Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2009, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
A380 shows on expertflyer for AF6/7, with seatmaps.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 8:11 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by mkgrip
20th December is a Sunday this year.
I was just concerned that date changes may lead to disappointment.

... I was mostly asking if anybody knows how final their plan to use the A380 on JFK even after the inaugural flights is.
I think there will be a significant number of FTers on the first commercial (thanks for coming up with that face-saver, orbitmic ^) flight, which is AF6 on 23/NOV (places on the official inaugural flights a few days earlier are going to be auctioned off for charity). Check out this thread for more info, etc.

-- Henry
Old Aug 3, 2009, 9:38 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Exclamation DXB, JNB, NRT next for the A380!

According to af.de, after JFK, the A380 will next be used on the DXB, JNB and NRT flights. No timeline is given, though.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 2:28 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus Silver, DL, AA, AY, US
Originally Posted by nomad1974
According to af.de, after JFK, the A380 will next be used on the DXB, JNB and NRT flights. No timeline is given, though.
I've read that too, though I'm assuming that they mean when they get more of the whalejets they start new routes, not that they plan to do some kind of a promo tour using the first one for various routes.

Last edited by mkgrip; Aug 4, 2009 at 3:20 am Reason: man... I can't spell
Old Aug 3, 2009, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Henry III
commercial (thanks for coming up with that face-saver, orbitmic ^) flight
Well, as you know, claiming that that flight is a glorious one is a bit self-interested too! It's nice that a few of us will be lucky ones!!!!
Old Aug 3, 2009, 4:18 pm

I've read that too, though I'm assuming that they mean when they get more of the whalejets they start new routes, not that the plan to do some kind of a promo tour using the first one for various routes.
Yes, that's how I read it, too.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 4:55 pm

Programs: Delta PM
A380 on Wednesdays

Why is AF not flying the A380 on Wednesdays? I have AF7 JFK-CDG booked on Mar 10, 2010 and it was thought to be the A380, but there is conflicting info on the schedule, web site, and expert flyer.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by CloudyBay
Why is AF not flying the A380 on Wednesdays? I have AF7 JFK-CDG booked on Mar 10, 2010 and it was thought to be the A380, but there is conflicting info on the schedule, web site, and expert flyer.
Probably because of maintenance requirements. But that may be changed by March 2010 as they receive more aircraft (though I don't know their expected delivery schedule).
Old Aug 4, 2009, 4:39 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
... whalejets ...
Is that particular term of endearment officially approved by Airbus, or should we stick to 'Super-Jumbo'?

--Henry
Old Aug 5, 2009, 3:40 pm

Thanks for the answers, I'm confirmed and ticketed on the AF7, let hope the only seven on that flight will be on the flight number, not on equipment type when the day comes.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
on the AF7, let hope the only seven on that flight will be on the flight number, not on equipment type when the day comes.
Indeed, let's hope they rip out all those seats, too!
Old Aug 6, 2009, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Thanks for the answers, I'm confirmed and ticketed on the AF7, let hope the only seven on that flight will be on the flight number, not on equipment type when the day comes.
From what I heard from reliable source, the seats are identical to those on the 777, so nothing special except the excitment of being on the big bird. Sad that AF did not take this opportunity to introduce new products. I will soon use the shower on EK, the new suite,...
Old Aug 6, 2009, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by brunos
From what I heard from reliable source, the seats are identical to those on the 777, so nothing special except the excitment of being on the big bird. Sad that AF did not take this opportunity to introduce new products. I will soon use the shower on EK, the new suite,...
I agree it is very sad indeed. As you say, it will just be the excitement of the new bird, the hope that the said seats and screens will actually work on day 1, and marginal improvements such as the mood lighting which I presume they've fitted etc. BTW, I wonder if they have followed the path of other airlines in at least offering toilets with windows in J and P?
Old Aug 6, 2009, 7:24 am

Well, given it's just one flight and that I haven't had the oportunity to fly the 388 I'd take the whale over the triple seven any time, even if they put fancy new seats, and PTVs twice as big as regulars with three times the legroom on the 777. So I don't care about seats as long as they have some kind of seats
The same ofcourse will be true of the seven-late-seven if and when they finally get it in the air.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 4:05 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Anyone got a Seat Map ( Cabin Layout ) for the A380 ?

Thought I had seen one but I've searched and can't find it anywhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.