Have you ever traveled in an empty J cabin on AF?

Old Feb 2, 2009, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Have you ever traveled in an empty J cabin on AF?

I'm on AF366 on February 20 from CDG to Philadelphia. I called to make my seat assignments and the reservations agent was a bit shocked: he said Tempo had a decent crowd but I was the only person holding a reservation in Affaires/Business. He remarked he's never seen an empty cabin this close (under 3 weeks) to departure time.

I'm sure it'll fill up between now and then. But has anyone ever flown AF over the Atlantic in a practically empty cabin before?
Old Feb 2, 2009, 3:37 pm
Suspended

I was the only passenger in AF F before, but I suppose that isn't that unusual.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 1:26 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
Not transat but flew AF 267 CDG ICN once as the only pax in J.

UTA
Old Feb 3, 2009, 11:42 am
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Not on AF.

But MsShark and I were the only ones in J on a NWA 742 (int'l config, not beach market special) from NRT to SIN during the SARS outbreak.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 12:02 pm

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by redtailshark
Not on AF.

But MsShark and I were the only ones in J on a NWA 742 (int'l config, not beach market special) from NRT to SIN during the SARS outbreak.
Same here, not on AF but have done on BA from KIN to LGW....kinda weird and on the return there were two of us in Business and the Chief Purser asked us if we would permit them to upgrade on this flight...we had no objection and so they upgraded three others.....this was in 1999 mind you!
Old Feb 21, 2009, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Multiple times on BLR-CDG-BLR...
Old Feb 25, 2009, 9:18 pm
ICA

Programs: DL Plat, JL Diamond, TK Elite, A3 Gold, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
But has anyone ever flown AF over the Atlantic in a practically empty cabin before?
Many times on CDG-BUD-CDG, only once on long-haul F,
but not yet on transat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.