AF leg on TGV - what class will my train ticket be?

Old Mar 31, 09, 4:50 am
Original Poster

AF leg on TGV - what class will my train ticket be?

Bonjour all -

I am ticketing a round-trip from Nantes to Bristol (UK). For my return flight, the leg from CDG to Nantes will be via TGV.

Question - what class will my TGV ticket be? I'm purchasing a coach ticket (Voyageur N according to the AF web site). I can't find any information on the AF web site which tells me what class any TGV-leg tix are.

(I want a first class TGV ticket and will purchase separately if it turns out that the AF ticket is second class. Only 10 euro more.)

Merci.
Old Mar 31, 09, 6:36 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Platsku (OW Emerald), FB, SBB GA, Bonvoy Gold, ACCOR, Coop card, Aligro Card, Porsche Club Suisse
Hi,

I think you have answered your own question.

You have bought a Voyageur N round trip so you have a 2nd Class TGV train ticket. It wouldn't make sense if you would get 1st class TGV seat on a N type ticket...

Cheerio
Old Mar 31, 09, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Thank you!

Now, so I can learn something - how should I have known this? Does the AF web site say somewhere "your TGV ticket will be in the same class of service as your flight?" Does the SNCF web site say something similar?
Old Apr 1, 09, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by BeagleFlyer View Post
Thank you!

Now, so I can learn something - how should I have known this? Does the AF web site say somewhere "your TGV ticket will be in the same class of service as your flight?" Does the SNCF web site say something similar?
...maybe if you smile nicely at the Chef du Train, or you are his cousin twice removed, you'll get an upgrade
Old Apr 1, 09, 3:20 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
It is only on the Brussels to CDG TGVs that Air France books a specific First Class coach for its passengers, regardless of the cabin they are flying or the fare paid.

Search this Thread