Transfer time between CDG 2E and 2D

Old Mar 13, 09, 4:32 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Platsku (OW Emerald), FB, SBB GA, Bonvoy Gold, ACCOR, Coop card, Aligro Card, Porsche Club Suisse
Transfer time between CDG 2E and 2D

I have been thinking of taking a trip from DUB to CPH via CDG on a Sat to Sun in June.

When looking at the proposed itinerary on the AF booking page, it gives me 45 min from arrival at 2E @ 12:10 (CityJet arrival then with bus to terminal 2E) and then to get to 2D for a 12:55 departure.

I highly doubt I would make the connecting flight as one has to go through immigration and security check in again...

Anyone tried or had any experience with such an ultra short transfer time at CDG?

Cheers,

F
Old Mar 13, 09, 5:37 am

Programs: LX*G, SK*S, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Cupart View Post
I have been thinking of taking a trip from DUB to CPH via CDG on a Sat to Sun in June.

When looking at the proposed itinerary on the AF booking page, it gives me 45 min from arrival at 2E @ 12:10 (CityJet arrival then with bus to terminal 2E) and then to get to 2D for a 12:55 departure.

I highly doubt I would make the connecting flight as one has to go through immigration and security check in again...

Anyone tried or had any experience with such an ultra short transfer time at CDG?
Me 45 mins on a LHR-CDG-ZRH connection. Connecting from 2E (airbridge at the far end of S3) to 2F2! I made it because I pushed the guys at security to let me through Access No. 1!

But if you have a delay... forget it! Also happened to me on LHR-CDG-ZRH, so AF booked me on the last LX flight
Old Mar 13, 09, 7:08 am

Programs: FB Gold (E+),TK Elite(*A Gold)
They could even wait you at the end of finger and bring you by car/bus to the boarding. It happens... otherwise it is very short. By walk (fast) you need at least 20mn.
Old Mar 13, 09, 7:46 am

Programs: UA - G (mm), DL - DM, MM, AA - Plat
Way too short a connection at CDG for my comfort. I always say that you need at least 90 minutes and 2 hours is better.
Old Mar 13, 09, 8:30 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Cupart View Post

Cheers,

F
Rather short connection. You could make it if your incoming flight is on time, although the bus ride for CityJet flights makes it more difficult. I usually try to have longer connections, as I don't enjoy being rushed.
Old Mar 13, 09, 9:12 am

Programs: FB Gold (E+),TK Elite(*A Gold)
Originally Posted by JOUY31 View Post
I don't enjoy being rushed.

Me too. I think this is the most annoying experience for frequent flyers...
One hour is the minimum transfer time to avoid rush in most of the airports... but in the big ones 1h30 is fair and 2h allows you to breathe and take a look on the world around you.
Old Mar 13, 09, 1:27 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Platsku (OW Emerald), FB, SBB GA, Bonvoy Gold, ACCOR, Coop card, Aligro Card, Porsche Club Suisse
Thanks guys Just as I thought.

Seems like most of you would advice against and if the FT's say jump I ask how hight

Why would AF allow for such a short connection time when clearly everyone is not recommending it? French logic maybe?

PS Don't get me wrong, I love France...

Search this Thread