Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Catering on Cityjet

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2009, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ajamieson
Yeah, it was an unexpected pleasure. As mentioned above £3.50 barely gets your a beer or a sandwich and the voucher is only redeemable airside but it is a nice gesture. I suspect if you were stuck there for a long time or pressed the point you might get a second voucher or one for a higher value.
I actually prefer airside but have things changed on this in the past 3 months? This was the last time I used it on the public side (I do it when someone comes to the airport with me) and never had a problem with that. Incidentally, you can even get a shoe shine voucher if you fancy one!
Old Mar 18, 2009, 6:54 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
Ah yes-the freebie shoeshine voucher.I make sure i travel in my scruffiest pair of shoes just for the occasion.

Foodwise it wasn't that long ago you got fairly decent canapes(tartlets,smoked salmon,satay .....)

-which sadly went the way of

the free valet parking

....and little bottles of champagne.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 7:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I actually prefer airside but have things changed on this in the past 3 months? This was the last time I used it on the public side (I do it when someone comes to the airport with me) and never had a problem with that. Incidentally, you can even get a shoe shine voucher if you fancy one!
I haven't tried in the last 3 months but I have had the vouchers refused at EAT in the landside area. I cannot think where else one can eat landside? I suppose there is that bar upstairs just by the entrance to security but I hadn't realised it served food.

Yes - the shoe shine vouchers! I also save up my tatty shoes for the vigorous attention of the lovely Estonian boys with the brush and polish

Incidentally, I do like the CityJet sandwiches - which appeared to be supplied by a catering firm close to LCY - but I wish they wouldn't use bread covered in seeds. They get everywhere...

Last edited by ajamieson; Mar 18, 2009 at 11:48 am
Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:49 am

Programs: FB Gold (E+),TK Elite(*A Gold)
Somebody got news on the vouchers of 10€ in CDG 2G terminal (that's where there's no lounge)??? Still available ???
Otherwise I will try to stop in 2D or 2C lounges where navette stops before going in 2G... at least I can check emails before my flight...
Old Apr 5, 2009, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ajamieson
I haven't tried in the last 3 months but I have had the vouchers refused at EAT in the landside area. I cannot think where else one can eat landside? I suppose there is that bar upstairs just by the entrance to security but I hadn't realised it served food.

Yes - the shoe shine vouchers! I also save up my tatty shoes for the vigorous attention of the lovely Estonian boys with the brush and polish

Incidentally, I do like the CityJet sandwiches - which appeared to be supplied by a catering firm close to LCY - but I wish they wouldn't use bread covered in seeds. They get everywhere...
If you want to use it landside, it is the place upstairs indeed, which does serve food (albeit not for cheap!) The sandwiches remain a mystery to me, they are often very good, but sometimes horrible, I think the ones on the Orly flights are the ones they serve on other flights from Orly and are vastly inferior, the other flights seem ok and must have the London sandwiches you are mentioning! I agree the Estonian guys are really nice!!
Old Apr 6, 2009, 6:29 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Originally Posted by Squerez
Somebody got news on the vouchers of 10€ in CDG 2G terminal (that's where there's no lounge)??? Still available ???
Otherwise I will try to stop in 2D or 2C lounges where navette stops before going in 2G... at least I can check emails before my flight...
Last week (on 31/03), they were available. But the AF agent told me the lounge in 2G would open the following day...
Old Apr 6, 2009, 6:40 am

Programs: FB Gold (E+),TK Elite(*A Gold)
Originally Posted by tff
Last week (on 31/03), they were available. But the AF agent told me the lounge in 2G would open the following day...
Wow. Did somebody already visited the new lounge on 2G?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.