Heathrow T4

Old Jan 8, 09, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Heathrow T4

Is there a date for AF to move to LHR T4 ?

If so will the other sky team members be going at the same time (and will that be the end of T2) ?
Old Jan 8, 09, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Yes I believe that they're due to move shortly after T5 opens

Oh wait, that was something of a disaster. I'm curious on the answer too, hopefully someone knows. I forgot to ask last time I was there.
Old Jan 8, 09, 6:29 pm

Programs: LX HON, AFKL Platinum, BA Gold->Blue again
Originally Posted by Caymanian View Post
Is there a date for AF to move to LHR T4 ?

If so will the other sky team members be going at the same time (and will that be the end of T2) ?
According to an old press release http://www.skyteam.com/news/headlines/20080318.html:

The new multi level co-branded lounge will occupy a space of 1,500 square meters and accommodate approximately 325 seats. The first floor will open this autumn to alliance passengers travelling through Heathrow, including customers of SkyTeam Associate airlines serving the airport (Kenya Airways). The space will be completed and the second floor open to passengers in spring 2009, in conjunction with the relocation of the remaining alliance carriers (Aeroflot, Air France, Alitalia, Czech Airlines and Korean Air) to accompany Continental, Delta, Kenya Airways, KLM and Northwest in Terminal 4. Long-term planning for the lounge will accommodate potential growth and the addition of future partners. Until the initial opening of the lounge in autumn, SkyTeam carriers operating out of and passengers departing from Terminal 4 will enjoy access to the current KLM lounge in the terminal, known as the 'Holideck.'

Spring 09 mentioned so it might be with the start of the summer schedule. But then, everything may be delayed as last time I was at LHR (end Nov or early Dec iirc) the Holideck was still open and there was no sign of any new Skyteam lounge...
Old Jan 9, 09, 2:02 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by MichielR View Post
Spring 09 mentioned so it might be with the start of the summer schedule. But then, everything may be delayed as last time I was at LHR (end Nov or early Dec iirc) the Holideck was still open and there was no sign of any new Skyteam lounge...
I guess there have been delays with BA's problems at T5. But I hope they are working on one of the former BA lounges in T4 to make it into the new SkyTeam lounge.

Search this Thread