A380

Old May 19, 2009, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Falco Peregrinus
The A380 seat map is here.
A wild guess looking at the seat map:
- AF keeps its old Premičre seats with no privacy, rather than introducing a suite like many other airlines.
- AF keeps its biz lie-flat seat.
- does not seem to be a PE (premium voyageur), as setup is 3x4x3 in maincabin and 2x4x2 in UD, which is a typical economy setup. UP is narrower than main deck and 2x3x2 would be required for larger PE seats (as on QF).

Is it an outdated seat map?
Old May 20, 2009, 4:19 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Originally Posted by brunos
A wild guess looking at the seat map:
- AF keeps its old Premičre seats with no privacy, rather than introducing a suite like many other airlines.
- AF keeps its biz lie-flat seat.
- does not seem to be a PE (premium voyageur), as setup is 3x4x3 in maincabin and 2x4x2 in UD, which is a typical economy setup. UP is narrower than main deck and 2x3x2 would be required for larger PE seats (as on QF).

Is it an outdated seat map?
I think it is an old seat map and does not take account of so-called PE. As for the rest I understand that there will be 'enhancements' (i.e. a few very cheap adornments) to the existing product. AF has already shown itself incapable of a sustained effort in the front cabin. In J look for some very good deals this summer! Looking at the map Y in an AF 380 will surely replace the 77W as the antechamber to hell.
Old May 20, 2009, 4:50 am

Programs: FB Plat for life
I don't think it is an outdated seat map since it does show the new names for the products La premičre voyageur etc

this is looking like what we will get a very high density plane with no revolution on board but the same as usual product
Old May 20, 2009, 5:38 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by AshleyB
...Looking at the map Y in an AF 380 will surely replace the 77W as the antechamber to hell.
Here's your boarding pass, sir. Seat 94F. Yes, that's right, aaaaall the way at the back. "Enjoy" your flight
Old May 20, 2009, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AshleyB
I think it is an old seat map and does not take account of so-called PE. As for the rest I understand that there will be 'enhancements' (i.e. a few very cheap adornments) to the existing product. AF has already shown itself incapable of a sustained effort in the front cabin. In J look for some very good deals this summer! Looking at the map Y in an AF 380 will surely replace the 77W as the antechamber to hell.
Sad that AF is not replacing its old F & J (they were introduced in 2003). Their J seat is becoming outdated. The flat seats of BA, VS, AC, CX, SQ, etc.. is far superior. Nonstop TATL, AF currently only feels the flat-bed competition of Openskies to JFK/EWR; but some US airlines are installing fuly flat J seats and AF will feel the competition once they arrive on the CDG flights. The F seat is very inferior to the new suites installed by other airlines on the A380.

However, it seems to me that AF is doing OK in Y. On the 777 they moved from 3x3x3 (as most reputable airlines except EK) to 3x4x3. On the A380 main deck they adopted a 3x4x3 Y seating like the A380s of SQ, QF and EK. The 2x4x2 seating on the UD is also consistent with other airlines. I dont know if the A380 main deck is wider than the 777, but at least AF Y seating should be equivalent to SQ or QF, which it is not on the 777.
Note that QF has PE on the upper deck and it is 2x3x2. AF does not seem to have PE on the A380. Strange!
Old May 21, 2009, 8:31 pm

AF... always late, not just their flights, the concept too. Their brand new aircraft won't have the brand new premium Y class?

No, premium Y will be on an old raggedy 777 that will fly to NY at 8 AM when nobody wants to go there. Of course, it would have been to good a service to render to passengers to put the new premium Y on the 6:50PM flight, the one that is so full that people actually would love to pay a bit more for more space.

Common sense AF? They don't need it, they have been profitable for 5 years, now they will just get worse and worse until the government bails them out again.
Old May 26, 2009, 5:50 am

However, it seems to me that AF is doing OK in Y. On the 777 they moved from 3x3x3 (as most reputable airlines except EK) to 3x4x3. On the A380 main deck they adopted a 3x4x3 Y seating like the A380s of SQ, QF and EK. The 2x4x2 seating on the UD is also consistent with other airlines. I dont know if the A380 main deck is wider than the 777,
Yes. A lot wider. Wider than 747, too.
Note that QF has PE on the upper deck and it is 2x3x2. AF does not seem to have PE on the A380. Strange!
An explanation was that AF wanted to have PE on A380, but Airbus answered that they had started building the initial frames according to former orders. Thus AF cannot get PE unless they undertake expensive and time-consuming refit of brand new interiors. PE could be and is planned for subsequent A380 frames, but AF has deferred some.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by Falco Peregrinus
The A380 seat map is here.
Air France seems to have taken it down.

Do any copies exist?
Old Jul 31, 2009, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.3MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
I just found out my J booking on return from CDG-JFK will be on the 3rd day of operations of the A380. I currently selected second row window in the 2-2-2 configuration. Can anyone comment on the layout (as the seat map has apparently been taken down). It looks like 65 is an exit row and I might move back there, but only if someone can confirm that.

Merci!
Old Jul 31, 2009, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLATL777
I just found out my J booking on return from CDG-JFK will be on the 3rd day of operations of the A380. I currently selected second row window in the 2-2-2 configuration. Can anyone comment on the layout (as the seat map has apparently been taken down). It looks like 65 is an exit row and I might move back there, but only if someone can confirm that.

Merci!
65 looks like the first row of the second cabin. But according to AF map, the lav are right in front of it. Also the seats with baby bassinets. Have not seen the real plane yet, but from the map I personnally would avoid row 65.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.3MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
65 looks like the first row of the second cabin. But according to AF map, the lav are right in front of it. Also the seats with baby bassinets. Have not seen the real plane yet, but from the map I personnally would avoid row 65.
Thanks. What would you recommend having seen the seat map?
Old Aug 1, 2009, 1:09 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus Silver, DL, AA, AY, US
If I book the AF7 on say 20th December, can I be pretty much sure that it will be an A380 already (ofcourse it's never 100% sure if there is a crash or something but...)? I would be seriously disappointed if they decided to change back to triple seven after having paid extra to try the new bird...
Old Aug 3, 2009, 6:21 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
AF6/AF7 will not be A380 on Wednesdays!
Old Aug 3, 2009, 6:31 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Silver, DL, AA, AY, US
Originally Posted by Henry III
AF6/AF7 will not be A380 on Wednesdays!
20th December is a Sunday this year.

AF site shows the flight to be on the A380, though many travel agencies (even the ones that usually show the equipment type) don't show anything in equipment for AF6/7 I was mostly asking if anybody knows how final their plan to use the A380 on JFK even after the inaugural flights is. I understand that nobody can no about possible technicals that may lead to an equipment change on a single day.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by mkgrip
20th December is a Sunday this year.

AF site shows the flight to be on the A380, though many travel agencies (even the ones that usually show the equipment type) don't show anything in equipment for AF6/7 I was mostly asking if anybody knows how final their plan to use the A380 on JFK even after the inaugural flights is. I understand that nobody can no about possible technicals that may lead to an equipment change on a single day.
As you say, one can never be 100% certain, but I should think that it is 99% that the A388 will remain on that route/flight by the end of the year and most probably well beyond. THis is AF's most popular CDG-JFK flight, the route is perfect for the aircraft and is a 'flagship' one, so it is one of the few things AF can use to try and score points against major rivals BA and LH at this stage. I am reasonably confident you won't be disappointed although of course, there can be no guarantee... I wouldn't worry about the lack of indication either. I think the new aircraft may not yet be loaded on some booking engines (it similarly doesn't show yet on kvs) but I'm sure that it will be there soon!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.