury. With a good sleep, fresh looking clothes, brushed teeth and a shave, I can walk off a long international flight and look like I haven't traveled at all.
Old May 1, 2009, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the info. Is it standard on any AF Premiere flights to hand out pijamas to pax or does it have to be more than 6 hours for example like on some other airlines?
AF does not have shorthaul flights in F (with maybe a couple of exceptions where the flight stopovers and it is a 777). So you allways get one day or night flight. But you wont get one if you just do a short segment on a longhaul flight with stopover. Again, there are very few of those, if any currently.
Old May 1, 2009, 7:23 am

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
AF does not have shorthaul flights in F (with maybe a couple of exceptions where the flight stopovers and it is a 777). So you allways get one day or night flight. But you wont get one if you just do a short segment on a longhaul flight with stopover. Again, there are very few of those, if any currently.
Buenos Aires to Santiago (at least and perhaps at most)
Old May 1, 2009, 7:30 am

Programs: AFKL Plat STE+ (LT), OZ Diam+ *G (LT), QF Gold OWS (LTG 83%)
got one today !
Old May 1, 2009, 8:22 am

Programs: BA ExClub Blue (ex Silver), Flying Blue Silver (ex Platinum), M&M forever base soldier
Originally Posted by Richelieu
Buenos Aires to Santiago (at least and perhaps at most)
This used to be the case, but SCL has been served from CDG nonstop exclusively (the longest flight in AF system) for some time now.
Old May 1, 2009, 8:27 am

Programs: SQ * UA * QF * AF
Originally Posted by albireo
This used to be the case, but SCL has been served from CDG nonstop exclusively (the longest flight in AF system) for some time now.
Hi,
And I think that the shortest AF flights with a F cabin are CDG-BEY and CDG-CAI.

BTW, am I the only one here who has some size issues with these Christian Lacroix pajamas?
I am 6'3 / 180lbs and I find the L size is really tight an shapeless...

Last edited by Malonda; May 1, 2009 at 8:46 am Reason: Size
Old May 1, 2009, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Malonda
Hi,
And I think that the shortest AF flights with a F cabin may by CDG-BEY and CDG-CAI.

BTW, am I the only one here who has some size issues with these Christian Lacroix pajamas?
I am 6'3 / 180lbs and I find the L size really tight an shapeless...
Hi Malonda,
I am a bit heavier than you (200+lb), but have no tightness in the largest size of their PJ. However, they are shapeless and cheap fabric. Nothing like the old ones. How Lacroix accepts to put his name on such a cheap clothing is beyond comprehension. The cheapest of any airline (with Air India). My top choice is CX Shanghai Tang, very stilish PJ with a top that buttons up elegantly and comfortably.
Old May 1, 2009, 9:27 am

Hi brunos,

Hi Malonda,
I am a bit heavier than you (200+lb), but have no tightness in the largest size of their PJ.
Really? I have had no luck then (unless the Large PJs I got were European L...)

My top choice is CX Shanghai Tang, very stilish PJ with a top that buttons up elegantly and comfortably.
I have my very first CX flight in F next weekend; I really look forward to it!
Old May 1, 2009, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Malonda
Hi brunos,
I have my very first CX flight in F next weekend; I really look forward to it!
Hope that it is on a 74A, 2nd row is my preferred seat. Avoid the A340 (old seats). If on 77A, avoid first row (noisy from galley). The Shanghai Tan PJ can be bought at some of their stores, quite expensive.
Old May 1, 2009, 10:25 am

Hope that it is on a 74A, 2nd row is my preferred seat. Avoid the A340 (old seats). If on 77A, avoid first row (noisy from galley). The Shanghai Tan PJ can be bought at some of their stores, quite expensive.
Thanks for the tips!
Outbound is on a 74A (seat 2A), inbound is 77A (but impossible to grab 2A, it is blocked according to me TA).
Sorry, it's slightly OT.
Old May 2, 2009, 4:16 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
There is also a medium/dark grey, at least for ladies.
As commented here, shapeless but fabric while not superb, it is combed cotton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.