Flying to Amman

Old Dec 23, 08, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Flying to Amman

Hi,

This is my first time posting in this forum, usually travelling with BA. Tomorrow we are flying to Amman from LHR, with a stop in CDG in C class. I was wondering if I could get some info on what to expect. The flight from London leaves at 7.45am, so I assume there will be a hot breakfast served.

Which lounge should we use when transiting through CDG, given we depart from 2E?

The flight to Amman departs at 1pm. What can I expect from the meal service? Will there be more than one option or just the one hot meal? Do they serve anything before landing in Amman? And finally is there any entertainment onboard in the way of overhead screens or PTVs?

Many thanks in advance,

DSK7
Old Jan 7, 09, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Gold, QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by dsk7 View Post
Hi,

This is my first time posting in this forum, usually travelling with BA. Tomorrow we are flying to Amman from LHR, with a stop in CDG in C class. I was wondering if I could get some info on what to expect. The flight from London leaves at 7.45am, so I assume there will be a hot breakfast served.

Which lounge should we use when transiting through CDG, given we depart from 2E?

The flight to Amman departs at 1pm. What can I expect from the meal service? Will there be more than one option or just the one hot meal? Do they serve anything before landing in Amman? And finally is there any entertainment onboard in the way of overhead screens or PTVs?

Many thanks in advance,

DSK7
Sorry no-one responded to your query. Could you post your experienes for the benefits of others ???
Old Jan 9, 09, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Overall the flights were disappointing. To begin, flying out of T2 at LHR is a horrid experience. I can't wait until they rip down that terminal and build Heathrow East. Although a short hop to Paris, I still expected a business class service having paid the premium for the ticket. The food was inedible and the crew were especially curt. It amazes me that in J class BA manage to serve a hot breakfast and a drinks service on this flight, when AF simply gives you a seat near the front of the plane.

Having arrived in terminal 2F we needed to connect to 2E. This was not an easy task, as the walk took around 15 mins. Once we arrived at the other terminal we were sent to a security line that took 45 mins to get through. I blame myself for not asking for the fast track line as we were in business class. Once we got near the front of the security queue the usher who sent us to the line came and started shouting very rudely at people to move to different lines, before getting in a disagreement with a colleague in front of all the passengers.

Finally passed security it was time to enjoy the lounge. I liked the AF Salons at CDG, and found them to be well stocked with food and drink. The terminal on the other hand doesn't have much to offer. After walking around for 5 minutes in the center where the shops are I was surprised that it simply extended in either direction with only boarding gates, and no other shops or restaurants.

The flight to Amman was better than the morning flight. We departed a little after 1pm, and were offered a more complete business class service. I was disappointed that the seating is pretty much the same as what exists in economy, simply just without the middle seat. RJ and BMI offer a great J class service on wide-bodied aircraft with true intl business class seats.

The choices for lunch was a smoked salmon appetizer, followed by a lamb sirloin or chicken in a cream sauce. The smoked salmon was tasty and nicely presented on the plate. I chose the lamb for my main, which wasn't fit for a dog. It was the worst piece of meat I have been served on an aircraft, as it had been heated in the oven for much too long and then taken out before the cabin was ready leaving it extremely dry and cold. The crew member in charge of the J class cabin was a little tough to handle. When I asked for another glass of wine he looked at me as though I had asked too much of him, before going off to grab a new bottle. Very different from the usual service on other airlines where drinks are topped up without having to ask.

The flight back was uneventful. We departed at 2am and were served a piece of bread with smoked salmon on top. I wasn't able to sleep and spent the flight watching movies on my laptop. When we were nearing Paris a hot breakfast was served consisting of a poached egg accompanied by some bacon and sausage. The egg was much too overcooked, and again, served rather cold. We arrived at 6am, and waited for our connection to London in the lounge. Now exhausted I just wanted to get home. I passed on breakfast on this short flight.

Having done this flight to Amman once, I can say that I will not choose AF again. The competition that flies directly out of LHR seems miles better than what AF do on a 'business class flight', even in their economy classes.

DSK7

Search this Thread